• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream of one game localization no one else here would take as their pick

cj_iwakura

Goichi Suda's work prior to Killer7 & Flower, Sun & Rain

Twilight Syndrome (PSX) (Both Search and Investigation)

twilightsyndrome01b.jpg

Moonlight Syndrome (PSX) - Another game in the Syndrome saga. These are essentially Suda's take on Clock Tower. He made these games at Human Entertainment, the developers of Clock Tower.

KiyvM8k.jpg

35093_back.jpg

The Silver Case (PSX) - The direct prequel to Goichi Suda's Flower, Sun & Rain. We've honestly been getting the Kill The Past saga backwards. lol.
silverjapan07.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I still hope Suda lives up to his promise on releasing this in English one day since Flower, Sun & Rain is one of my favourite games of all time and I love killer7 too.

These are all dream projects of mine. TSC would be my magnum opus.

Also, I think Shouta talked about doing Growlanser, I know Esper's looked at it.

If you like, Vermillion's been translating Moonlight Syndrome here:
http://izzeybee.wordpress.com/

She's also agreed to let us use her script in a fan translation when she completes it.

Hyperbole

Banned
Those Uncharted Waters games past the SNES releases. I can't remember their Japanese names. I know there are a few more though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

goemon3sfc-6.png
snes_ganbare_goemon_3_-_shishi_juurokubei_no_karakuri_manjigatame_2.gif

Looks like SUCH a good game. The N64 Goemon was as good as Ocarina of Time, and this looks to be as good as Link to the Past. Look at this image:

ganbare_goemon_3_cat.png

The map gives off huge LttP vibes.

bluethree

Gunparade March
2506976-2.png

Released for the PS1 around...1999 or 2000 I think. I saw the anime released in the States many years ago, and while it wasn't very good, it's how I learned about the game. It's a combination of school life and strategy RPG.

I bought a copy for cheap (10 dollars clearance on some import sight many years ago) and still have it back at home. I bought it at a time when my Japanese wasn't good enough to play something as in depth and complicated as this (the manual is around 100 pages!), but now that the language barrier isn't a problem I've always wanted to get back to it, especially now that I also have it on my PS3 through the Japanese PSN. I've only ever played the first couple of hours.

It also takes place in a region of Japan I lived in for a couple of years until last year (the setting is a place called Kumamoto in southern Japan, and I lived in Miyazaki which is a few hours south), so on a personal level that's something that interests me a lot.

Laplace no Ma
It's an RPG for the SNES set in a haunted mansion. The existing fan translation is so poor and badly formatted as to basically be unplayable still.
5vXwbHC.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Laplace no Ma
It's an RPG for the SNES set in a haunted mansion. The existing fan translation is so poor and badly formatted as to basically be unplayable still.
5vXwbHC.png
This reads like one of those animal label parodies.

cj_iwakura

Gunparade March
2506976-2.png

Released for the PS1 around...1999 or 2000 I think. I saw the anime released in the States many years ago, and while it wasn't very good, it's how I learned about the game. It's a combination of school life and strategy RPG.

I bought a copy for cheap (10 dollars clearance on some import sight many years ago) and still have it back at home. I bought it at a time when my Japanese wasn't good enough to play something as in depth and complicated as this (the manual is around 100 pages!), but now that the language barrier isn't a problem I've always wanted to get back to it, especially now that I also have it on my PS3 through the Japanese PSN. I've only ever played the first couple of hours.

It also takes place in a region of Japan I lived in for a couple of years until last year (the setting is a place called Kumamoto in southern Japan, and I lived in Miyazaki which is a few hours south), so on a personal level that's something that interests me a lot.

I know two people working on this, the script is nearly done too.

GreyDaise

Neo Member
This:

hGFCgh8.jpg

I think that the chances of this or the PSP Madoka game being officially translated to English are pretty low at this point, unless Madoka airs on Toonami or something and has a sudden high burst of popularity in the west.

Gren

If this thread is about dark horse picks, then mine would be Gaia Master for the PSX.

Lovely 2D sprites & character designs by Kinu. During the 2D dark ages on PSX I had always hoped they would've brought this over.

cj_iwakura

http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/3/1/9/205319_front.jpg]

This would be mine. I know there are a few people that'd want it as well, but I doubt it'd be their first choice if they could only choose one. There have been an increase of localizations, which is great, but makes great games falling through the cracks even worse for someone who's excited about that particular game

Disclaimer: the game I mentioned is getting a fan-translation, but it was dropped by the first team and the second one who picked it up is incredibly busy, which means it can take years, if at all, we'd ever get the chance to play the game.

This is also my first choice, so I'll sigh at this instead.

m8S6sMb.png

No fucking way anyone else here would want Mamankyoushitsu (NSFW)

jesus christ that anatomy

GreyDaise

Neo Member
The PSP Madoka game is being done.
http://www.tradukosoft.com/category/projects/puella-magi-madoka-magica-portable/

While I'm glad people care, it makes me sad that these guys aren't more noticed for their efforts.

Ah, yep, I didn't know about this! I never did figure out how to load translation patches onto PSP, though...I need to sit myself down and figure that out.

I do still hope for a translation of Battle Pentagram, too, since what I've heard about the story sounds really interesting to me.

Thank you very much for the link.

Hansel

Banned
Earth Seeker and Boku no natsu yasumi have been mentioned already, but let me add this:

From the same team that made Contact:

125804_front.jpg

125804_back.jpg

I still imported it and it's now part of my backlog though.

Aww yea

I have this game in my DSi right now and it's so cool, this would be my second pick fo sho.

Li Kao

The PSP Madoka game is being done.
http://www.tradukosoft.com/category/projects/puella-magi-madoka-magica-portable/

While I'm glad people care, it makes me sad that these guys aren't more noticed for their efforts.

Come on, while I understand the thought, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that the translation scene can be followed easily. There is Romhacking, with its debatable way of organizing news, there are dozens of personal sites and blogs, let's not forget GBAtemp, and... and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other important places.
It's not an attack at all, but with the way things are, how could it be any other way ?

It is indeed really sad that the titanic job these team do is not better acknowledged, clearly.

FStubbs

This is also my first choice, so I'll sigh at this instead.

m8S6sMb.png

jesus christ that anatomy

I'll buy into one ...

... Wait, Natalia ...

... of those Trails crossovers when ...

... Wait, Natalia ...

... when I can do a combo with Luke (from Tales of the Abyss) and Leia (from Tales of Xillia). Come on, they have to do that.

Also, that game has Natalia so it might not be that bad.

Jazz573

Come on, while I understand the thought, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that the translation scene can be followed easily. There is Romhacking, with its debatable way of organizing news, there are dozens of personal sites and blogs, let's not forget GBAtemp, and... and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other important places.
It's not an attack at all, but with the way things are, how could it be any other way ?

It is indeed really sad that the titanic job these team do is not better acknowledged, clearly.

For VNs, TLWiki is an important site.

Playsage

This is kind of an unpopular pick cause a lot of people do not like this game compared to the main series ones.

v0ryaCZl.jpg

PS :

JGm90owl.jpg
Ry4osBwl.jpg

(I know 3rd has a fan translation)

Seriously Capcom, why do you hate bringing monster hunter to the west?

And there's even a PS3 remastered version Of MHP3rd

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Victorious Boxers 2: Boxers Road

Best sports career mode ever.

PA.03670.012.jpg

Just wish it wasn't almost all in Japanese.

Laplace no Ma
5vXwbHC.png
Better yet, we could have the PC-88 original and X68000 port, both of which are closer to survival horror (I know I know, Sweet Home and all that legend).

Tapejara

2119159-box.png

The Firemen 2: Pete and Danny for PS1. It's available as an PS1 import on the NA PSN, but I'd love to play an English version of it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This:

hGFCgh8.jpg

I think that the chances of this or the PSP Madoka game being officially translated to English are pretty low at this point, unless Madoka airs on Toonami or something and has a sudden high burst of popularity in the west.

For me it would be this and Bakemonogatari Portable:

latest

Clov

I was literally thinking of Fate/Extra CCC when I clicked on this thread. Shizuka stole the idea from my mind! :p

Let's see... Moon RPG Remix is getting one, isn't it? What about Linda3? I'd love to play through that one.

Shizuka

Also, since I feel like the OP took a shot at our team, CCC will happen in a reasonable time. We have two translators dedicated just to the project.

Hey, you know how much CCC means to me, which is the reason I felt like creating this thread. Following updates on GBATemp is unbearable for me, but knowing that it'll happen in a reasonable time, that the project has two dedicated translators, I feel like my biggest localization dream is coming close to reality and the world will be a better place because of it, at least for me.

JWNSY

I just want the Girls und Panzer Vita game. Probably going to buy the Japanese version eventually anyway though. I already have the guidebook even though I can't read it.
Maybe the psycho-pass game.

Shadoron

Ihatovo Monogatari.

Captain Rainbow.

Because lower tier Nintendo characters need love, too.

I would love to have all of these, too!

My pick:
Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji!
Okaeri%21_Chibi-Robo%21_Happy_Richie_Oosouji%21_Coverart.png

High fives to all of you. Great choices. I've got a pretty obsure Gamecube game that would be perfect for a translation, it involves a "right of passage" to adulthood... called Gif-

Giftpia. I know some people say the game itself is not that good, but it has an appealing look, is suitably weird, and the OST is fantastic. I've never been bored by a skip Ltd. game, at the very least. Even made an appearance at E3 one year.

img3.jpg

giftpia_060203_11_460.jpg

OK, you have great taste as well. It's cool, how about an SNES game that let's you make a party that could contain a photographer, a detective, and other oddball professions... all set on entering a haunted mansion and gathering clues to ghos-

Laplace no Ma
5vXwbHC.png

...really? Fine, I have the perfect answer, NO ONE will have heard of this one. It's made by the guy who did Contact. It's called Sakur-

Earth Seeker and Boku no natsu yasumi have been mentioned already, but let me add this:

From the same team that made Contact:

125804_front.jpg

125804_back.jpg

I still imported it and it's now part of my backlog though.

...crap.

I'll raise you one, SPACE*AGENCY. Made by the creator of Contact and Sakura Note. It has no translation, because it hasn't even been released. Sadly, it probably never will be.

Seriously though, all the above answers are games that really should have been translated. Good choices!

Also would like Devil Summoner (Saturn/PSX/PSP) translating into English since it's the last Devil Summoner game not in English now and I love that era of Atlus RPGs.

DSCoverScan.png

Ah man, Devil Summoner's up there for me as well. I've been playing through it with a translation script someone wrote up a while back and been loving it. Not without its flaws (negotiation RNG's ridiculous) but it's really fun.

Top Bottom