• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Release date announcement stream happening on April 11 [over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfried

Switch version will be PS4 version when docked, 3DS version when undocked. :p
Why have I never thought of this idea?

Or maybe, why not make the 3DS version but run in Unreal Engine on Switch? (Sure, everything will be semi-superdeformed, but at least you'll be able to switch to the retro mode on the fly.)

Aeana

I'm so tired of Sugiyama reusing music. We haven't had a DQ game with a fully original musical identity since 8. And even that game reused the bar theme for no real reason.

Kanann

l3YffMB.png

Cute mode.

The PS4 version very much looks like DQVIII in the current gen to me. Pretty happy with it. Considering DQ have rarely.

3DS version looks...about what I would expect. Pretty good for the system.

Did you play any of the IOS/Android/DS ports?
No, not interested really.
Ive played 8 on ps2, 9 and 7 on 3ds.
Thats all.
Liked 8, 9 was okay 7 was a pain to play.
I may have played some really early dq on gameboy as a kid but i dont remember which one.
Either way im not a fan of 2d or 1st person combat unless its brilliantly animated.

I'm so tired of Sugiyama reusing music. We haven't had a DQ game with a fully original musical identity since 8. And even that game reused the bar theme for no real reason.

Yeah, and even some of the original composition isn't as good as what used to be. IX's soundtrack was so forgettable outside of a few gems.

Audette

I get the same feeling every time a game uses the DQ main theme. I swear it's the been the same rendition used for like every game made in the last 8 years

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
3DS version looks great tbh. Hope we get this one for the western release as well.

Aeana

I get the same feeling every time a game uses the DQ main theme. I swear it's the been the same rendition used for like every game made in the last 8 years

The DQ overture is the DQ overture. It's the theme of the series. It's the one theme that should be in every game.
But with that said, DQ9/10 had a new introductory part, and DQ11 has a new one on top of that.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yeah I totally disagree about the 2D looking like RPGMaker. Though I do wish the enemies were animated in battle as well.

duckroll

THE FACTS

1. There is no music reuse, every track is rearranged painstakingly.

2. Every new soundtrack is original and filled with new tunes.

3. The Nanking Massacre did not happen.

4. Sugiyama-san is an upstanding person.

ReyVGM

The DQ overture is the DQ overture. It's the theme of the series. It's the one theme that should be in every game.
But with that said, DQ9/10 had a new introductory part, and DQ11 has a new one on top of that.

I think they do that with every new trilogy? I know DQ1-3 has a different one than DQ 4-6.

Audette

I know but recently when heroes and builders both open to the same exact composition, I think some how my brain broke away from enjoying it as much.i was really happy to hear the new version for this game.

No, not interested really.
Ive played 8 on ps2, 9 and 7 on 3ds.
Thats all.
Liked 8, 9 was okay 7 was a pain to play.
I may have played some really early dq on gameboy as a kid but i dont remember which one.
Either way im not a fan of 2d or 1st person combat unless its brilliantly animated.

You know, I can totally understand that. I think DQ is the only classic series I can tolerate the lack of animations.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
3DS version holds up so well...lol. Great looking game on both systems - Kudos to SE to making it work.

they are probably covering their asses for sales

3DS might still outsell the PS4 version

3ds version will probably sell 2-3 millions while ps4 will be sub 1 million. there has been no million seller on ps4 so far. not even FF XV has achieved that..
THE FACTS

1. There is no music reuse, every track is rearranged painstakingly.

2. Every new soundtrack is original and filled with new tunes.

3. The Nanking Massacre did not happen.

4. Sugiyama-san is an upstanding person.

say what? is this breitbart?

theofficefan99

Thoughts: 2D version looks cute, but not a fan of the static battles. I would get bored instantly.

3D version looks cute too, but really, it just looks like a downgraded version of the PS4 version.

PS4 version looks pretty amazing.

I do worry that the game is going to be a tad barebones, though. I mean it's releasing much quicker than expected and they haven't shown much. After FFXV I get worried when that's the case.

Edit: oh looks like a new trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom