• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect wants $100k NFT's in game, calling people "brain dead" if you do not agree

wolffy71

Banned
A lot less cheating on console.

Idk one hand the idea that you could trade skins and collectable for whatever YOU wanted to sounds great but there seems like it can't just be that simple. There had to be some way for devs to work in there slice of the pie.

That kind of ruins the concept. But if it was simply, whatever collectables you find are yours, it would be cool. But the game still needs to stand 100% on its own.

treemk

Banned
Need to just set rarity and let the price adjust accordingly, not every game gets to be Counter Strike. The cool thing about NFTs is that you could cash out on the game and get your money back. When every game now has their own fake currency that you can buy and never recovery anything back its absolutely brain dead that you guys think NFTs are a bad thing. NFTs have a bad rap now because of how over hyped and over priced the initial wave was. It's simply a technology for digital ownership that gives more rights to the user than anything that came before it.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

These twitch millionaires that want to expand beyond their very narrow lanes are about to hit the wall of reality.

MMaRsu

Banned
A lot less cheating on console.

Idk one hand the idea that you could trade skins and collectable for whatever YOU wanted to sounds great but there seems like it can't just be that simple. There had to be some way for devs to work in there slice of the pie.

That kind of ruins the concept. But if it was simply, whatever collectables you find are yours, it would be cool. But the game still needs to stand 100% on its own.
Deaddrop isnt slated for consoles

No, people are "mad" because anybody who thinks about this properly understands that in a world of cheaters in video games that even multi billion dollar companies cannot control, putting real world money losses into games like this is an incredibly dumb idea

Wait until doc loses his $100,000 nft to a cheater that one shots him accross the map on launch day, then all this is going to come crashing down

Nobody's talking about 100k nfts existing on launch day. You're going to have super small dollar items on launch day and the market will determine where things go from there. In extraction games, they'll go nowhere with the amount of cheating that occurs. The only way that I can see anything retaining any value in extraction games is if we're talking about items that can't be taken off other players. I have no idea how much value anyone would find in those, either.

Knightime_X

So he wants MXT items worth $100k in his games?
Or is hoping to collect an item someone else paid $100k to put in?

Or an item he hopes some dumbass pays $100k for?

No matter how I piece it together, it sounds fucking retarded.

The amount of cheaters and sweats would be asinine.

I'd like to see how he comes up with the valuation of said items. And how would they protect these "valuable" items from cheaters that are ruining basically every competitive online game there is? But I can totally understand why he finds the concept to exciting, especially as a developer.

7wTR62B.png

Lock and punch me in the dick if discussed.

Sounds like a disrespectful Dr.

Caffeine

and then dr is gonna have a team of guys and there gonna show how cool it is to get an nft but really they are on a dev account changing the odds. wait a min this is csgo lotto and they got fucking investigated for being a scam.

tmartn remembers.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Hey, man. If that's the cap you want to stick a feather in, have at you. People like shooting heroin, and there's a demographic there. Doesn't mean I suddenly want to be one of the cool kids.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hey, man. If that's the cap you want to stick a feather in, have at you. People like shooting heroin, and there's a demographic there. Doesn't mean I suddenly want to be one of the cool kids.
That's attention whoring online grifters or video game companies for ya. Anything to make a buck.

You dont see this kind of shit from your typical Fortune 500 company, when in reality they got huge brands too and could surely pawn off pricey NFTs as much as any game company or Youtuber.

Yet you dont see it.

This is just empty-headed rich narcissists wanting to wear designer clothes in online video games. They can't understand that sensible people don't actually respect or value superficial status symbols and, in fact, believe that the idea of inculcating the idea that these things have value in children (a large part of the good doctor's following, I believe) is abhorrent.

Also, in addition, DrDisrespect looks like a bender. Nothing against it, he just does.

Lasha

This is just empty-headed rich narcissists wanting to wear designer clothes in online video games. They can't understand that sensible people don't actually respect or value superficial status symbols and, in fact, believe that the idea of inculcating the idea that these things have value in children (a large part of the good doctor's following, I believe) is abhorrent.

Also, in addition, DrDisrespect looks like a bender. Nothing against it, he just does.

Wanting to look flash is fine. NFT are more about printing money and feasting on seigniorage than showing status.

Last edited:

Hestar69

Love the Doc but this games going to FLOP HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...

I hope i'm wrong but everything i've seen and heard about it is very "last's 1 year and its done/bankrupt company"

Lasha

They've already been printing money for years, NFTs just give you some level of ownership.

bkjjHzw.png

NFT allow for an "anonymous" secondary market to skirt regulation. It provides no benefit if ones goal is to just add transferable mtx. NFT gives you ownership of whatever data are stored in the token and nothing else.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Oh look it's the same guy who only plays mainstream online battle royale and yells ''THERE'S NO GAMES TO PLAY!'' all the time.

