• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Alexm92

So whats the best way to play on a 970 and 1080p TV? In regards to HBAO+, FXAA, ENB etc.

Thanks for any help, I just want to have the best IQ possible while still holding 60fps

gnexus

Ah.. so apparently when I started playing right at launch Steam, for some reason, decided to not have the achievements available for the game. After about an hour of two or playing, I should have unlocked a couple story based achievements, but they weren't available so they never popped. Quitting Steam and reopening now displays the achievement list with nothing unlocked. A small technical gripe, but whatever. I'm digging the game thus far.

Durante

So whats the best way to play on a 970 and 1080p TV? In regards to HBAO+, FXAA, ENB etc.

Thanks for any help, I just want to have the best IQ possible while still holding 60fps

IMHO, all injection methods for AO currently available for this game have too many issues. For now I simply stick with downsampling from 4k on my 970.

Everybody's game is like that (color banding), it's just how the game engine is. Seems like maybe you have your brightness higher which would make it stand out more.

Yup, your brightness seeings are ridiculously high...Dragons dogma night time is supposed to be so black you cant hardly see anything.

moop1167

Lol, I reinstalled the game because it kept booting into windowed mode even though I had full screen selected. Well that part got fixed, but now I get 18 fps in the game with dual GTX 980ti's. What the hell?

Majukun

done the tutorial and then it was dinner time.. atm the combat is rather barbone.. but I suppose it opens up. with level progression...
by the way, are there any rules about how the 'climbing on monsters' works? or it's just move and hopes the guy doesn't shrug you off?

Just got to Grand Soren playing as a fighter with my main pawn being a Mage. Is there anything I should know when it comes to vocations/sidequests/gear that I otherwise wouldn't? I know that the suggested idea is to play every vocation somewhat to learn some sort of bases/passive skill (where can I check that out in-game btw? and how do I know if I've learned every single one for a certain vocation?) but don't know much else.

Vuze

Oh, one game related question. How do I bind the hotkeys for items? I was thinking about remapping my Xbox controller Dpad for them but I can't even find the in-game setting. Am I missing something?

Stiler

Wow, did they seriously take out the Guts "face" preset? I mean I can understand the license issues for taking out the armor and other things, but removing a pre-made face that wasn't even 100% guts, just a face with a similar scar and closed eye? I can't seem to make on emyself now :(.

Really really wanted to make a Guts look like I did with my original DD playthrough, I thought they just removed the armor and still let you customize your character to at least "look" like guts if you wanted.

done the tutorial and then it was dinner time.. atm the combat is rather barbone.. but I suppose it opens up. with level progression...
by the way, are there any rules about how the 'climbing on monsters' works? or it's just move and hopes the guy doesn't shrug you off?
The combat will expand like the universe according to the kalam cosmological theory.
There are no set ways to climb on a monster,however you will get skills that will improve it later on, and of course the more stamina the better. some monsters may have animations that could help you find a short cut to climbing him.for example a cyclops might kneel to strike and you could simply jump straight to his face.

Tizoc

What does HDR do?

These are my laptop's specs
GPU: GeForce GTX 770M
CPU: IntelCore i7-4700HQ
RAM: 16 GB
Windows 8.1

Can I use ENG or not? Are there any current graphic mods that my lappy can run without issues?

Sectus

I got the save to load, but it's stuck on the accessing server screen on initial load if I try to start the game in online mode. I ditched the two pawns I had with me from the 360 save, slept in game to sync with the server and re-saved, but I get stuck on the same accessing server screen every time I start the game. So something's not playing nice. Maybe it's my pawn causing an issue somehow if it's trying to find it on their server.

I'm doing more testing, and now I'm also running into major issues if I'm online. I did not run into this with earlier testing. I'll look into this over the weekend and see if I can figure something out. But there's a chance console to pc saves aren't stable unless you stay in offline mode.

Wow, did they seriously take out the Guts "face" preset? I mean I can understand the license issues for taking out the armor and other things, but removing a pre-made face that wasn't even 100% guts, just a face with a similar scar and closed eye? I can't seem to make on emyself now :(.

Really really wanted to make a Guts look like I did with my original DD playthrough, I thought they just removed the armor and still let you customize your character to at least "look" like guts if you wanted.
I thought pre-made male body 3 was supposed to be Guts, unless the original had something closer

Cutwolf

Anyone else having an issue with the game acting like one of your directional keys is pressed? I boot up, and it thinks the left arrow/a key is being held down, even with my hands off the keyboard.

Is it possible to edit the pawn? The voice I chose is annoying and doesn't resemble the one fro the samples :/

There's a barber shop in Gran Soren that lets you change the voice of your character or main pawn for about 3,000 gold, I think. It's right off the fountain square, near the alehouse.
If that dosent work

try this

By the Riftstone in the Encampment (where your Main Pawn joins you), there's a merchant that will sell you various items in exchange for rift crystals. You can buy the Art of Metamorphosis for 5000 RC, which will allow you to re-customize your Arisen and Main Pawn ONCE and only once. He won't restock this, so make sure you're happy with your characters before accepting your changes. Once you've finished the main game, he'll sell the Secret of Metamorphosis for 10,000 RC, which can be used to customize your characters as many times as you'd like.

