• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Online revealed - PS3/PS4/PC, MMO-ish, F2P, 4-player parties

There's no actual details, it pretty much says "buy the magazine to find out more!"

It'll be a 18-page spread, for what it's worth.

GHG

Gold Member
If this is a remaster then day 1.

I got a couple of hours into DD on the PS3 but couldn't continue due to the framerate and IQ being so bad.

If it is just a remaster I wonder what the five headed dragon is.

New boss designed for co-op, one head for each player to deal with? :D

Welp. Maybe it'll be awesome.

Is this possibly Deep Down? Are they related at all? Do we even know?

Lol nah deep down I personally think is just an engine test hidden inside a game for them to get familiar with the Panty Raid engine. Looks awesome too. Best spell effects ever. Best looking Mimic ever

All I know is jumping on the back of a Griffin with friends sounds awesome

If it is just a remaster I wonder what the five headed dragon is.

New boss designed for co-op, one head for each player to deal with? :D

Oh god that sounds amaaaaazing. The translation doesn't spell out disaster just yet. Man, if this is a next gen remake with online, it's my game of forever.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Welp. Maybe it'll be awesome.

Is this possibly Deep Down? Are they related at all? Do we even know?

Anyone who has played Dragon's Dogma and has seen the gameplay footage of Deep Down should know that they are very different beneath the surface.

This sounds like a straight remaster with online play.

Corsick

I really, REALLY hope this is a remaster with coop added in. This is gigantic news if true. It's hard to keep my expectations in check now though, I'm crossing my fingers for confirmation.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, this was the big scoop Famitsu hinted at last week. I suppose PS4/One/PC will be the platforms.

Deep Down is a completely different game. :p

Lol nah deep down I personally think is just an engine test hidden inside a game for them to get familiar with the Panty Raid engine. Looks awesome too. Best spell effects ever. Best looking Mimic ever

All I know is jumping on the back of a Griffin with friends sounds awesome

Anyone who has played Dragon's Dogma and has seen the gameplay footage of Deep Down should know that they are very different beneath the surface.

This sounds like a straight remaster with online play.

I just remember hearing some rumors about that a few months ago. Glad to know that it's bogus.

A Dragon's Dogma remaster with online play sounds freaking amazing.

The broken translation make it looks to be a new title, not a remaster, unless I'm missing something.

So Dragons Dogma 2 which is online co-OP

IM FUCKING IN

Just please be what is in my head. Just ... Good OL dragons dogma with online co OP. It can be a new world or whatever .. Just don't fuck with the overall gameplay established in the original

If this is a remaster then day 1.

I got a couple of hours into DD on the PS3 but couldn't continue due to the framerate and IQ being so bad.

Yeah I have to admit, same happened to me, I'm not a big graphics whore and I can play old PS2 games without too much trouble, but DD does often look too bad in my eyes...but I'd be all over a PS4 remaster!

Pop

I'm down for anything dragon dogma related.

I would take the original with added online co-op only.

Interesting. I kind of figured that after I saw the bit about 17 pages, after I posted.

I highly doubt it's an MMO though, still.

Yeah, with Capcom as they are right now, I don't think they have enough cash to risk an MMO for a decently successful RPG franchise.

I'm surprised capcom of all companies would green light a game that didn't even break even.

PS4 exclusive in-coming @_@ ?

GorillaJu

All it says in the article is that details about the target hardware, online systems, multiplayer, etc. are revealed in the Famitsu article.

Could it be that Deep Down has been re-branded as Dragon's Dogma Online?

Deep Down's announcement was always odd to me when Dragon's Dogma was released before hand. It seemed redundant, especially with Dogma being so fantastic.

Perhaps it was rebranded, or maybe it'll still be a F2P alternative.

fedexpeon

Banned
Oh geez...Please don't be an MMO or a full co-op game or semi-MMO.
Now a day, anything with Online means awful to me.
You can expect stupid grinding like Destiny or F2P/P2W system.

Rootbeer

Banned
Even if it's an MMO, while I'd prefer an evolution of the pawn system from the first game, I'll still be all over this. Best combat system in an RPG in ages. Incredibly fun to play from start to finish, never got old for me.

Bring it on Capcom!

LesPaul

I would be fine with as remastered version of the original. I never have gotten to far into the game because there was so much else to play. I hope I will finish this one.

Top Bottom