• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Comes to PC This January

Dinjoralo

From few pages back.
Gah, missed that. I've also noticed more posts from 'bacon, nice to see them going out of their way to prevent uncertainty. Not enough developers do that.

I'm also liking the way that trailer starts. Lotta other developers that bring a game to PC after it's been on consoles for a long while seem to avoid talking about that gap between releases.

Rathorial

Still would kill and pay double for a version of Dragon's Dogma where I could exchange the Pawn AI that would sometime jump off cliffs (on my 360 version), and instead let me co-op with my actual friends.

Would pay triple if they could create a story that was at least decent, and a world that didn't look so utterly generic (minus some monster designs).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
i would assume MT framework is already pretty mod friendly

The modding community doesn't seem to be because the devs nurtured it. More that the modders were dedicated enough to make it work with their framework. At least Capcom doesn't seem to try and obfuscate it.

But it could be great with proper mod tools, and thats what makes developers saying "Who knows what modders will do!" frustrating. It's a false selling point that is unearned because they don't actually know modders will have that interest.

reseident evil 2 remake, dragons dogma online and now this!? CAPCOM!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THESE YEARS!?

we're coming to the part of the Capcom cycle where they'll do no wrong for a little while and it'll be glorious...just hope Marvel 4 sneaks in there before they start doing dumb shit again.

rockx4

Excited for the game and the improved framerates (ran like crap on 360 and ps3, and i still played on both), but I was hoping they would improved the character models a bit. Dragon's Dogma character models look like shit. :(

I'll still buy it, but it's disappointing.

wbacon

Capcom USA
I also wonder about arbitrary framerate support. Lots of MT framework games have no problem running at arbitrary framerates at least.

I'll just say it ran fine on a 144Hz ROG Gsync monitor. But you'll need a fast, discrete GPU to run at full 1440p/144 fps with graphics settings maxed out.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
According to Gamestar.de these are the official system requirements:

Minimum:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8200, 2.7 GHz

2GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or AMD Radeon HD 4850

Windows Vista 32 Bit​

Recommended:

Intel Core i5 660/AMD Phenom II X4 840

4GB RAM

Radeon HD 5870/GeForce GTX 480​

not really surprising xD

Bl@de

Very modest. I like that. MT Framework as usual.

EDIT: I think the game will be DX9 so SGSSAA, HBAO+ via Nv.Inspector is basically a given when I look at other Capcom games (Resident Evil 6). Niiiiiiice

Lime

Very modest. I like that. MT Framework as usual.

EDIT: I think the game will be DX9 so SGSSAA, HBAO+ via Nv.Inspector is basically a given when I look at other Capcom games (Resident Evil 6). Niiiiiiice

GeDoSato is where it's at

UrbanRats

I wonder if i'll be able to run 4k in 60fps, with a 970.
It can run DMC4 fairly well that way, RE6 too, but of course, DD's much more taxing, i assume.

5870/ GTX 480 recommended. It's like the port was ready years ago and they just forgot to release it. It's funny. You'd think they would throw something more modern in there like a GTX 750 ti, just for those that aren't familiar with 6 year old hardware.

UnrealEck

I'd love if it isn't capped at 60.
But it's not the end of the world. I don't see any excuse for it to be though if it was originally 30 on console.

Minimum:

2GB RAM

Windows Vista 32 Bit​

Recommended:

4GB RAM

not really surprising xD

Oooh, pretty neat!
Maxed settings at 60fps, here I come.

Durante

Driver forced HBAO+ doesn't work with GeDo if my memory serves correct, so its not as black and white as that. If you can DSR it, along with HBAO+, that may be preferred.
Of course, you could also try the generic depth plugin for AO, which is not as good as HBAO, but on the other hand it makes it easier to eliminate some artifacts which can happen with driver injection (like AO-over-hud).

Lots of tradeoffs :p

I'd love if it isn't capped at 60.
But it's not the end of the world. I don't see any excuse for it to be though if it was originally 30 on console.
Well, it's not:
I'll just say it ran fine on a 144Hz ROG Gsync monitor. But you'll need a fast, discrete GPU to run at full 1440p/144 fps with graphics settings maxed out.

Minimum:

2GB RAM

Windows Vista 32 Bit​

Recommended:

4GB RAM

not really surprising xD
Now I don't have to worry anymore with my shitty pc.
Umbasa!

Joey Ravn

Banned
Oh, man. Can we get to Dec. 4 for XenoX and skip directly one month ahead for this? December is going to suck.

Oh, wait. Christmas. That's good. That should hold me over :)

Sblargh

Banned
I get a chill every time I meet the recommended requirements for any game I really want to play.

It's not even that rare; childhood trauma, I guess.

Grief.exe

That's an unfortunate result of YouTube compression, or texture resolution potentially set to 'normal' or 'low.' Hard to say as the footage definitely took its toll due to YouTube video compression.

For comparison's sake, here's a cleaner look at the same cape:
ss_a043fb65dbb6446d452bf5d759900ef59fa943f5.jpg

Some bonus shots:
ss_b77be59140fb2d082366212e8fef8ee8a453129f.jpg

ss_765cdba1cc2e3846094b448e325578a2c766fcb0.jpg

While textures won't compare to current gen titles built from the ground up, the assets in DDDA PC will look better than past gen console versions since they're original, uncompressed assets.

Those are some excellent shots.

You should be able to achieve those resolutions and performance levels provided you have a capable, late model GPU. We'll publish system reqs along with other PC-specific info somewhere around Dec. 3rd.

Not that I wasn't already sold, but SOLD.

Building a new PC soon, so this will likely be one of the first things I play on it in all its glory.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Minimum:

2GB RAM

Windows Vista 32 Bit​
Recommended:

4GB RAM

not really surprising xD
Wow, GT 480 as recommended? Even my aging card (GTX 560) is stronger. Can't wait to run this baby at max settings @ 60 fps. :)

I shouldn't be so surprised though, just about every last-gen game, my PC can run flawlessly at max* or close enough (like Castlevania LoS, Borderlands, Dishonored, Dark Souls, etc. though Fallout 3 did dip sometimes but I think that's just Fallout being Fallout... xD), so a 2012 PS360 game should be 100% fine. Woohoo!

*Not 4K though, just 1080p xD I don't have a 4K monitor anyway

"They're Steamworks all you can't go wrong" is still the best OT title I've heard
This had better be the OT. xD

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Downsampling is always an option even when you don't have a 1440p or 4k monitor OuO and have a good card.
Sure but I doubt my card is up to snuff (GTX 560). I tried to use GeDoSaTo with Dark Souls 2 once and increase the resolution beyond 1080p and the game ran so slow it almost crashed, lol. Not gonna try that again.

Kyoufu

I just hope the game will have good KB&M controls (and a mouse friendly UI). Don't care too much about the graphics, at least it will run in 60fps on my system then^^ Looking forward to this game. Heard a lot of good things :) Top of my steam wishlist.

I don't even want to imagine playing this game on a keyboard and mouse.

Like, holy shit, no.

Top Bottom