• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

LENCH187

Yeah some of the donations that these guys get are crazy. Im all for supporting your favourite content creators, but you can do that just by watching and taking part in chat.. or even a subscription... but to just throw money at them is nuts. Donate it to an animal shelter instead, pay for some old lady's groceries at the strore... anything that makes a difference to someone elses day in a meaningful way instead of anonymously stuffing cash into the pockets of strangers

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah some of the donations that these guys get are crazy. Im all for supporting your favourite content creators, but you can do that just by watching and taking part in chat.. or even a subscription... but to just throw money at them is nuts. Donate it to an animal shelter instead, pay for some old lady's groceries at the strore... anything that makes a difference to someone elses day in a meaningful way instead of anonymously stuffing cash into the pockets of strangers
We both think it's stupid to give a streamer hundreds of dollars, but this line of logic goes nowhere. Is it only when people spend their extra money donating to videogame streamers? Or do we apply it to everything?

It's also stupid to spend $200 on Air Jordans, $400 on a Kanye sleeveless shirt, ect. Imagine going around telling everyone who spends their money superfluously that they should have given it to an animal shelter.

Do you drive a nice car? Should have gotten a 15 year old Honda Civic and gave the rest to an old lady for her groceries. Do you ever buy the name brand Mac and Cheese instead of the store brand? You could have saved that up for years and handed it over to a homeless foundation.

Kadayi

Banned

Actually watched this live (heatwave in the UK atm made any attempt at actual gaming unbearable) . Was pretty funny. Gotta hand it to the Doc though, knew absolutely nothing about the game going in, and essentially came close to winning after about 45 minutes and then won probably half an hour later. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Quixz

Actually watched this live (heatwave in the UK atm made any attempt at actual gaming unbearable). Was pretty funny. Gotta hand it to the Doc though, knew absolutely nothing about the game going in, and essentially came close to winning after about 45 minutes and then won probably half an hour later. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I was convinced he would quit after a few bad rounds but the 2X kept going and got the W.

CitizenX

Banned

Actually watched this live (heatwave in the UK atm made any attempt at actual gaming unbearable) . Was pretty funny. Gotta hand it to the Doc though, knew absolutely nothing about the game going in, and essentially came close to winning after about 45 minutes and then won probably half an hour later. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

So i am really new to this streaming bit but since he is on YT makes it easier to catch. So to someone new like me what sets him apart(besides the character) is this feels like an actual produced show. This isnt a guy sitting in his basement with a camera and just playing a game. And the show was pretty funny, but fck me the donations. I know a lot of it are 'plants', but still sad knowing people are giving $$$ to millionaire when people in their family or around their community could use a few $$$.

jaysius

Banned
That track that Doc gave us a preview of would have been incredible without the voice work, I hope they release just the instrumental version. I love Dances with the Dead, does anyone know any other bands as high quality as them? I'm not a huge fan of Carpenter Brut.

Kadayi

Banned
That went better than expected. Honestly they're such different personalities it was a bit oil and water, but I'd like to see them play again but maybe not as competition. Getting there was fucking hilarious though with the whole Discord thing...goddamn it, they needed to sort that shit beforehand.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
not great not terrible, fall guys is meh but playing with pdp kinda makes up for it

be nice if doc returned to shooters like apex or warzone, seems he's burnt and wanting for something different

only other games in town are hyper scape and halo 3, maybe he'll give those a shot next week

ggs

INC

Too soon?

FRNwDcz.png

Reactions: MrS

Jooxed

Gold Member
not great not terrible, fall guys is meh but playing with pdp kinda makes up for it

be nice if doc returned to shooters like apex or warzone, seems he's burnt and wanting for something different

only other games in town are hyper scape and halo 3, maybe he'll give those a shot next week

ggs

I actually never watched doc before. I’m enjoying these streams. It’s piqued my interest in hints. Hilarious when he freaks out on fall guys when he loses.

