• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Online revealed - PS3/PS4/PC, MMO-ish, F2P, 4-player parties

Lernaean

Banned
But Deep Down's gameplay looks fine so I don't know what you're talking about. The only concern with Deep Down is the F2P monetisation.

This isn't Deep Down anyway so I don't know why people bring it up.

Indeed. Deep Down's combat is fine, and one of the latest trailers, maybe even the last, that showed some faster combat was hype material.
If anything is bad about Deep Down is its FTP nature, but atm we don't know how they'll implement that either.

Castef

Banned
today's famitsu confirmed it

l_54c5c768ceb5466z7s.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201501/27070186.html

Players hunt in packs!

OMG! Finally something worth getting excited about! 18 pages!?! Dis gon b gud!

Dat logo is so sexy. Just imagining a next gen Drago's Dogma with online co-op:

ct0jV2H.jpg

Anybody who thinks Deep Down is/was Dragon's Dogma has either never played Dragon's Dogma, or had their memory wiped after playing it. Deep Down looks and plays NOTHING like a Dragon's Dogma game lol.

Anyways...FUCK YES. Capcom, please don't make me regret this massive amount of hype I just let enter my body.

I think most people who thought that thought it in worry rather than hope.

I doubt it will be an MMO, it just wouldn't fit the DD formula.

I hope its some kind of awesome mix between the original games pawn system and the souls series summoning system.

I think most people who thought that thought it in worry rather than hope.
I understand that. It still makes absolutely no sense.

So...can anybody tell me if this is an MMO or not? I really hope it's not.

It would be SWTOR all over again. :(

Ok, this is reading waaaay too far into a single phrase, but what I quoted before, 本格的なアクション, doesn't sound like an MMO to me either.

本格的 = the real deal
アクション = action

JNA

Banned
Ok, this is reading waaaay too far into a single phrase, but what I quoted before, 本格的なアクション, doesn't sound like an MMO to me either.

本格的 = the real deal
アクション = action

I hope you are right.

I hope. 0_0

Anteater

If there are 18 pages it must be kind of far into development right? Considering how many delays Deep Down has without much info, maybe DD online is the old games revamped, or they are reusing a lot of assets.

Anyway, hoping for the best and that it has a pc version. A few things I hope they fix:

- Add in better camera/controls for climbing
- Expand the moves and make them more multi purposes, maybe add manual lock on.
- Bigger world, more different enemy placements (or just randomize them)
- Allow you to walk on enemies
- Do something about those shitty mmo fetch quests, don't know what to suggest.
- More towns, maybe, however small they are, don't think it's too important but would make traveling more interesting.
- Maybe get rid of leveling and focus on equipment and skill progression, or just don't have 200 levels.
- Make it more of an action game than an RPG.

Guys, it's going to be a full blown new game for this gen with online co-op or a remaster of the original game with online.

I'm betting on it being a sequel. Either way, I think it's win win. I...I just have a really good feeling about this. GET HYPE!

L~A

Oh boy, Famitsu scans are already leaking from the looks of it. Welp.

PC、PS3、PS4, 2015.

impact

Banned
I'd much rather get Monster Hunter Online here, but I suppose I'd try this out as well. Having retarded AI pawns and no online really made no fucking sense in DD.

F2P could work so long as it's not dependent on the game system and is just stupid shit like cosmetics.

If that's the case, Day 1.

WITHE1982

Extremely happy with this. It may not exactly be what everyone has wished for but just having more DD with the same combat engine is enough for me.

Hopefully it's a big success for Capcom and we can at last see a fully fledged, and much deserved sequel at the end of it (or at least a DD remastered edition).

F2P isn't the greatest model but if done right it could be one of the biggest things this year.

Hype = rising

Mik317

This fucking better not be an mmo. As long as I can play by myself with pawns like to original, I'm cool..

But I doubt it.

raven777

Platform: PC/PS3/PS4
F2P
Director: Kinoshita Kento

-plays like Dragon's Dogma
-world/setting/story is all new
-4 player party max (has AI pawn)
-Has big updates planned
-up to 100 people in a lobby
-quick matching is available
-world will get bigger as seasonal updates come up (will be 3 times the original size after updates)
-Jobs include figher, hunter, priest, shield sage and more
-you can freely change your job and pawn's job
-character creation is more extensive
-Big monsters get "angry" status (stronger attacks)

F2P is ok as long as it is not fucking Dragon's Dogma 1 remade (platinumed Dark Arisen).

I want a new world, new adventures.

Who has seen the scans: please confirm it is not DD1 On-line.

Platform: PC/PS3/PS4
F2P
Director: Kinoshita Kento

-plays like Dragon's Dogma
-world/setting/story is all new
-4 player party max (has AI pawn)
-Has big updates planned
-up to 100 people in a lobby

Sounds fantastic with a ton of potential.

Not familiar with Kento I don't think? What's some other of his work?

Top Bottom