• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Grinchy

Banned
It would be awesome if a group of huge streamers put together their own streaming platform. I have no idea if it'd work, but if it did, I'd use it over Twitch. Twitch has too many vague rules. They can just ban anyone who doesn't conform to whatever today's Twitter purity test happens to be.

Imagine a streaming platform where these people could actually say what they're really thinking, make fun of titty streamers, ect.

Stuart360

So if this Brime theory is true, do you think he will be streaming tomorrow when it goes live?. I'm sure Brime would certainly want that themsleves, but surely this could take a while when contracts and legal stuff are in play here.

It would be awesome if a group of huge streamers put together their own streaming platform. I have no idea if it'd work, but if it did, I'd use it over Twitch. Twitch has too many vague rules. They can just ban anyone who doesn't conform to whatever today's Twitter purity test happens to be.

Imagine a streaming platform where these people could actually say what they're really thinking, make fun of titty streamers, ect.

As long as cancel culture still exists and as long as streamers care what the Twitter mobs say, nothing will change with a new platform.

Skyr

So if this Brime theory is true, do you think he will be streaming tomorrow when it goes live?. I'm sure Brime would certainly want that themsleves, but surely this could take a while when contracts and legal stuff are in play here.
I think it will prolly be announced but he will take some time off before jumping back in.
His bathroom gate ban was almost exactly a year ago and he used that time off to go on vacation. After he was back his numbers were insane and he had a huge spike in popularity. Same happened back then with the other incident.
Taking some time off and building hype for a comeback is a strategy that has proven to pay off for him.

Last edited:

Banned
Ninja is not streaming since the Mixer downfall... neither is Shroud.
even tho Ninja played in a Valorant tournament just 2 days ago. so he's not taking a break or something. he's grinding Valorant (seems like he might try to become a pro in it).

waiting for this new site to drop makes more and more sense... but I'm not fully convinced yet.

Stuart360

I think it will prolly be announced but he will take some time off before jumping back in.
His bathroom gate ban was almost exactly a year ago and he used that time off to go on vacation. After he was back his numbers were insane and he had a huge spike in popularity. Same happened back then with the other incident.
Taking some time off and building hype for a comeback is a strategy that has proven to pay off for him.
He just went on a mini break last week, or the week before. The way Twitch has erased him from existence, it would be a bit annoying if he couldnt stream because of legal stuff.

ultrazilla

Brime sounds like Brine Shrimp man. C'mon. They gotta get a better name then "Brime" :messenger_poop:

1200px-Artemia_salina_4.jpg

How about DNS. Dr, Ninja and Shroud. :messenger_sunglasses::lollipop_sunglasses::messenger_fire:

Nydus

Gold Member
I think the argument Linus made is pretty reasonable: why going with brime (or any other new platform) if it's clearly not working at the moment. Mixer just died. Why would brime be any better?? Facebook gaming is also a brand you really don't want to align right now. Only thing left would be YouTube gaming and they don't throw out contracts like mixer did.

And since mixer died even with the fuck you money of M$, why would they (or any other streaming service for that matter)? Just imagine what cool shit mixer could have build if they didn't burn that money with ninja, shroud etc. Like getting a good name for their service or something like that.

iconmaster

Banned
Starting a competing service would definitely explain Twitch’s eagerness to scrub him from the system. I’d do the same thing – assuming it’s true.

Stuart360

I think the argument Linus made is pretty reasonable: why going with brime (or any other new platform) if it's clearly not working at the moment. Mixer just died. Why would brime be any better?? Facebook gaming is also a brand you really don't want to align right now. Only thing left would be YouTube gaming and they don't throw out contracts like mixer did.

And since mixer died even with the fuck you money of M$, why would they (or any other streaming service for that matter)? Just imagine what cool shit mixer could have build if they didn't burn that money with ninja, shroud etc. Like getting a good name for their service or something like that.
Well maybe Ninja and Shroud simply dont want to go back to Twitch. They both got a lot of shit thrown at them from their fanbases when they left Twitch. Shroud was still taking subs on his last Twitch stream, even though he was leaving. I'm sure some streamers wouldnt want to go back to a potential backlash. And Doc is big friends with Shroud, maybe a fresh start on a new site is what he wants. The thing with Mixer is that it was already yeras old, and already struggling. Brime is brand new, has the money behind it, and maybe they simply offered an amouint of money that was simply too much to turn down.