Grinchy

Banned
lol it's ridiculous how long it takes these 2 guys to link up and be on voice chat together

I feel like even my 70 year old dad could have figured it out faster

Kadayi

Banned
lol it's ridiculous how long it takes these 2 guys to link up and be on voice chat together

Your 70 year old dad probably wouldn't have had dozens of people changing their names to his though when the Doc was trying to add him 🤔

Still now they've done it, that pain is over with in the event they do another match up

VN1X

Banned

I don't know if it's Discord's UI or just people being thick but I have a friend who I've had to explain multiple times, when joining a new official server, that he needs to read the FAQ or welcome message and assign himself a role by clicking one of the emoji's. It's a bit awkward and annoying sure but I swear half these cunts don't even read.

"I CAN'T SEE YOU!" Yeah that's because the server you've just joined isn't even open to you yet lol.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Very awkward last night with the whole Pewdiepie thing lol.
Oh and another 3.5 hour stream, with about 1 hour of gameplay. I really feel this reduced streaming decision is going to hurt the Doc in the long run. He;'s already been gettinga few sarcastic donations over it.

Grinchy

Banned
It actually got really fun when they started playing and shit talking each other. They have some chemistry. It didn't seem that way at first but they warmed up to each other.

Pewdiepie really seemed to be "big-timing" Doc, though. Agreeing to be on but then showing up over an hour late. Total diva move. Wanted to show Doc who is in the power position.

Last edited:

notseqi

Donate it to an animal shelter instead, pay for some old lady's groceries at the strore... anything that makes a difference to someone elses day in a meaningful way instead of anonymously stuffing cash into the pockets of strangers
Where do animal shelters stream?

People will spend their money how they see fit, I believe the people that are able to throw a hundred bucks to a streamer are able and willing to spend on charity aswell.

Banned
Pewdiepie really seemed to be "big-timing" Doc, though. Agreeing to be on but then showing up over an hour late. Total diva move. Wanted to show Doc who is in the power position.

nah he's always like that, if he is supposed to be part of a stream he usually is late, or he drops out early n shit.
I remember how he was supposed to be part of those Minecraft tournaments that were happening a year ago or so, and then dropped out after only an hour or so because he assumed the whole tournament wouldn't take longer than that and he had to walk his dogs or something.

what I'm basically saying is, no streamer should count on PewDiePie to actually show up on time or stay the whole event if there is one.
he's unreliable as fuck as it seem.

Last edited:

CitizenX

Banned
Very awkward last night with the whole Pewdiepie thing lol.
Oh and another 3.5 hour stream, with about 1 hour of gameplay. I really feel this reduced streaming decision is going to hurt the Doc in the long run. He;'s already been gettinga few sarcastic donations over it.

Doesnt matter he has a guaranteed contract. Wasnt PDPs to stream 4 hrs a day or somthing to that extent.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
So i am really new to this streaming bit but since he is on YT makes it easier to catch. So to someone new like me what sets him apart(besides the character) is this feels like an actual produced show. This isnt a guy sitting in his basement with a camera and just playing a game. And the show was pretty funny, but fck me the donations. I know a lot of it are 'plants', but still sad knowing people are giving $$$ to millionaire when people in their family or around their community could use a few $$$.
It's a similar situation as with "traditional" comedians and entertainers. People pay them money to be entertained even though the best entertainers are often already rich. If they stopped making money they would simply stop entertaining people. At least with streaming you get a choice, you don't have to pay for the show not knowing if you'll like the enterainer or not.

Last edited:

acm2000

Rogue company looks janky, only reason he is pushing it is because he's been paid to play it, the whole map thing is all part of the deal and pr.

ThankeeSai

Hey guys, I have an Xbox code for Rogue Company for anyone that might want it?

Got it from a Twitch drop, all my friends who have any interest in this already have it, so i have no use for it as I already have it myself.

Anyway, let me know if you want it and I'll drop you a PM.

Top Bottom