• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown ships over 300k in Japan across PS3 and Vita

duckroll

Index press release: http://indexweb.jp/news/2013/10685.html

They've announced that they shipped over 300k of Dragon's Crown including direct download sales, within a week of release in Japan. Based on Media Create and Famitsu's tracking, we know that they sold about 180k in total in the first weekend, with that being most of the initial shipment. Definitely Vanillaware's biggest hit ever.

jwk94

Has anybody's copy from Amazon shipped yet? Also, how well do these types of games keep their TIV? Not sure if I should just go Digital with the Vita version...

image.php

cluderi

Great news, I'll be picking my Vita copy on digital for sure.

Sadly I'm moving countries soon so I can't order the physical (as I can't ship it anywhere) :-(

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Awesome! I can't wait for my copy to arrive! XD

There are no more details about dd sales?

That's great news. With the success of Vita games like, Monster Monpiece, Muramasa, Demon Gaze and Toukiden, hopefully, more Japanese devs will jump onboard.

Vitanimus

Great news, the sales have definitely surprised me. 180k in one weekend for a relatively "niche" title is great for Vanillaware, and considering Vita's handsome contribution to those sales I hope they support the platform with other releases?

duckroll

Going by the numbers in the media create thread and if my math is right it's somewhere between 90-100k

No, we can't just do that, because they're announcing this today, which is a week from when it started selling. If it sold 180k out of a 200k shipment in the first weekend, then it is likely to have gotten restocked throughout this week, which means there's no long a great way to get a fixed number on digital downloads. ~50k is more likely imo.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Great news, the sales have definitely surprised me. 180k in one weekend for a relatively "niche" title is great for Vanillaware, and considering Vita's handsome contribution to those sales I hope they support the platform with other releases?
I think continued support is almost guaranteed. Their rerelease of muramasa on the vita outsold the original release on the Wii.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's because this game has amazing assets.

Art assets.

talking about boobs, y'all

Glass Rebel

No, we can't just do that, because they're announcing this today, which is a week from when it started selling. If it sold 180k out of a 200k shipment in the first weekend, then it is likely to have gotten restocked throughout this week, which means there's no long a great way to get a fixed number on digital downloads. ~50k is more likely imo.

Oh, alright, I didn't take restocking into account. Still, impressive numbers and as I said in the MC thread Vita sales hold up pretty nicely against the PS3 version.

It also looks like the first VW game I might enjoy!

kyubajin

My only gripe is that I end up not supporting the PAL releases cause I already imported the game :/ Happened with Demon's Souls and Catherine too, coincidentally both Atlus games too.

man lol. this game is designed to be played 10 minutes then rub one out the next 10 minutes for the guys into hentai stuff lol

Yes thats exactly what its designed for.....why did they even add in all the rpg mechanics, enemy designs, combat systems, quests, just should of made a hentai game. Would have sold way better right guys....../s.

duckroll

GrimGrimoire is the best Vanillaware game. I'll totally get a sequel or enhanced port with some multiplayer features and a bunch of unique challenge missions added.

Top Bottom