Nydus

Gold Member
they absolutely do. there were multiple streamers that left Twitch for YouTube due to exclusivity deals
But not like multimillion dollar contracts like mixer I thought? I mean the doc is not cheap.
Well maybe Ninja and Shroud simply dont want to go back to Twitch. They both got a lot of shit thrown at them from their fanbases when they left Twitch. Shroud was still taking subs on his last Twitch stream, even though he was leaving. I'm sure some streamers wouldnt want to go back to a potential backlash. And Doc is big friends with Shroud, maybe a fresh start on a new site is what he wants. The thing with Mixer is that it was already yeras old, and already struggling. Brime is brand new, has the money behind it, and maybe they simply offered an amouint of money that was simply too much to turn down.
Realistically those dudes are set for life. They are stinking rich and if they wanted wouldn't have to stream a single second for the rest of their lives. So maybe it's not primarily for the money? Also if brime tries the same tactic as mixer they are just dumb. But I'm no CEO, so maybe they got a plan (lol)

lol, well if it is Brime or a competing platform Twitch just gave them a whole lot of media coverage the way they just shafted Doc. With all the dumb bans and other sjw shenanigans they've been pulling lately Twitch doesn't have nearly as much goodwill as Doc does. Let alone if Ninja and Shroud are indeed tagging along. All in all, so far this seems like a net negative for Twitch and a net positive for a potential new platform, if that is indeed what is going on and not something else.

Rikoi

lol, well if it is Brime or a competing platform Twitch just gave them a whole lot of media coverage the way they just shafted Doc. With all the dumb bans and other sjw shenanigans they've been pulling lately Twitch doesn't have nearly as much goodwill as Doc does. Let alone if Ninja and Shroud are indeed tagging along. All in all, so far this seems like a net negative for Twitch and a net positive for a potential new platform, if that is indeed what is going on and not something else.
That's what I was thinking. They created so much word of mouth with this ban that they are basically acting like a free advertisement for the new platform lol

Talks about something BIG happening tomorrow that he was invited to be a part of that has something to do with streamers...

Seemed like he saved talking about it for the end of the stream in case he got in trouble with Twitch...

Sounds like a new platform announcement to me.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I can understand people not liking Doc. I don't really even watch him (but more because I don't really watch the multiplayer shooter stuff on twitch).

But you can't take away how much he puts into that stream. All the cutaways and production values weren't really seen much on Twitch before he started doing it. And he built up this insane fantasy world where he sits atop a giant tower with a fully stocked gym, concert hall, ect. And he does all of this while playing online shooters, which for most of us, would consume all of our concentration in the moment.

nush

Gold Member
Seemed like most people out there had their mind made up of whether he was guilty in his #MeToo moment and it has nothing to do with that. Like I said earlier in the thread, this is going to be AMAZING to study for future cases.

I've got the quotes bookmarked and the chiller full of crow, people be eating good this week BOI!

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I can understand people not liking Doc. I don't really even watch him (but more because I don't really watch the multiplayer shooter stuff on twitch).

But you can't take away how much he puts into that stream. All the cutaways and production values weren't really seen much on Twitch before he started doing it. And he built up this insane fantasy world where he sits atop a giant tower with a fully stocked gym, concert hall, ect. And he does all of this while playing online shooters, which for most of us, would consume all of our concentration in the moment.

Yeah that sums up how I feel about Doc. I rarely watch him but I appreciate the production values and the dedication to the character in his streams.

Rikoi

Translation to English please.
People were assuming they were hiring DrD, Ninja and Shroud because their Brime account is following them, so he said "don't rely on follows", but they can't confirm any rumor.

They also said they don't belong to any big of the industry, I guess that includes Amazon too? And why would Amazon launch another streaming service? Makes no sense since they got twitch.
It's still unclear who is behind these guys, and why they think they got a chance if Microsoft failed.

Stuart360

People were assuming they were hiring DrD, Ninja and Shroud because their Brime account is following them, so he said "don't rely on follows", but they can't confirm any rumor.

They also said they don't belong to any big of the industry, I guess that includes Amazon too? And why would Amazon launch another streaming service? Makes no sense since they got twitch.
It's still unclear who is behind these guys, and why they think they got a chance if Microsoft failed.
Well the latest rumour i just saw on Reddit is that Brime has actually been set up by Doc, Ninja, and Shroud, with their own money.
I dont know, i'm starting to think Brime doesnt even exist.

Rikoi

I dont know, i'm starting to think Brime doesnt even exist.
I think that might be the case. The key word in their twitter account is "code name - Brime" so if we take the "code name" part, Brime might be just a placeholder to hype something else.

Top Bottom