• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragonball Xenovers 2 E3 Info

Hub World
7 times bigger than Toki Toki City
Can't fly at the start, flying locked off to prevent players getting to all areas initially
Vehicles available in Hub, Hover boards mentioned. Nimbus Hinted
Called Conton City
Instance supports 300 players (Can't all be rendered on screen at once)

Combat
Local Multiplayer
No Destructible environments but increased level of debris spawed by impacts (quickly cleaned up)
Combo's easier to create
More player mobility to dodge

Character Roster (Revealed so far)
Goku
Future Gohan
Trunks
Turles
Nappa
Cooler
Frieza
Zarbon
Dadoria
Lord Slug
Teen Gohan

Post Launch Content
Namco Bandai have said they plan on free post launch DLC for a "long time" (aiming to keep people playing a year after launch) Looking into what the can do with DBS since they understand people want it.

Development started before Dragonball Super so unsure of how much DBS content will be included. They sound super shady about this. I wouldn't be holding my breath for DBS content.

Story Details
Guru will give you a power boost at some point
Change events of DBZ History
Cooler will show up when Goku fights Frieza on Exploding Namek
Takes place a few years after the first game
Original Time Patroller appears in story mode

Character Customization is deeper.

Xenoverse 1 Save Import
Xenoverse 1 save can be imported but not as a character to play as. The full list of benefits from this have not been revealed but it looks like a Holo Statue of the first games character is present in Conton City

Footage
Reveal Trailer
Turles vs Future Gohan

Screenshots
Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-032.jpg

Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-052.jpg

Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-043.jpg

Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-023.jpg

Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-012.jpg

13413675_1264707820206989_2503315044498435184_n.jpg

13450919_1264707826873655_7824220987517862419_n.jpg

13466294_1264707830206988_2127924022675554763_n.jpg

13445421_1264707950206976_9025121279034592433_n.jpg

13445545_1264707953540309_6935055327041253468_n.jpg

Will keep updating with info when we get it. Apparently more info is expected at Japan Expo next month

Caayn

Any info yet on if we'll be able to select an arena when playing local with a friend?

Development started before Dragonball Super so unsure of how much DBS content will be included. They sound super shady about this. I wouldn't be holding my breath for DBS content.
Didn't they show part of the current ark in the reveal trailer?

ZeroX03

Banned
Bigger hub city is not remotely appealing to me. Most unnecessary element of the first game.

Just add quick menus so navigating the city is optional.

Stream over now but it's on IGN tomorrow. Honestly I'm pretty disappointed. Gameplay looks virtually the same which wouldn't be a huge problem with a big roster and some tweaks against super moves but No DBS content would be a real blow. We already have great characters like Frost, Hit and now Black Goku that would make great additions and them missing kind of makes the game seem outdated already.

Stream over now but it's on IGN tomorrow. Honestly I'm pretty disappointed. Gameplay looks virtually the same which wouldn't be a huge problem with a big roster and some tweaks against super moves but No DBS content would be a real blow. We already have great characters like Frost, Hit and now Black Goku that would make great additions and them missing kind of makes the game seem outdated already.
As someone who plays Xenoverse a lot I can say the gameplay looks a lot tighter and there seems to be more options.

The lack of an actual demo is realy stupid though.

a bit dissapointed in watching that battle footage, it looks very much like the first game, no destruction and the effects along the ground don't stay, come on now that's really lame for a DBZ game.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Seems to barely be anything new.

I wonder if the lack of Super stuff is because theres still no word on the dub or licensing from Funimation. At the very least Super Saiyan Blue and Golden Frieza should be in since they were DLC last time.

Bit of new Trunks would be pretty easy to pull off as well.

I foresee them including the first two arcs of Super since it's just the first two movies again

then maybe we'll get Hit, Frost, Black, and new Future Trunks as DLC, just like XV1 did with Revival of F

Alienous

The gameplay looks a lot more like the Tenkaichi games, a lot tighter with more options than the first XV. Looks like a nice improvement to me.

