• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen trailers

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Meh so free fast travels now to any part of the map? =/ Don't like that. But other than its sounding good.

Where does it say that? All I see is "free unlimited Ferrystones". And Ferrystones were barely an issue to begin with. Portcrystals were the real impediment to fast traveling everywhere, and it doesn't say anything about giving you any of those.

thefil

Question: Is Dragon's Dogma more grind/loot oriented ala Monster Hunter, or progress-oriented like Dark Souls?

Either way, I like this new slow/methodical 3D combat genre.

Where does it say that? All I see is "free unlimited Ferrystones". And Ferrystones were barely an issue to begin with. Portcrystals were the real impediment to fast traveling everywhere, and it doesn't say anything about giving you any of those.

It does say "easier travel," but has been elaborated upon. One would assume an easier fast travel system.

emag

Question: Is Dragon's Dogma more grind/loot oriented ala Monster Hunter, or progress-oriented like Dark Souls?

Either way, I like this new slow/methodical 3D combat genre.

It's more awesome combat oriented like Devil May Cry. There's zero reason to grind and most of the world is open from the start.

ttk

I was actually going to pick up Dragon's Dogma after work today.
Bullet dodged! Might as well wait for this.
I'll buy Sleeping Dogs instead.

An-Det

Looks awesome, it's nice to see a meaty expansion these days, will be great to play the game and expansion together when I finally get the game. How does this work if you bought some dlc for the first game? Will it be compatible since this includes the original game with some changes, or are all the original dlc (like the From a Different Sky line) built into the release?

Shame about no expansion-only option though, that's a missed opportunity.

ironcreed

Banned
Japan has really taken the Western fantasy style and made it its own. Souls/Dogma taking it home.

Amen to this. The Japanese take on western themes is far more appealing to me than what comes out of the west. There is just this unmistakable vibe that I love.

ironcreed

Banned
Maybe it's just me, but I think $40.00 for the full game with a meaty expansion is a pretty good deal. A good way to get new people on board as well.

ironcreed

Banned
It absolutely is, but it leaves those of us that already own DD hanging. I'd rather not buy the game again for $40 just to access the expansion.

I hear you, I own it as well and think there should be an option to just download the content for say, $15.00. But I love this game so much that I don't care. I'll gladly buy it again just to support it and enjoy the new content.

Violater

It's different. The combat is less methodical and deliberate and much more fast paced and arcade-like and has a feature where you climb larger enemies. It's also more one large open world and less series of connected areas.
Ok thanks, I will look at some youtube vids to get a better idea.

AHA-Lambda

Well I've got £25 in my PSN wallet and haven't played the first game, plus this was recommended to me in another thread :)

Once again the lesson here is never buy a Capcom game day one

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Day 1, I sold my disc after completing it and miss it. I hope my save work fine with the DD version.

2San

I hear you, I own it as well and think there should be an option to just download the content for say, $15.00. But I love this game so much that I don't care. I'll gladly buy it again just to support it and enjoy the new content.
If the content really is as meaty as it seems. 15 dollars is low balling it.

Kade

From what I'm gathering, this is basically a relaunch of Dragon's Dogma in the same vein as the Prepare to Die/Artorias of The Abyss Edition of Dark Souls? I traded the game in a while ago and had a copy on hold at a local game store but now I think I might just wait for Dark Arisen if that's the case.

ironcreed

Banned
If the content really is as meaty as it seems. 15 dollars is low balling it.

Well, they are charging $40.00 for the full game and the expansion, so it makes sense. Probably more sense at $20.00. But whatever, I just cannot wait to play it.

From what I'm gathering, this is basically a relaunch of Dragon's Dogma in the same vein as the Prepare to Die/Artorias of The Abyss Edition of Dark Souls? I traded the game in a while ago and had a copy on hold at a local game store but now I think I might just wait for Dark Arisen if that's the case.

it is. just with more features.

Pooya

not sure if I understand, so Dark Arisen content are part of the regular story mode in Dragon's Dogma? just added to it? and not a separate mode?

sublimit

Banned
April 26: PlayStation 3 both disc and digital versions, with the digital version priced at €29.99/£19.99

I am confused. Does this mean that the DLC/expansion will be 30 euros or is the main game also included in this price?

If it's the later this means i'll have to pay a lot more for something that i already have (and paid in full price). And i won't.

Pookmunki

I'm annoyed that it sounds like there is no option for it to be DLC only but:

"For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game."

Why would they mention this if not? As if people would still play vanilla?

rockx4

I'm starting to think Dark Arisen is a stand alone expansion... no main game included.

Edit: Guess not "All of the content from the original Dragon’s Dogma plus…". So no dlc only purchase?

rockx4

It's kind of ridiculous if there's no expansion only dlc, and we're forced to buy this new "complete edition". I'll wait for a huge price drop if so.

sublimit

Banned
It's kind of ridiculous if there's no expansion only dlc, and we're forced to buy this new "complete edition". I'll wait for a huge price drop if so.

Same.
Which is awful since this was my GOTY. But i can't stand being treated as an idiot by greedy publishers. :(

Aww yeah! Sounds hot. I still wish they'd release a PC version but then I wouldn't be able to import my character. I'm just glad they're moving ahead with the franchise since it has a LOT of potential despite being flawed in a lot of places as well.

Raptomex

This is a complete edition. It's Dragon's Dogma plus Dark Arisen in one release. There is no separate Dark Arisen release.
Mind blown. I thought DA was going to be released as some form of digital download. Well I'm jumping all over this.

Decado

Somehow I got the impression that they are tweaking the whole campaign. Is this still the case? Any possibility for framerate/technical improvements etc.?

Top Bottom