• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

So my game is shitting up. I preloaded but it didn't do anything to get the last required files and was stuck in download. I tried uninstalling and re-installing but now its stuck at 56% all the time and not moving.

heeeeeelp

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this island that appears in the first village, I assume that's the Dark Arisen content? if so, I thought it was end game / post game stuff but its telling me I can go there now

Stevey

Sounded too easy lol

Looks much better now!

I cant get it to work lol.
Dont know what folder to extract the zip to.
How do I select it in sweetfx?
The only thing that works is the sharpen which I had on in Fallout 4.
Nothing else seems to work.

this island that appears in the first village, I assume that's the Dark Arisen content? if so, I thought it was end game / post game stuff but its telling me I can go there now

Yeah Bitterblack Isle and yeah it is intended as endgame/post-game but it doesn't explicitly prevent you from doing it that way. You can go whenever you want but it's recommended 50+ minimum. However even if you are high level and haven't completed the main original plotline and you care about spoilers or story don't do BBI since it'll inadvertently spoil the main plotline.

If one knows what they're doing you can even start doing it to a point at level 10+ but it involves a lot of cheesing and using stuff like throwblasts.

You could go there at anytime, but I wouldn't step on that island until your are lv 50 and above.Still if you are daring enough, you could find something interestingly powerful there and get out of there alive? muahahaha hahaha, muahahaha! I recommend doing this post game I think :)

So quick question before I begin... Is Hard Mode the way to go? Or is normal mode also good?
do normal first, I think the only difference is that enemies hit harder. If you like to try hard mode, you will probably end up regretting it or grinding tons to lv up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Is the game's sound very low for anyone? I have the audio maxed but it sounds so low compared to the rest of my games.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Even at lvl50 you are going to get destroyed on BBI if you don't know what you're doing.
The stronger enemies there can still easily 2-3 shot a level 200 character.

Enb load times are still pretty rough even on an ssd
Yep, he did say that now that the game is officially released hes working hard on the mod to update it fast as possible. He knows why the load times are long, but says it's a tricky thing to fix.

Still really sucks that you HAVE to have HDR set to HIGH, glowing lights look so damn bad with it on HIGH...

Dr Dogg

Depth of Field all most certainly isn't at rendering res as it looked really harsh in the village opening. Still playing this at a bonkers resolution and framerate is almost like a different game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You could go there at anytime, but I wouldn't step on that island until your are lv 50 and above.Still if you are daring enough, you could find something interestingly powerful there and get out of there alive? muahahaha hahaha, muahahaha! I recommend doing this post game I think :)

im the opposite of daring.

Can i force xbox controlls when using a ds4 with ds4windows? It's showing generic controllers that keep flickering.
Edit: It works flawlessly with bluetooth on ds4windows but not wired. Just switched to bluetooth.
You need to use the Hide DS4 option, which requires you to start ds4windows up with steam CLOSED (and possibly other programs that would affect the hide feature).

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is the game's sound very low for anyone? I have the audio maxed but it sounds so low compared to the rest of my games.

Yes, the sound mix is all over the place. Sometimes I need to turn up the volume to hear NPCs, then I get into combat and it is incredibly loud and I need to turn it down.

SilentRob

I advise you to go there once so the blue marker disappears from your map. Drove me crazy. You can teleport back immediatly after arriving.

If anybody is curious, this is the main noticable difference with HIGH HDR, all "glow effects" are MUCH brighter, including glow from skill effects. Even your weapons will glow extremely bright when enchanted.

LOW on left, HIGH on right
WgmcWLT.jpg

If anybody is curious, this is the main noticable difference with HIGH HDR, all "glows" are MUCH brighter, including glows from skill effects. Even your weapons will glow extremely bright when enchanted.

http://i.imgur.com/WgmcWLT.jpg?1[IMG][/QUOTE]

wbacon stated that low is the intended look. Someone here suggested it should be changed to "Normal" and "Vibrant" as most people would assume high is better.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Does anyone else get terrible frame rate after retrying or loading a game? Mine tanks to the low tens for about 5-10 seconds then goes back to 60.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
If anybody is curious, this is the main noticable difference with HIGH HDR, all "glow effects" are MUCH brighter, including glow from skill effects. Even your weapons will glow extremely bright when enchanted.

WgmcWLT.jpg

wbacon said that low is the intended value, high isn't actually better, just different. He's considering relabeling it to avoid confusion.

wbacon said that low is the intended value, high isn't actually better, just different. He's considering relabeling it to avoid confusion.
Yeah I was just pointing out the differences.

Something interesting though, is that when it's set to HIGH, the setting reads "FLOAT" in the .ini file. On top of that, ENB creator says it will ONLY work with HIGH HDR.

Rhaknar

regular bow shots early on barely do any dmg, the skills do but they use up stamina fast. my daggers have much higher dps just from normal stabs, but I want to shoot things :(

this isnt a complaint, just an observation. Im level 10 now, but I havent found any place to change classes to a higher one, ive mainly been doing sidequests early on

sobaka770

Banned
The ENB really makes this game look almost next-gen, so good. Can't wait for some extra texture (and grass) mods to really make this game shine.

4DGgNu9.jpg

SNQkTnL.jpg

wv1DGbN.jpg

hoalLo6.jpg

regular bow shots early on barely do any dmg, the skills do but they use up stamina fast. my daggers have much higher dps just from normal stabs, but I want to shoot things :(

this isnt a complaint, just an observation. Im level 10 now, but I havent found any place to change classes to a higher one, ive mainly been doing sidequests early on
Aim for heads/weakpoints. But yea generally regular shots won't do as much damage as melee weapons, which makes sense considering you get infinite ammo.

Go to gran soren inn or talk to lady at bitter black isle to change classes.

Twentieth

Try playing Ranger and using Poison/Oil/etc arrows.

Parsnip

Seems like it resets my resolution back to 1080p at every launch, a bit annoying to set up downsampling every time I start the game.

At what point do you get to switch to an advanced class? I went to BBI and was only able to switch between the base 3. I'm still thinking about switching over to Fighter from Strider anyways (daggers aren't doing it for me)

I'm having slowdowns during the prologue.

my specs: i7 4770k cpu, gtx 780 3gb card, and I have 8gb's of ram.

anyone have the same problem?

once you get the zoom in skill, you can headshot fools and one shot stuff.

Sophia

Adding to what everyone else said, make sure you've got a pawn to enhance your magic. And of course the oils and potions. An arrow shooting an enemy weak to fire does more damage.

Top Bottom