• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition coming to Xbox One, PC on December 4

Mista

Banned

The long-running Dragon Quest series is finally making its debut on Xbox, with Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition.

Dragon Quest XI S is the version that we saw on Nintendo Switch, which includes new character-focused stories and the option to change between HD or 16-bit visuals among other smaller additions.

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition launches December 4 to Xbox and GamePass

Gematsu

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I already have this on PS4 and Switch, but good to see more games like this hit Xbox. Good addition for Gamepass.

Last edited:
Sounded like the orchestral soundtrack and not the Midi stuff either, which is awesome. Really great to see this on Xbox and launching into Gamepass.

GamePass is gonna be game changing this gen I think

Dynomite

Oh shit it's on Gamepass. I have been at post game on the PC version for a while now. I guess I will just abandon that and restart with this new version.

Vanethyr

Oh shit it's on Gamepass. I have been at post game on the PC version for a while now. I guess I will just abandon that and restart with this new version.

I'm probably going to do the same and jump from the PS4 version if they don't end up announcing the Definitive Edition stuff in September.

Edit: Oh, well, there you have it.

Last edited:
Day 1. Already off to a great start and it's not even the main show. Where are those naysayers mocking Phil for going to Japan now?

Last edited:
I thought the Definitive Edition was gonna be Nintendo only. I wonder if we will end up seeing it on PS then, I think the devs were coy on it before the Switch launch.

ranmafan

It’s a pretty big get to get the S version of XI on Xbox. Quite surprised about that. Hope we see more Japanese game news for Xbox soon. But keeping my expectations in check on that one.

Pejo

Fuck yea, glad I waited. I wanted the content from S but didn't want to rebuy on Switch. The site won't load for me - is there an upgrade path if you already own DQ11 or are they making everyone re-buy?

TheContact

I've never played a single DQ game, how can I call myself a self-respecting JRPG fan =\
This might be a good start, but I'll grab the Switch version.

Mista

Banned
Its coming to PS4 and Steam as well

EdnvTKJUEAAtGp0

Vanethyr

fantastic! Seeing it confirmed that s is coming to ps4 as well just made my day.

Likewise! I put a fair amount of time into it and would have preferred not to start over again, but I'm pleased that Xbox players get to experience one of the best JRPGs of the generation too.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Grats X-Bros! Great RPG. probably the only thing holding be back from an X Box is the RPG department.

mejin

What are the improvements over the original? Anyway, hope it is not the only thing MS got from SE. FFXIV still missing.

I can't see myself replaying DQXI (especially since the one general change I want is not going to happen), but the positive takeaway with regards to Microsoft and Japanese developers is seeing the Xbox get a release of this caliber alongside the PS4, rather than an after-the-fact port years down the road.

At the very least, this is the type of news that does increase my interest in the forthcoming Xbox.

Last edited:
Really good to know. I got pretty far into the original version on PS4, but I fell off because of the announcement of the Definitive Edition.

ranmafan

Likewise! I put a fair amount of time into it and would have preferred not to start over again, but I'm pleased that Xbox players get to experience one of the best JRPGs of the generation too.

same here. The best thing about this news is now everyone has a chance to play the best version of the best jrpg in years

Vanethyr

What are the improvements over the original? Anyway, hope it is not the only thing MS got from SE. FFXIV still missing.

For a start there's the Japanese dub, a symphonic soundtrack, and a 2D mode that makes it look like retro DQ.

Now would be the absolute best time to announce an Xbox port of FFXIV too, what with all the 5.3 overhauls in August and the free trial including Heavensward.

Really good to know. I got pretty far into the original version on PS4, but I fell off because of the announcement of the Definitive Edition.

That's exactly what I did too, was pretty bummed out and thought I'd wait a year to see if it was just a timed exclusive on the Switch, and I'm really happy that was the case! Now to see if we have to buy the game over again :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

drganon

Cool news. Dq11 is a great game. I probably wont be getting this version anytime soon though. I put in over 100 hours beating the regular ps4 version.

Fbh

Nice!
I missed this when it originally launched and then once the Switch version was announced I decided to wait for a possible PC or Ps4 release of the ultimate edition. It finally paid off!!

SinDelta

Yes! Excited for this. Wonder if base version will be able to upgrade to S, or if its full price regardless.

Last edited:

Raimond

I bought it more than a year ago on PS4 on sale (before even knew Switch version would have upgrades).

Now that this is coming to PS4... It's probably too much to get an option to upgrade right? (or even automatic, lol)!?

SilentUser

Nice to see people excited about this game. Maybe I should give it a try, never played Dragon Quest despite liking Final Fantasy and other JRPGs in general.

Top Bottom