• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Banned
Can anyone who watch him a lot tell if his last moments on the stream were fairly reliable or kinda fake'y?

I'll quote myself from a few days ago:

he didn't. the whole thing was out of context.
the last words on stream "we will get through this" was regarding Call of Duty and the current state of gaming.
he often goes on rants about how there are no good games to play at the moment, and that he waits for a good game to finally release so he can stop playing the current shit.

this is all more or less in character shittalking of course. he also had a really bad day apparently, losing a lot and getting no wins. so he had a really bad streak

then people told him he should look up some Roblox gameplay on youtube.

as for the "SHIT!" at the end, that's a very typical Doc thing. watch his reaction to Shroud getting payed out 10m dollars for 8 months of work.
literally in the exact same tone he shouts "FUCK!" followed by a comedic cut away

At first i was like WTF. Now i just dont care anymore.

Im sure that this is Twitch trying to back out of the contract now that MS arent throwing money around anymore. Sucks for him though.

Last edited:

baphomet

At first i was like WTF. Now i just dont care anymore.

Im sure that this is Twitch trying to back out of the contract now that MS arent throwing money around anymore. Sucks for him though.

They can't break a contract just because they don't want to pay it anymore.

Did twitch ever say he was banned? Curious if he is just buying out of his contract

yes he's banned. what reason would've have for buying out his contract? it would literally be paying money in order to not make money.

Last edited:
They can't break a contract just because they don't want to pay it anymore.

yes he's banned. what reason would've have for buying out his contract? it would literally be paying money in order to not make money.
Nah he's fee from Twitch, but getting the money anyways.
Because they can ban him, but not pay for some changed TOS after the contract was already singed, that are not in any way or form criminally or conduct that make the company look bad, will not hold up in court.

So he's getting paid two times now.

Flintty

Nah he's fee from Twitch, but getting the money anyways.
Because they can ban him, but not pay for some changed TOS after the contract was already singed, that are not in any way or form criminally or conduct that make the company look bad, will not hold up in court.

So he's getting paid two times now.
If he’s banned for TOS violations you can bet your arse there’s some small print to say his contract is null and void if he’s banned for said reasons. These guys aren’t that stupid, surely.

If he’s banned for TOS violations you can bet your arse there’s some small print to say his contract is null and void if he’s banned for said reasons. These guys aren’t that stupid, surely.

And DR Disrespect is stupid?
Also it does not matter what c contract says if it violates laws.

Twitch is in breach of contract for not providing him a platform to stream on.
If whatever he did is a valid reason for them to nullify the contract remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Fret Runner

gOkqxUk.gif

Flintty

And DR Disrespect is stupid?
Also it does not matter what c contract says if it violates laws.

Twitch is in breach of contract for not providing him a platform to stream on.
If whatever he did is a valid reason for them to nullify the contract remains to be seen.

Nah, I’m not seeing it mate. Twitch can write whatever legal terms they want in the contract. What makes you think their contract is violating law?

TheContact

I didn't really like Doc's whole schtick but I have a lot of respect and admiration for the character he created and the content he created. I watched his last stream but I have no context for it, people were saying it was kind of odd the way he ended it, but others said that was typical of him. Doc is seemingly in the dark too about why he was banned. There are rumors going around which I give no credit to but people are saying he either sexually assaulted someone or was in the workings of starting his own streaming service with ninja and shroud. Both sounds like BS to me. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out. The timing of it makes it seem like it's some kind of sexual assault thing though, but the silence is weird all around.

INC

i think what we have learned from all this (if we didnt know already) is that majority of people on twitch are dumpster people and would be working at fast food (at best) without this platform

By proxy you have to be narcissistic, theres a few that seem pretty down to earth tho, tolerable if you like

Top Bottom