I am excited by them deciding to show fighting as their first game demonstration - hopefully making that really good is a core focus of theirs.

Updated the OP with some new screenshots and info.

Not much of the game is being revealed at E3, They are going to be on the IGN stream in 3 hours but I wouldn't expect anything until Japan Expo next month

Above all else I just want to know what they are doing with the story this time. Hopefully we can change events in time and see the consequences of our actions.

Revven

Seems to barely be anything new.

I wonder if the lack of Super stuff is because theres still no word on the dub or licensing from Funimation. At the very least Super Saiyan Blue and Golden Frieza should be in since they were DLC last time.

Bit of new Trunks would be pretty easy to pull off as well.

No, it's because the dev team finished conceptualizing the game's story and content right when Super started broadcasting and they went straight into developing those things. They were not clued in at all about what Super was going to have in later arcs, ergo it's likely there will either be very little Super content or none at all at launch. Has nothing to do with the lack of a dub for Super in the rest of the world. They brought over non-dubbed DBZ stuff in games in the past (see Battle of the Gods content being in Battle of Z before BoG even got dubbed).

And here I was hoping for Budokai to Budokai 2 improvements.

Disappointing.

You won't find those kinds of improvements in a 2 minute gameplay video... but from what we can gleam from that video here's what's new:

-Ki Blasts curve and home more than they did before
-Super Dashing/Dragon Dashing from Tenkaichi 3/Raging Blast is being added (though it looks different to a certain degree, obviously because it's Dimps doing it and not Spike). No idea how much stamina this will drain to perform.
-There's a gut punch similar to Infinite World/Burst Limit though we don't know if it functions like those games where it's a dedicated button you press to do it or if it's in the middle of a string and you have to press the heavy attack button during said string to get it ala Tenkaichi 3/Raging Blast. Puts you in a state where you cannot teleport out of combos and you must use your evasive move to get out (which would then force 3 bars of stamina to be used and if they're out of stamina after that, if you get them again, you can punish them even harder with a single combo).
-You can hit opponents while they are on the ground/falling/bouncing off of the ground; no more invincibility for these states preventing you from continuing combos like in XV1. This is really great especially for a lot of the combos they intended you to do in the first game but you couldn't because of the invincibility.

And the nice thing is every version is going to be 60 FPS so that'll make combat feel even smoother if you didn't play the PC version.

But yeah, Budokai 2's improvements were very subtle too and we haven't seen any of the UI so we don't even know if Ki works the same, if stamina works the same, if transformations work the same... there's a lot we don't know. Therefore, it's a bit early to be saying "not much has changed in comparison to how Budokai 1 went to 2". We don't even know if they've added any new combos to old characters (which is very possible to happen and is not something we could see in this 2 minute video since it's of new characters).

Let's wait for more footage that shows UI elements and for information on transformations/the Ki system. If anything is going to change significantly, it's the latter.

Wavebossa

What is going on with that horrific contrast?!?

Looks like everything is on some super contrast, dynamic vibrance filter that is cranked waaay too far up

Honestly, just look at this pic, wow.

Combos look like they can be chained now and it seems like you can probably start to get a juggle in their now. Love the improvements they've done to the fighting. Hub World sounds WAYYY better. The only thing I hope they include is a party-up system in the hub world and a way to actually interact with the other players there.

Other than that I'm sold. Almost a day one for me.

Nordicus

It looks a lot tighter with more options.
With the exception of them apparently turning the fiddly jump vanish into a proper dodge, I don't see it.

Turles and Gohan had some baked in teleport combos that they finished with blasts and aside from the OTGs I think the knocked back player or CPU just didn't try to escape it.

The best possible thing actually properly shown in that video is that the netcode may have been improved, because although you could absolutely dash after some of the knocked back enemies offline in Xenoverse 1, it never connects properly online. The standard custom Namekian combo is broken because of it.

