• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream of one game localization no one else here would take as their pick

Eusis

14566930092_276d0af781_o.jpg

I thought we were over with DBZ fighting games not leaving Japan...
Namco Bandai was kind of weirdly awful about the DS actually. When we were missing the Tales games there I went and checked how many DS games they released in NA and it wasn't very good.

Zafir

I think every thing i'd choose has already been chosen in this thread, lol.

Shining Resonance
The Last Ranker
Time Travelers
The Suikoden PSP game
Any Sengoku Basara game after 3(since that was localised)

kunonabi

Japanese women's pro wrestling simulator where you run your own promotion. It also uses a card game for the actual matches. I can still get through it in Japanese but an English version would be nice and it would be easier to get people interested in vs matches.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Linda Cube Again. There's a fan translation in the works at least but it seems like progress has stopped.

Yesss, this would be one of my main picks.

Also:
Tengai Makyou series
Metal Max series
Startling Odyssey series
Legend of Xanadu I and II
Samurai Spirits RPG
Star Ocean: Blue Sphere
Beyond the Labyrinth
7th Dragon series

And for some Korean games I'd like to see translated since I've always wanted to play these:
War of Genesis series (spacefaring RPG with beautiful hi-res 2D graphics)
Rhapsody of Zephyr (a strategy RPG influenced by Count of Monte Cristo)

bobawesome

Last year I would've said Tomoyo After, but here we are.

IA/VT Colorful on Vita.

I want more rhythm games!

Although I've heard the Japanese version has a lot of English in it, so maybe I can still play it someday.

This game is as import friendly as they come. I was expecting it to be only a distraction from the Project Diva games but I find myself preferring IA/VT. It's certainly not as challenging but I love the presentation and songs.

As for the chances of it making it out of Japan, I could've sworn I read something about the director encouraging those outside of Japan to import the game because localization seemed unlikely.

CrovaxPSO

There's a gaffer that played it a while ago and it seemed pretty interesting but I don't remember in which thread he posted.

If you're talking about Fuuraiki 3 it was probably me. I haven't gone back to it since my first route clear, but I really enjoyed it. Definitely want to improve my Japanese so I can understand more about the different locations you can go to. Soundtrack is really good as well.

nobitakun

Neo Member
I own Venus and Braves for the PS2 (which would thus be my preferred version as my PSP is gathering dust somewhere...) and although I played a fair way into it it's not really worth it without really understanding much of the story, and it was too slow going with a dictionary in hand.

It's a fun strategy RPG but very much not in the traditional Tactics Ogre-esque mould - you plan your battle entirely beforehand and there's no real movement save rotating your squad in a turn; it's all about how you plan out your unit placement beforehand.

That coupled with the Gestalt system for relationship management and an interesting storyline makes it good fun to play. Alas, it was 2D and niche - and spiritually a sequel to the also untranslated Seven: Molmoth's Cavalry - so never made it here.

The team behind it went on to make Fragile, which I never really got on that well with and should revisit someday; I think they're disbanded now, or at least absorbed elsewhere into the Bamco monolith.
I also own Venus & Braves for the PS2 (sorry, I couldn't resist to reply ^_^), an incredibly underrated game which I bought like new in a second videogame store for 5€.

So, I terrible second Venus & Braves. I'm in love with this game since I saw its intro movie, with the awesome music...it touched me.

And Seven Molmorth no Kiheitai is the forerunner, which is a very awesome game as well, but having to choose between any of them I chose Venus & Braves, defenitely.

Top Bottom