• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Comes to PC This January

Ceadeus

Years after, pc gamer can get their hands on this, while everyone else already done the game and went back to mh4u.

But they can now enjoy this though.

This is probably one of the worst performing games of last gen, right? I remember being turned off by the demos (on both systems) so much that I just skipped it.

Years after, pc gamer can get their hands on this, while everyone else already done the game and went back to mh4u.

Salt?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Definitely awesome, but I'd be lying if some part of that wasn't using either cheat engine or some mods to fix a lot of the issues I had with facets of the game.

But I'll probably be able to do that, so woo!

Hypron

Yes! I can finally buy this game. I didn't want to deal with the technical issues on console so this is great.

Aeana

A lot of us already played the game on consoles and are now looking forward to playing it at a reasonable framerate. Keep your platform wars junk to yourself.

FLAguy954

s3ou1t.gif

I just got the news of the PC release.

Fuck. Yes.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Capcom is on roll this year!
Looks better but still a bit dated, obviously not a Remaster for current gen as it looks to be just a High res port, then againsome Remasters are just that lol.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly what I was going to say.

Then mod in proper fast travel, a completely new inventory system and take out any quest remotely close to a city.

Then it might be worth playing again. It always had huge potential, but 60fps will not fix what is mostly a poorly designed game.

I really liked that they made you actually earn your fast travel in the original game (not played the Dark Arisen version yet). Getting those crystals was really damn special and you made damn fucking sure to put them in good spots on the map. It was punishing but I liked it but then I loved roaming the entire map anyway.

Mivey

Capcom is on roll this year!
Looks better but still a bit dated, obviously not a Remaster for current gen as it looks to be just a High res port, then againsome Remasters are just that lol.
They could use the new x86 build as a basis for a PS4 and XBone port. Would require heavy changes to memory management and the graphics stack most likely, but its easier than starting from the last gen code, I would venture to guess.

I really liked that they made you actually earn your fast travel in the original game (not played the Dark Arisen version yet). Getting those crystals was really damn special and you made damn fucking sure to put them in good spots on the map. It was punishing but I liked it but then I loved roaming the entire map anyway.

It was nice the first time you had to run between cities but it got incredibly old fast because running was so poorly designed. You shouldn't be a bad ass who takes down huge beasts but then gets tired like an 80 year old asthmatic who is out of shape.

You then saw the same enemies and paths over and over, some hunting in packs and even when you got fast travel, it put you in awkward areas which were not close to where you wanted to be.

Want to be on the west side of the city? Well bad luck because last time you wanted to be on the East. Enjoy your run and try not to take too many breaks. Heck the character should at least rest during the long loading times.

Hopefully all this can be fixed because the game is worth that extra effort. However for now, I still say the technical issues on console, and there were many, were the least of this game's problems.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

I will enjoy playing it at an acceptable framerate and resolution, yes. Poor MH4U will probably never get that though.

Unai

I'd say there are plenty of us. Hell, I'm one of the suckers who bought the vanilla version and DA. And I'll be triple-dipping for the PC version, no question.

I've already bought three copies of the game. Vanilla ps3, Dark Arisen PS3 and Dark Arisen 360. This is going to be my fourth copy. Day one. Where's my preorder page, Capcom?

careksims

The Capcom gods have smiled upon us! Oh happy days are here! I'm soo glad I held off on this game! Now I can play this in full glory. Day one baby!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I will enjoy playing it at an acceptable framerate and resolution, yes. Poor MH4U will probably never get that though.
I'd be happy with any console port on this. Can't stand handhelds. They ported MH3U to the Wii U, why can't they do that with MH4? :(

Travado

OMG, I can't believe it. I will buy for the third time for sure, I already have Dragons Dogma and Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for PS3.

One of the best last gen games, buy it people, thank me later.

draetenth

Great News. I bought the game when Dark Arisen came out for the PS3 and it instantly became my favorite game of the year. It's combat was phenominal. I love using the tornado spell on enemies and fighting all of the big monsters (wished there was a bit more variety though).

My only real complaint I had was that I played it on my Plasma tv and this game almost gave me burn in (I had to really reduce the time I played during each sitting to avoid it). The framerate was pretty off at times.

I for one am ready to play it on the pc at a steady framerate with no fear of burn in.

Momentary

Banned

So it's frowned upon to play older games? Man there are people playing Grandia II on PC right now. They sure do suck for waiting so long to play it... Even though most of them played it back in the day.

kagamin

Heard and seen a lot of good things from this game, I'm definitely gonna try this out, it falls within my interests.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
If this game supports 60fps it may be my new go to when showing examples of the huge improvement PC can have over consoles.

Koyuga

Oh my god, I can't believe this is actually happening. I'm so buying this day 1, put over 100 hours into DA on PS3, absolutely superb game. I hope they also port it to PS4 and Xbox One, more people need to play this game, and it deserves to run at something higher than 24fps.
Really, it's an amazing game. If any of you have even the slightest interest, BUY IT.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Megaman Collection
REmake 2 announcement
SF5 looking great
DD:DA PC announcement

Capcom slowly turning shit around lately

wbacon

Capcom USA
Dear fellow Arisens -

Tons of folks asked whether the upcoming PC port will have a capped frame rate. With DDDA being an MT Framework-based game, you can rest assured it'll have the usual graphics options found in other Capcom PC titles.

Stay tuned as we'll have more details to share regarding tech specs and features in the coming weeks/months.

wbacon

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dear fellow Arisens -

Tons of folks asked whether the upcoming PC port will have a capped frame rate. With DDDA being an MT Framework-based game, you can rest assured it'll have the usual graphics options found in other Capcom PC titles.

Stay tuned as we'll have more details to share regarding tech specs and features in the coming weeks/months.

wbacon

Well there you have it.

Koyuga

Dear fellow Arisens -

wbacon

I'm not too worried about it, MT Framework games on PC tend to run very well, even on toasters.

Skilletor

Played it, loved it. Will play it again on PC, and love it more.

Don't care, nor have I ever cared, about Monster Hunter. This isn't comparable at all.

Nzyme32

I completely missed the game but have been recomended it pretty often, so this is great news that I'll get to give it a spin. I'm sure this bodes well for future western releases on other platforms and as well as the online game.

What a wonderfully salty tune to play in a thread with a mixture of people who are both console players and PC players, all happy to see a game they loved or a game they haven't had the chance to play, get an improved new release.

Take your platform warring to the infantile playground

MaLDo

Dear fellow Arisens -

wbacon

Now I can die

heart-attack.jpg

Not sure if that's sarcasm. Just use inputmapper or something.

It's more about the button prompts. I just can't bother with this stuff in 2015 (heck, 2016 in this case), there is no excuse. This is the reason I bought MGSV on PS4 instead of PC. Arkham Knight had DS4 support thus I bought it on PC.

Top Bottom