And ya know what, if that's all they've done, that's enough for me. I spent 160 hours in Xenoverse 1, half of that time playing PvP with my buddies, and we only dropped out of it because it was so apparent that however well we timed those back attacks or Just Guards, the server was saying something else. If the netcode is better, I'm back in a heartbeat.

f@luS

More than a member.
60fps is enough for insta buy. And I don't worry for dbs content the first one already had ssb and golden friezer

What is going on with that horrific contrast?!?

Looks like everything is on some super contrast, dynamic vibrance filter that is cranked waaay too far up

Honestly, just look at this pic, wow.

Seems like they felt they had to do something with the graphics, since it would otherwise look identical to Xenoverse but without the excuse of last-gen versions this time, so they just went nuts on the contrast

Revven

Seems like they felt they had to do something with the graphics, since it would otherwise look identical to Xenoverse but without the excuse of last-gen versions this time, so they just went nuts on the contrast

Actually, it's because they've removed that ugly grey/dull filter they had on the previous console versions. This game is basically what XV1 on PC looked like.

And IMO, that's a good thing. That grey filter in XV1 on consoles was awfulll.

Same as before by the look of it

You can't be certain of this because we have not seen the UI and we do not know if multiple transformations are equippable and/or if they even need to be equipped into one of your ultimate slots. Let alone if they need to be equipped at all. People definitely complained about how transformations were implemented in XV1 so I'd assume the dev team is going to do something to address those complaints. Especially because people want Cell and Frieza's transformations and the only way to get those in without making them their own character slot is to have multiple transformations; whether equippable or just part of the character like in Tenkaichi/Raging Blast.

And this probably goes without saying but Future Gohan only has Super Saiyan so he is not the character to look at for what's different about transformations. The execution of it might be the same (as in you transform and it's a short cutscene) but we don't have any data on how much the stats change compared to XV1 (they did change in XV1 but it was very minimal), if SSJs can still spam (undoubtedly they will remove that feature, wayy too stupid to balance right and people hated it), or anything like that from this video.

If they are still equips, I would hope their solution is to have a dedicated transformation equip slot so your skill list for actual moves is not affected and they go with the Infinite World model where it's like a Transform! capsule and it includes every transformation for that character without taking up multiple slots. They could do something different for CaCs but original characters should have something like that; assuming they let us customize them this time (which I'm doubting they will but I would be extremely happy if they do considering how many costumes Goku and Vegeta had but 90% of them were trash/useless because of their skill lists and stats).

IGN stream just wrapped up. Only new info was that Time Patroller from the first game is a story character this time around. Save data will customize him/her to look like they did in your game.

They did mention it's got a 2 generations theme. All about Master and Apprentice. I'd expect the last Time Patroller to train your current one.

IGN stream just wrapped up. Only new info was that Time Patroller from the first game is a story character this time around. Save data will customize him/her to look like they did in your game.

They did mention it's got a 2 generations theme. All about Master and Apprentice. I'd expect the last Time Patroller to train your current one.

How does that work? They said you can import your characters over. Does that mean for story mode you absolutely must make a new char? Thus making your old chars only available for brawls online?

Does your character(s?) from the original pop up in the story mode only or as a statue in the hub? =V pretty confusing.

How does that work? They said you can import your characters over. Does that mean for story mode you absolutely must make a new char? Thus making your old chars only available for brawls online?

Does your character(s?) from the original pop up in the story mode only or as a statue in the hub? =V pretty confusing.

You make a new character.

Your old character is a statue in Conton CIty and will appear in story mode.

ReaperXL7

Sounds pretty great to me, I think it's cool that they are incorporating your old character into the story. Really curious about the additions to the customization options and I hope they lean into the rpg aspects even alittle more this time.

Namco is putting out a lot of games that I'm really into, though I am kind of agitated that we still don't have a date for God Eater

Not that I did but does that mean you're out of luck if you bought the game on PS3 or 360?

Top Bottom