• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Online revealed - PS3/PS4/PC, MMO-ish, F2P, 4-player parties

Eolz

I like those details.
Honestly, the implications F2P might have on other systems (events, shop, implementation...) is the only problem left, even if it's a pretty big one.

I am surprised at the PC version too.

F2P and MMO-ish?

Crushed doesn't begin to describe how I'm feeling right now.

Goddamit. Why couldn't Capcom just give a proper sequel with co-op?

fucking bullshit

Fuck you Capcom.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Looks and sounds pretty awesome.

Highlight of the news is that no sign of Itsuno being heavily involved. That man is working on DMC5 for sure!

deleted

The only thing I don't like is that it will probably reuse the assets of the original DD so it won' look that great.

The original assets with a framerate it deserves and AA on PC will still look more than okay by todays standard. The game looked very good when it came out if I remember right.

duckroll

Sorry for any ignorance but have they said for a fact that this isn't what Deep Down turned into? Like others have said, its just too similar between the two.

Im just glad they are doing something with this IP, it deserves a second chance.

Deep Down is an online dungeon crawler with randomly generated dungeons and monsters. It is developed by Capcom Online Games and produced by Ono.

Dragon's Dogma Online is an online open world action game, with a quest system. It is developed by the Dragon's Dogma team, and produced by Kobayashi.

Not the same games.

GHG

Gold Member
F2P and MMO-ish?

fucking bullshit

Fuck ylu , Capcom.

Miles I told you man, accept your fate.

Its the only way.

Now that i'm more calm i think this might turn out good,even great depending on how Capcom handles microtransactions.
Dragon's Dogma was one of my favorite games ever so i really want this to turn out as a worthy sequel even if it's F2P.
Yeah, o can see it to be pretty fun game playing now and then at night with friends.
It all depends on the microtransactions.

bebop242

Deep Down is an online dungeon crawler with randomly generated dungeons and monsters. It is developed by Capcom Online Games and produced by Ono.

Dragon's Dogma Online is an online open world action game, with a quest system. It is developed by the Dragon's Dogma team, and produced by Kobayashi.

Not the same games.

Ok thanks for this.

F2P and MMO-ish?

fucking bullshit

Fuck ylu , Capcom.

Nothing MMO-ish about this gameplay wise

Gameplay wise it is Dragons Dogma.

There is just a town where players can gather and group up like a lobby.

Keasar

Well, that looks like Dragon's Dogma all right. I just hope Capcom does microtransactions properly.

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

impact

Banned
This actually sounds way better than Dragons Dogma DA. My group of buddies will give it a shot on PC for sure.

The game with friends instead of AI and 60fps instead of shit sounds incredible. Hopefully they don't fuck it up with the F2P!

Uthred

Not the new DD I wanted but it could be interesting, something like a fantasy Warframe perhaps, hopefully the follow a similar monetisation path, though as its a Japanese F2P game you can bet your arse there'll be some gacha bullshit in it, theyre endemic to Japanese F2P title.

SparkTR

F2P and MMO-ish?

fucking bullshit

Fuck ylu , Capcom.

Weren't they apparently shopping around DD2 at a convention a while back (E3?), if that's true this probably means nobody were buying and this was the best they could do for DD.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm just worried that they won't ever make another single player Dragon's Dogma after this.

So the only thing I'm not so cool with is the ps3/ps4 cross gen release. Even though I don't have a ps4 yet, I was looking forward to having a reason to pick one up.

Free to play is worrying as well, but if the main gameplay from dogma is back and expanded upon, I'm ok with some f2p monetization hooks.

Arklite

F2P and MMO-ish?

fucking bullshit

Fuck ylu , Capcom.

The combat, enemies, class system, and party system were the best part of DD. I don't see F2P botching those design pillars, so it could still be great.

Kyoufu

They also have Monster Hunter Frontier, which is a F2P action game. Expect pretty much all Capcom online games to be F2P, because selling it as a service model is something they prefer.

As it currently stands, MHF isn't F2P, although that could change in the future.

Edit: oh it was recently made F2P up til HR99.

duckroll

My main problem isn't the "F2P" part, it's the "Capcom + F2P".
But for now, I'll remain optimistic.

Yeah, to be honest, if they say it is F2P but with a paid subscription system, it would probably make people feel more secure about it. That's how bad Capcom's rep is these days. Lol.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Well, at least cross gen means it'll have a good framerate on PS4. Right guys?

...Right guys?

eFKac

I wonder why Sony isn't blocking the PC versions of the Capcom games if they indeed are more involved than just a producing role.

Percy

Banned
Hmm... would have preferred a sequel, but I'm prepared to give this a shot. Online multiplayer in DD is definitely an intriguing prospect... but it being crossgen is worrying. Ouch at Xbone seemingly getting the shaft on this one though.

Also... uh... whatever happened to Deep Down? lol

gembel

the dragon in the scan is so similar to deep down's dragon... i have a feeling they will cancel deep down.. maybe it was just a test game or something

Seyavesh

i cant wait to do this shit in 1080p at 60fps because it's on mt framework for sure and that engine is fucking magical

this is the dang resolution the original game was taking screenshots/running at(?)
think about that
GBIj5Mo.jpg

bTBOBgC.jpg

I want more dragon dogma ...but happy to see a proper game ;; but i'm unsure about the co-op focused aspect of the game.dragon dogma was a fine rpg where i could explore at my pace. I'm unsure whenever this will be intresting with friends. Hopefully, more weapons/moves/gear will be added.

F2P is a shame , but i can keep my expectation s in check. PS3 is a no. The performance issues were fine last gen , now it's time for a more stable framerate ( PC or PS4 )

Not the same games.

Thanks for this.

jiggle

i cant wait to do this shit in 1080p at 60fps because it's on mt framework for sure and that engine is fucking magical

this is the dang resolution the original game was taking screenshots/running at(?)
think about that
GBIj5Mo.jpg

bTBOBgC.jpg
This game is gonna be gorgeous in 1080p!!!

Character create has seen an upgrade. The number of sections and parts you can edit has been considerably increased.
Yes yes yes!
Loved the character create in DD

jfoul

After looking at some low quality scans, this looks to be using the same engine. This game was begging for better hardware and should look pretty good on PC/PS4. I'm fine with this game being F2P if it's handled correctly. I've spent a lot of time with WarFrame and that game is pretty damn good now, and I've maybe spent $20 total.

Vanity items for your pawn will probably be a big thing. Customizing your pawn to attract users was a big thing in the earlier games.

I may be OK with F2P... just because I don't know if I'd play this much. If there was a monthly subscription, I probably would try it a month, maybe a 2-3 if it was great, and unsubscribe... but if it's F2P, I could seen myself playing it casually for a long time, like a sort of on-the-side Diablo or something

I'd much rather have a retail purchase price and then free online than totally free with RMT DLC tho ;/

I guess it comes down to if it's something like, pay to pass lv30, pay to pass lv50... sort of like buying new content. Or, if it's 'pay to play 3 more hours', pay to buy more fuel -_-

Zaventem

All the poeple being scared if it having online in the title were right. Capcom has never made a good FTP game, it's all over.

Top Bottom