• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 - 1st Promotion Video Trailer

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Went and voted for Kaine. In the question section asked if any plans for a PSN version of DOD 1 & 2 lol

Gbraga

ib2y5utSOF1iVD.gif

Please someone bring it to the US. I need this inside me

Groof

Graphics look sort of alright in that tiny ass window. Gameplay looks deliciously horrible and screen teary.
And I will enjoy every minute of it.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow trailer looked pretty good, actually

music was very nier-like, zero is just two steps away from being outright kaine in a parallel universe, mysterious shadow language symbols, and a whole lot of drakengard grotesque nonsense....

I'm hyped

raven777

the graphics look a lot better than what I expected from looking at the screenshots...

Man I wasn't expecting that Dragon voice.

spats

This looks cool. I wish Sony would put up the first two Drakengard games on PSN - I really want to play them.

edit: Keiichi Okabe is on board, Nier has the best OST of the generation in my opinion. What are the chances of this being localized?

Terra_Ex

Looks improved from the previous screens that were released. Not hopeful for a localisation with SE's recent antics tho.

StuBurns

Banned
The ship bit has screen tear, and runs at like ten frames per second, and is unbelievably bad looking.

That aside, it looks fine, the CG is nice too. I hope to play it.

dramatis

It seems faintly interesting story-wise. I really wise Square would stop making Flash sites though, and also stop that "novel" nonsense where they put additional story online.

Looks improved from the previous screens that were released. Not hopeful for a localisation with SE's recent antics tho.

Previous screens looked pretty bad probably because it's static though. You don't have the time looking at texture details when it's actually moving.

It's on PS3, I say we will get this.
BELIEVE

Well, it definitely looks better than it did in the earlier screenshots (which looked like a PSP game). Now it looks more like an upscaled PS2 games in the gameplay segments. :p The characters look nice in the cutscenes, though!

So as someone who has never played the original games, will I be able to play and understand this? Do we know if it is a standalone story? I loved Nier, so I'm very interested in this game.

PirateKing

Well, it definitely looks better than it did in the earlier screenshots (which looked like a PSP game). Now it looks more like an upscaled PS2 games in the gameplay segments. :p The characters look nice in the cutscenes, though!

So as someone who has never played the original games, will I be able to play and understand this? Do we know if it is a standalone story? I loved Nier, so I'm very interested in this game.

I don't think so. Rumors are that this is a prequel to the first game and if that's the case then no but you'd be missing on a bizarrely amazing story and events of the first Drakengard. The gameplay can be a pain especially the camera but once you get a dragon to ride, it feels much better. The second game was alright but it lost it's ''charm'' of the first game although the gameplay was much better.

Evilisk

Doesn't look as bad as before (though the dragon attacking the ship looked really rough). Not that it matters, I'm definitely getting this if it gets localized.

Shadow780

Too much talking, one of the best thing about the first game is that the main character does not ramble shit and his dragon is an awesome sarcastic bitch.

Also, need giant cannibalistic babies.

oni_saru

So beautiful!! I am so hyped for this game. Omg Dod3!! DoD3!!!! I never dreamed this would have ever happened.

Lol at the dragon's voice though xD

Also Manah looking lady, what if that's actually Seere and Manah's mom :O

She becomes human and gives birth to the twins!! This is a prequel so maybe that's one way it'll tie together.

CamHostage

I don't like that draw distance and chugging (but maybe that was YT?) in th dragon sequence, but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with what the graphics ended up being. Very smooth, fairly stylish (and I like how the low texturing mixed with bloom with like those laser-eye characters looked like old Gouraud shading effects.) Clearly a budge work, but the effort went into the charm over the technical factor.

Trailer got me feeling all tingly. This needs to be localized...

How do you people know the young voice belongs to Zero's dragon? All I could understand were things like "are you okay, Zero" and stuff like that... For some reason I assumed it was One (the Manah look-a-like) talking.

EDIT: Well I rewatched the trailer and judging by the editing yeah, I guess that's the dragon's voice. Heh!

This looks cool. I wish Sony would put up the first two Drakengard games on PSN - I really want to play them.

edit: Keiichi Okabe is on board, Nier has the best OST of the generation in my opinion. What are the chances of this being localized?

Would totally buy if they localize this, I really hope they do. Zero and her dragon looked pretty awesome in the trailer. That shot at the end with her standing there after the battle and the dragon joining her was badass.

Please translate this S-E.

Went and voted for Kaine. In the question section asked if any plans for a PSN version of DOD 1 & 2 lol

Yeah, that would work quite well.

Baust

This looks great! Loving the intentional voice mismatch with Mikhail.

While I'm hoping for a localization, I still think chances of one are slim.

Top Bottom