• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

jaysius

Banned
I wonder of his viewcount what percentage was bots. I also wonder if Youtube is savvy to bot viewcount pumping.

Dude makes some killer tracks though, Red Skies (y)(y)

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
You know what was pretty funny was when he started showing his old promo video that he'd play on Twitch, and when it got to the twitch part, it just cut to him fake running in front of the green screen. Then it shifts into a pretty bad ass video. His production quality is really crazy for a random guy in his basement.

VN1X

Banned
So glad he's all up in that ROCO business. I sound like a broken record but it's one of my favourite competitive games in recent years and I hope it thrives going forward. Some exposure by Doc will certainly help a long way I reckon! :messenger_ok:

Stuart360

He annoyed me a bit when he was talking about streaming less I didnt catch the full convo so he could of been on about something specific, but he's not streaming today, and his 2 comback streams were 3 hours long.:messenger_sad_relieved:

night13x

esLE4oT.jpg

Portugeezer

Hoeg Law on YouTube makes some sense: Twitch didn't value the contract after Mixer went bust and shroud/Ninja were free. DrD image is too toxicie masculinitie for them and they already got their hands on shroud now.

Over the years there were probably enough reasons to ban the DrD, so they just did to get out of the contract. No communication because no balls, intimidated by the doc to even send him an email lul.

That's my theory I'm sticking with it.

CitizenX

Banned
That amount of donations he gets is crazy

I watched basically a full hour the other day, first time ever watching someone stream and while entertaining, the ridiculous(are they real?) donations were just retarded, no other way to say it. Doesnt he and others who are multi millionaires have an obligation to cap their donations? I mean im all for freedom to fck yourself but i REALLY would like to dig into these people offering hundreds of dollars to a streamer? makes no sense. Its your right but hasnt it been proven a lot of these people are young kids with mom and dads credit card and people with mental issues? Do you now ANYONE who would thow hundreds at a streamer, please speak up i want to know its because its become as interesting as a serial killer.

TrainedRage

Banned
I watched basically a full hour the other day, first time ever watching someone stream and while entertaining, the ridiculous(are they real?) donations were just retarded, no other way to say it. Doesnt he and others who are multi millionaires have an obligation to cap their donations? I mean im all for freedom to fck yourself but i REALLY would like to dig into these people offering hundreds of dollars to a streamer? makes no sense. Its your right but hasnt it been proven a lot of these people are young kids with mom and dads credit card and people with mental issues? Do you now ANYONE who would thow hundreds at a streamer, please speak up i want to know its because its become as interesting as a serial killer.
Smart people will know how to write off donations more than $100, if he donates that money to charity then its a done deal and you will get that money back in tax rebates.

Tesseract

Banned
people are free to support whatever and whomever they want

you shouldn't make assumptions about such things without accompanying data

I believe a lot of the big ones get a “charge back” later which is why a lot of twitch streamers prefer bits donations, but for the other part I can’t tell anybody how to spend their money. I sub to a couple streamers but have rarely ever donated.

If I ever won a shit ton of money I would love to go into small streamers streams and just drop a big donation.

Last edited:

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Welcome to Twitch.

jaysius

Banned

It's possible that some top streamers getting top donations are avertently/inadvertently involved in some sort of money laundering.

CitizenX

Banned
people are free to support whatever and whomever they want

you shouldn't make assumptions about such things without accompanying data

Hey im all for whatever anyone wants to do, but seriously you can not be in the right mind to offer someone who is an simply an entertainer and does not know you $1,000. Heck i used to cringe when paying $100(one ticket) to see a David Copperfield, Seinfeld, Carlin for a show.

CitizenX

Banned
It's possible that some top streamers getting top donations are avertently/inadvertently involved in some sort of money laundering.

Its totally a scam IMO that a lot of the donations are done by "associates" but damn, its disturbing. Almost feel bad for that stripper i gave a $1(she put in some work)....almost.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Inadvertently? Lol

twitch likely takes way too big of a cut for anyone to use this method for money laundering, not to mention the streamer would take a cut. You’d be better off submitting paid apps to the Windows store they take like 5-15% and don’t vet anything.

And you can’t inadvertently be involved in it lol

Keihart

The only part that worries me about twitch banning Dr. Disrespect is that they somehow come for Aris at some point...at least Aris keeps it low profile shooting every front pager that miss behaves.
Inadvertently? Lol

twitch likely takes way too big of a cut for anyone to use this method for money laundering, not to mention the streamer would take a cut. You’d be better off submitting paid apps to the Windows store they take like 5-15% and don’t vet anything.
As i understand donations go directly to the streamer, you can even tip the transaction fee so the streamer get's the whole tip you wanted to donate and it's done through an external website. Subs and stuff go through twitch tho.

edit:
avoidingthepuddle is 10 times better then the doc, but that is just me.
Aris doesn't even run ads, thanks every donation and can't be any funnier, you can't make up the shit that happens in Aris streams and it's the most low effort stream with a shitty webcam that it's like 10 years old and no fancy overlays. The improv scripts tho, are gold, dude plays the chat like a fiddle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom