• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream Trigger 3D announced [3DS] (Psychadelic rail shooter, not related to Chrono)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
No media yet, unfortunately. Sounds like it could be cool though. Mock if old etc.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...her-Announces-Dream-Trigger™-3D-Nintendo-3DS™

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--D3Publisher (D3P), a publisher and developer of interactive entertainment software, confirmed its support today for the Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system and announced Dream Trigger 3D. Dream Trigger 3D is a completely original arcade shooter in which players use sonar to detect sound to expose colorful enemies and blast them into explosive 3D patterns. The introduction of the new Nintendo 3DS system will allow players to experience an arcade shooter with a whole new visual perspective never before seen on a handheld.

Dream Trigger 3D features over 50 stages that will hypnotize players with a seamless combination of stunning visuals and explosive arcade shooter action. The visuals are set to a dynamic multi-track musical score providing an unparalleled immersive experience as players destroy enemies, dodge attacks and move through a variety of layered environments that explode off the screen in 3D.

“We are excited to confirm the development of Dream Trigger 3D as the first of many upcoming video games from D3Publisher for the Nintendo 3DS handheld system,” said Yoji Takenaka, President and Chief Executive Officer of North America, D3P. “Dream Trigger 3D perfectly captures the system’s graphical strengths and combines it with stellar arcade shooter gameplay that new owners of the Nintendo 3DS handheld system will not be able to put down.”

Dream Trigger 3D is under development by Art Co. Ltd. and is currently rated “RP” (Rating Pending) by the ESRB.

Hm.

They've put out some awful licensed dreck, but they've also been responsible for publishing little games like Bangai-O and Break 'Em All, so...

Mind you, Art Co. don't have a great portfolio - their most recent title was Ant Nation, for Konami, IIRC, and before that it's pretty much been licensed work and a few ports (Gunpey, EEE).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Father_Brain said:
Sounds decent, but Art Co. is basically D3's pet shovelware developer. Don't get your hopes up.

Are there other 3DS games of a similar concept to keep an eye on?

The whole multi-layered top-down-shooter-with-beautiful-explosions thing ought to work well going by SS3D impressions. I'm sure someone will make a great game of that, even if this isn't it.

gofreak said:
Are there other 3DS games of a similar concept to keep an eye on?

The whole multi-layered top-down-shooter-with-beautiful-explosions thing ought to work well going by SS3D impressions. I'm sure someone will make a great game of that, even if this isn't it.

None that I know of. It's obviously an opportunity for the studio to break out (new hardware being the best time for new IP, rather than licensed or otherwise proven material) but their previous releases don't seem to be particularly great. Will be interesting to see how they get on, though, and it's interesting to see that even the smaller devs and publishers are now starting to unveil their 3DS titles - no wait for a blow-out in January now...

Caj814

lucablight said:
Anyone else get their hopes up and think this was a sequel to Chrono trigger when they read the title?
JJgMa.gif

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
People should stop making titles with Chrono or Trigger in it :(

jay

lucablight said:
Anyone else get their hopes up and think this was a sequel to Chrono trigger when they read the title?

That was my first reaction but then I realized the thread was not 68,000 pages long so it couldn't be.

lucablight said:
No. The naming convention with that series is it seems to kkep the Chrono, not the Trigger.

ultron87

Thought from the title that this was somehow a game in the Chrono Trigger franchise.

I mean it has Trigger in the title, and Radical Dreamers was also a Chrono game.

Edit: Ah, wasn't alone in this.

lucablight said:

*sighs, raises hand*

I knew it wasn't, but somehow, there was that glimmer of hope.

DawsonCry.gif

Negator

lucablight said:

When I went to pre-order my 3DS the dude at gamestop was convinced that this game was a sequel to Chrono Trigger. I told him he was wrong and kept insisting that it was a CT sequel.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
That's it, I'm calling a ban on any titles including the words Chrono and Trigger not relating to Chrono Trigger :(

Edit: Wow wth, I already posted in here...and wrote about the same thing I just did now. I"m scared.

Someone needs to post that picture with a bunch of gamers where in the first picture they are like "YEAH!!!!!" and the second everybody looks upset.

Cause I think that's how me and a lot of people feel right now =(

Jim said:
Some screens sent over by D3Publisher:

Doesn't look bad, though I suspect it'll suck considering the developer.

Also, LOL at y'all. I remember the same thing back when Chronos Twins was announced.

sfried said:
Every Extend Extra was bad?

I hadn't realized Art Co. developed that or Gunpey, but practically everything else they've done is licensed shovelware. I guess that's cause for some hope, though!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i wasn't going to bother clicking on this thread, cos i thought it'd be some stupid chrono trigger sequel, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it's an abstract 2d shooter

sfried

Father_Brain said:
I hadn't realized Art Co. developed that or Gunpey, but practically everything else they've done is licensed shovelware. I guess that's cause for some hope, though!
Perhaps Art Co. has a chance when it comes to puzzlers. I'll give them a benefit of a doubt.

drohne

does anyone else think it's awesome that someone at d3 was like 'we need a division that does...sort of...artsy games. let's call them q, like the letter q. that's taken, eh? then let's call them...art company.'

sfried

drohne said:
does anyone else think it's awesome that someone at d3 was like 'we need a division that does...sort of...artsy games. let's call them q, like the letter q. that's taken, eh? then let's call them...art company.'
Who developed the Art Style games? Aren't they made by skip?
(With the exception of Q-games DigiDrive.)

drohne

actually it looks like art co. have been around since 1995 and mainly do plain ol shovelware, so it was probably more like 'boys, this development studio is founded on our common dedication to making highly artistic games. in fact let's call ourselves art company. let's raise our glasses...to art company.'

and then somebody was like 'do a rugrats game for ps2, you have three months.'

sfried said:
Perhaps Art Co. has a chance when it comes to puzzlers. I'll give them a benefit of a doubt.

Fair enough, but AFAIK, both Gunpey and E3 were based on existing game designs - Art Co. didn't create either from the ground up.

Top Bottom