• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama at Kotaku

Fuck Kotaku

Fuck Kotaku :messenger_beermugs:

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Rin_Chan

Neo Member
Is it about that?

We also learned on Monday that G/O Media's editorial director sent a memo to Deadspin's employees imploring them to "stick to sports."
lmao, maybe Kotaku should've stuck to games?

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Imagine having to stick to the topic of the website you work for. The tragedy! The affront!

How can we stand those evil corporates demanding I write about video games (whatever game I care for, no matter how niche, regardless of whether if it'll get 20 views or 20 million), and do not permit me to use the website as my personal sandbox blog! How can I live without sharing with the world my absolutely poignant insight about kittens?!

What a hill to die on. :messenger_smirking:

Really could not give any less of a fuck about Kotaku. They've been deeply rooted in left wing bias politics and they've been dragging it into gaming for a long time. One of my favourite quotes:

Deciding what that means through narrative is something else altogether, and where the tropes of the post-apocalypse become most grating. In Days Gone, Deacon St. John has done horrible things, and so has everyone else. Deacon and his cohorts would like things to not be this way, but they are, and them’s the breaks. And it is tiresome. It is exhausting to watch another gruff white dude experience the extremes of humanity brought about by disaster, to be torn between pure, reliable self-interest and the fragile strength of community, as if those are the only two ways to be.

Missed out on a great game.

They changed with the site redesign a good few years ago now but they just seemed like the inspiration for the events that led to former GAF being a breeding ground for PC Liberal machines that were here to discuss political ideologies in games. Seemed a lot of the time that they didn't really play games.

NickFire

Is it about that?

When clicking through the tweets I saw this come up a lot. I am rolling with laughter at it. Downright hysterical that someone drank enough of the kool aid to publicly shame their employer on the websites it owns, and then expect no blow back because of a CBA. Even funnier that someone thinks the owners don't have the right to order a site to focus on something specific. Even funnier than that are the people claiming the owners are making a huge mistake because sports stories don't get the clicks that hot political potatoes get. I guess its hard to accept that the reason it looks like their politics hot takes are doing so well, is because they are turning off the silent majority who want nothing to do with that crap.

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
Some of them have me blocked on Twitter, so here's a screengrab by @ReeraTakes for some more corroboration that all of their writing staff have been sacked.

EIEYIOhWsAEyCG8

They seem determined to get fired or to quit if they feel the business side is interfering with their content going forward but what they wrote there is too ambiguous to conclude they’ve all been sacked?

Top Bottom