That's not true he also says "Hey guys. uuuuuh... I kinda have a little bit of an announcement, I just wanna be completely transparent with you guys, as you guys know I have a beautiful family, and a wife, and kid. And I wanna be transparent that I've been unfaithful, and I'm probably going to be taking some time away, t-time off, to focus on... Stupid fucking mistakes man."

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
They've already been printing money for years, NFTs just give you some level of ownership.

bkjjHzw.png
You either dont understand how NFTs and the tokens tied to them work and/or dont understand how buying in game currency is different from them.

Theres an incentive for devs to go for NFT shit instead of in game currency.....its to fleece the market.
Yes GameX could increase the price of itemY by Z amount of coins and people would complain that the economy is too steep (see Forza Motorsport).
But if the price of items is tied to the "free market" and the coin/token is on the blockchain people can manipulate the market price, make a killing and bounce....leaving people with worthless tokens.
Yes, that ingame thing you bought is effectively worthless but atleast no one is claiming its actually worth anything to begin with, or that you can sell it forward for real cash, or that if the token gains value that item you have will now be worth more real world dollars, so please tell your friends to buy into the game and token too.

NFTs and Blockchain in gaming are a grift because they dont solve any problems that dont already have existing solutions, they do however allow bad faith players to make a shit ton of money doing simple pump and dumps.

nikos

I thought NFTs were stupid until I bought Deadrop and saw my items on the blockchain and in my digital wallet. It sort of opened my eyes to having actual ownership of items with monetary value.

Some of us grind endlessly for items in games that are worth absolutely nothing outside of those games. It made me feel like that's a complete waste of time compared to earning items that are worth something in the real world.

We'll see how it turns out in practice though. As mentioned, cheaters will also be an issue.

Last edited:

baphomet

I thought NFTs were stupid until I bought Deadrop and saw my items on the blockchain and in my digital wallet. It sort of opened my eyes to having actual ownership of items with monetary value.

Some of us grind endlessly for items in games that are worth absolutely nothing outside of those games. It made me feel like that's a complete waste of time compared to earning items that are worth something in the real world.

We'll see how it turns out in practice though. As mentioned, cheaters will also be an issue.

Found the dev.

skneogaf

Interesting in receiving something of value when gaming but as it has been said numerous times, cheating can't be stopped.

Even on consoles, so it's not possible any time soon.

If that NFT item is free and just in the world available to extract, then I don't see what the issue is. It would be an absolutely nerve-racking experience of course, one I probably couldn't handle LOL

I'm interested in how they'll keep cheaters out.

No one has yet been able to prove how NFTs would just "work" in the ecosystem of game design without absolutely breaking the game's ecosystem. It's an inherit system of more money spent = better stat values as a player = unfair advantage that reduces playerbase to whales that don't want to compete against each other. It just does not work because there is no balance, and especially no extraction profit that works yet they all so happily parrot as a selling point.

Add in the whole joined universe stupid shit that anyone who buys an NFT in one game can transfer it to another, and it's just a pure modern day Prince of Africa scam. We can barely get system parity/cross-play working let alone having quite literally one piece of code designed for one game's algorithms actually transferring successfully to a completely different game. Ask these so called NFT "experts" how to solve that issue and they start babbling on about how you just don't see the big picture or you are stifling creativity.

Utter scam mindset preying on user inability to determine legitimacy due to lack of game design/programming knowledge.
It hasn't worked, because those "NFT" games are not games. They aren't made or designed by game creators. They're a money extraction scheme with a coat of game paint. I honestly don't understand how ppl get taken for them all the time.

From my understanding, Doc's "idea" for the game came from EFT. I think he thought that stakes weren't high enough when extracting... so he wanted to crank it up with a rare item that might drop from time to time. I've seen some of the game play and they're making some pretty good progress, it looks like a FPS game, early build of course.

treemk

Banned
You either dont understand how NFTs and the tokens tied to them work and/or dont understand how buying in game currency is different from them.

Theres an incentive for devs to go for NFT shit instead of in game currency.....its to fleece the market.
Yes GameX could increase the price of itemY by Z amount of coins and people would complain that the economy is too steep (see Forza Motorsport).
But if the price of items is tied to the "free market" and the coin/token is on the blockchain people can manipulate the market price, make a killing and bounce....leaving people with worthless tokens.
Yes, that ingame thing you bought is effectively worthless but atleast no one is claiming its actually worth anything to begin with, or that you can sell it forward for real cash, or that if the token gains value that item you have will now be worth more real world dollars, so please tell your friends to buy into the game and token too.

NFTs and Blockchain in gaming are a grift because they dont solve any problems that dont already have existing solutions, they do however allow bad faith players to make a shit ton of money doing simple pump and dumps.

Bruh they are literally charging real money for fake money and then shutting down the servers after few years. There's a lot of different ways that NFTs can be sold from respectable to complete scum but the baseline is that at least if you stop playing the game you can sell your items and get some of your money back.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

He got too late for the NFT boom and I bet he's cursing that he missed that (short) opportunity for easy cash from idiots buying stuff without any value.

Last edited:
Top Bottom