• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma demo set for April 24th on PSN/XBL

Skilletor

The character creation will probably keep me occupied till the game's release... can't wait till next week. (I hope it's not a Gold / PS+ exclusivity)

Aren't all demos released on XBL exclusive to gold for the first week?

I don't know much about that quite honestly, I don't buy their fighting games and don't follow it all that much lol, it just seems to me they've been doing the same thing with fighting games for quite a while (since the 90s), and it seems to me people keeps buying them is all.

Well, it didn't do too well on NPD. Rejoice!

AdventChild

Neo Member
April, 24th??????????????????????????????

tumblr_lzx218LTxm1qgfylao1_250.gif

Sweet. Now I can finally judge how the AI characters are done. They're the worst part about the game that I've seen so far.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't know much about that quite honestly, I don't buy their fighting games and don't follow it all that much lol, it just seems to me they've been doing the same thing with fighting games for quite a while (since the 90s), and it seems to me people keeps buying them is all.

And you never stopped to think WHY people keep buying fighting games? Maybe, just MAYBE, they're not all the same game?

Ricker

Looking forward to it as well...the way the Pawns work out in the demo will influence my decision if I get this game or not...

Tex117

Banned
Im hoping this game is as good as it seems....

If they nail the atmosphere, difficulty, story, and the Paws thing...it could be incredibly epic.

Darknight

That video posted on the thread of this game was crazy!

I hope Vita gets a game like this some day but day1 this game. Not sure which version yet.

KorrZ

Wait, am I reading this wrong - or can you really only play as Fighter or Strider, no Mage? What the fuck Capcom.

smh.

KorrZ

It's two quests with premade characters to get a feel for how the game plays.

I really don't see why they couldn't just let you play the two quests with a character you make yourself with any of the starting classes, seems like a big oversight. I'm 100% mage I have no interest in being a strider or fighter.

LProtag

I really don't see why they couldn't just let you play the two quests with a character you make yourself with any of the starting classes, seems like a big oversight. I'm 100% mage I have no interest in being a strider or fighter.

Well one quest is the prologue quest, which you always play as a fighter. The other, I dunno. I'm pretty sure they don't want to let you get into customization and all of that in the demo, they probably have characters that have the 'proper' kind of skills for that quest in order to highlight the gameplay. The whole customization aspect of the game takes a lot of time and you wouldn't be able to explore it all in the demo.

No idea why they didn't include a mage demo as well, sorry man.

Top Bottom