• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragonball DS announced (based on the original dragonball :O) [Coming to US/Euro! :o]

lyre

Darunia said:
One of the scans has Bulma (at least I think it's her, no DB expert) in a really weird pose, with the DS gap functioning as a censor bar, what the fuck is up with that
That's in the original manga. Bulma, after being rudely awakened from her nap, hops on her bike with Goku on the back to pay a visit to the old hermit perv. In order to win a favour from him, she pulls up the overly large shirt she slept in not too long ago to let him have a peek. Keep in mind just before she woke up, Goku took her panties off for whatever reason and finds out the difference between males and females. Anyways, this is the reason why you see the old perv get a bloody nose; this happens twice in the same issue iirc.

Tho one thing not mentioned is, there's also a page with new VP DS shots! Looks great imo.

FlashbladeGAF said:
In the manga Bulma lost her pantys for some reason (I cant remember) so when she goes to lift up her shirt to get what she wants from master Roshi she didn't realize she didn't have them on.

That is one of the reasons the gap is so big...well atleast IMO
a bit off topic but what anime is your avatar from?

The original Legacy of Goku was horrible, like some sort of RPG an 8 year old build in click-n-play, but LoG2 and whatever the Buu one was titled weren't half bad.

Pachinko

I don't think we need to draw out the scans here really , just picture dragonquest 9 style graphics. I'm suprised people are going apeshit over the 3rd valyrie profile for ds.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Pachinko said:
I don't think we need to draw out the scans here really , just picture dragonquest 9 style graphics. I'm suprised people are going apeshit over the 3rd valyrie profile for ds.

Its Valkyrie Profile...thats why

Neomoto

Ferrio said:
I swear, we shouldn't even make threads about more if we don't have scans. Even when you do, people just go to another location look at them, then talk about them on this board. Really what the hell are we preventing?
Comfort? Time efficiency? Like people would otherwise import Famitsu from Japan and wait weeks so that it would finally arrive so you can look at a couple of pictures. I can understand no western scans but this.. everyone just goes to other websites that post the scans (and those websites normally only post Famitsu scans).

Anyway, pro-gamers.fr has direct feed screenshots, I'll post a few here:

dbds_36.jpg
dbds_33.jpg
dbds_43.jpg
dbds_22.jpg

dbds_12.jpg
dbds_28.jpg
dbds_10.jpg
dbds_7.jpg

More here

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I doubt this will be good still, but I've got to say that Game Republic did really well with the look of the game.

Will at least buy this once it gets cheap. Looks like it should be entertaining. Really like the graphics style they've got here!

Hive

Banned
Toriyama characters are getting a ton of play these days~

Dragon Quest games,
Dragon Ball DS,
and
Dr. Slump: Arale-chan is coming out too!

Tailzo

That was actually very, very impressive. Makes me think back and remember how good the original Dragon Ball was.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Combat looks like Phantom Hourglass. Game looks nice, I'm interested.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Himuro said:
If ducky won't do it, I'll upload them to youtube.
Please do. All the video players I'm using don't behave very well with this stream.

Kenka

Thanks a lot for the video. Looks great indeed. I just hope its sales will be on par with what we see here.

ITA84

pewye said:

The developers are taking the screen gap into account: I hear a lot of people like it when they do.

Hopefully they'll localize this, it looks quite promising.

Jammy

Banned
:D

I can't believe how much they nailed the original DragonBall series. I always thought there'd be so much potential in a game that just followed the show's storyline from start to finish.

this has to come out in english

it seems to cover up to the Red Ribbon arc, maybe they're already planning a sequel involving Piccolo

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
..pakbeka.. said:
it seems to cover up to the Red Ribbon arc, maybe they're already planning a sequel involving Piccolo
It would time itself PERFECTLY to market next to the live action movie (which covers the Piccolo arc).

Yottamole

Banned
ITA84 said:
Hopefully they'll localize this, it looks quite promising.
Has there been any game in the franchise (excluding the arcade games) that was not released outside of Japan in recent years?

Princess Skittles said:
It would time itself PERFECTLY to market next to the live action movie (which covers the Piccolo arc).
I remember seeing a recent scan of the game, with a page covering the movie immediately followed.

Top Bottom