Once you've bought either of these, you can customize your characters by exiting out to the main menu.

Flandy

I'm not seeing Ambient Occlusion compatibility in nvidia inspector. Anyone know why that could be? Used the download link in the OP too
Windows 10 if it matters

edit: fixed it. Turns out its because all the files weren't extracted from the archive when installing

KainXVIII

IMHO, all injection methods for AO currently available for this game have too many issues. For now I simply stick with downsampling from 4k on my 970.

Too bad that my GTX 970 can't handle 4k without drops (and only other dsr resolution i can choose is 1620p strangely)

Zexen

Mind sharing your character creator settings? That looks similar to what I want to make my arisen look like.
Sure, no prob.
Code:
Face 10 +1 / Skin Lane 2 - 1
Eyes 31 +1 -1 +0 / Eyebrows 33 -1 -2
Nose 10 +0 +0 / Mouth 19 +2
Ears 1 +0 -1
Body 0 + 0 / Muscles +1 / Torso 1
Arms 7 / Legs 8 / Attitude +1 +1
Scars 32 / Age -1 / Pilosity 23
180.6 / 83.0
Should be this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nooooo you cant hide head items? Fashiondogma weeps

Now to spend another 2 hours creating my Pawn.

Girl pawn?
Try this stats, you can tweak it to your liking afterwards

head size 2
height: dead center
weight:first notch, 1 past zero
muscle:0 (will be the musculature for all of these)
bust: 3 (bust 3 will be the bust size for all of these)
torso:7
arms:9
legs:8

if you want a medium one (70 KG-to 90KG)

head size:3rd notch, 3 from zero
height: minus 2 from the max
weight:middle
torso:1
arms:4
legs:2

if you want thin medium

head size:same as other medium
height:same as other medium
weight as other medium
torso:7
arms:4
legs:1

if you want a large (90 KG)
head size:dead center of the bar
height: maxed
weight: middle
torso: 3
arms:6
legs:6

Or youtube examples are great "dragons dogma how to create trish from DMC" for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIgkev0_qjM
(from there you can tweak it)
mercedes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko9J1I_AQ68

Gbraga

Can someone please reupload the Dangan? It reached the limit on Google Drive or whatever and it says we have to wait to donwload it again
COmHQB2.png

Do you notice some kind of "lines" while playing? Is similar to tearing.

Yes, though not right away if I remember correctly.

There's a barber shop in Gran Soren that lets you change the voice of your character or main pawn for about 3,000 gold, I think. It's right off the fountain square, near the alehouse.
If that dosent work

try this

By the Riftstone in the Encampment (where your Main Pawn joins you), there's a merchant that will sell you various items in exchange for rift crystals. You can buy the Art of Metamorphosis for 5000 RC, which will allow you to re-customize your Arisen and Main Pawn ONCE and only once. He won't restock this, so make sure you're happy with your characters before accepting your changes. Once you've finished the main game, he'll sell the Secret of Metamorphosis for 10,000 RC, which can be used to customize your characters as many times as you'd like.

Once you've bought either of these, you can customize your characters by exiting out to the main menu.

Great, thank you.

Blitzhex

Can i force xbox controlls when using a ds4 with ds4windows? It's showing generic controllers that keep flickering.
Edit: It works flawlessly with bluetooth on ds4windows but not wired. Just switched to bluetooth.

Sure, no prob.
Code:
Face 10 +1 / Skin Lane 2 - 1
Eyes 31 +1 -1 +0 / Eyebrows 33 -1 -2
Nose 10 +0 +0 / Mouth 19 +2
Ears 1 +0 -1
Body 0 + 0 / Muscles +1 / Torso 1
Arms 7 / Legs 8 / Attitude +1 +1
Scars 32 / Age -1 / Pilosity 23
180.6 / 83.0
Should be this.

Great, thanks! Going to make my Arisen and Pawn look like myself and my SO, respectively. She told me she wants to be a Strider lol.

So it begins.

Fedemgsuy

What downsampling method are you guys using?, it seems that a custom resolution created in Nvidia control panel (2560x1440) wont work in Dark Arisen, the resolution can be seen (and set) in game, but theres no change, it stays at 1080p.

vg260

I'm doing more testing, and now I'm also running into major issues if I'm online. I did not run into this with earlier testing. I'll look into this over the weekend and see if I can figure something out. But there's a chance console to pc saves aren't stable unless you stay in offline mode.

Oh well, thanks for the effort, and hopefully it gets figured out. Worst case, I'll just start over and maybe find some mod tools to skip some of the early grinding.

Top Bottom