• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamcast Coming Back 2009

I will ignore those who keep saying the dreamcast is dead, the hardware is dated and the dreamcast games are wack.

Let me repeat myself, i have no plans to battle the new systems, infact i dont want too. I just want to get people to make more games for the dreamcast , keep it going on, thats it.

I dont know people keep saying the dreamcast is old and outdated, i mean why you think people keep playing dreamcast now, the graphics looks good on the games. Stop looking at this issue as a battle between ps3 vs dreamcast or something. Look at it from a viewpoint where you can buy more great games for the dreamcast.

Anyone with common sense can see that the dreamcast is not dated, the graphics is not up to xbox 1 and ps3 and gamecube or xbox 360 or whatever, but its good enough.

Why bother to play the dreamcast if you think the games are so freaking ugly or something, or the system is so old , if more games came out you wouldnt bother to buy them. Get real yall, the dreamcast and its graphics are old, but not outdated.

I betcha people can name 3 or 4 games off the top of the head and say they look better then some ps2 games. Speed devils is a budget game, but anyone can see that the game looks good.

I think anyone who says that the xbox 1 is outdated needs to go back and do thier homework or something, serious. Just goes to show you how people think, funny thing those who talk alot of bs, might catch yall playing street fighter II or something.

So why not have these games made for a viable system, or buy the new software coming out for those systems?

What, exactly, makes the Dreamcast special? The VMU?

Drinky Crow said:
SO why not have thes games made for a viable system, or buy the new software coming out for those systems?

What, exactly, makes the Dreamcast special? The VMU?

Are you listening?

!!!!! HELLO PEOPLE I DO NOT WANT TO BRING BACK THE DREAMCAST TO BATTLE WITH THE NEW SYSTEMS, I JUST PLAN TO BRING OUT MORE GAMES FOR THE SYSTEM AND KEEP IT GOING!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, maybe someone can actually let people know what i'm trying to say, because it seems i'm talking to a brick wall, a very very thick brick wall.

But why would a developer make a game for your revived Dreamcast, with an install base of i, when they could make a game for a system that people still actively play?

If you bring back the Dreamcast, it will compete with PS3 and 360 for developer attention, if nothing else. Why make a DC game, then?

And that brick wall appears to be your fundamentally retarded sense of brand association coupled with your ego-fueled nostalgia.

BUY A PS2.

Fuck, BUY A GAMECUBE. BUY A DS. Anything.

U.2.K. Tha Greate$t said:
I JUST PLAN TO BRING OUT MORE GAMES FOR THE SYSTEM AND KEEP IT GOING!!!!!!!!!!
Why? Are planning to make money from these new games? Or are you just giving your support to Dreamcast because you are rich and bit crazy in the head? :p

Hyoushi

Are you listening?

!!!!! HELLO PEOPLE I DO NOT WANT TO BRING BACK THE DREAMCAST TO BATTLE WITH THE NEW SYSTEMS, I JUST PLAN TO BRING OUT MORE GAMES FOR THE SYSTEM AND KEEP IT GOING!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, maybe someone can actually let people know what i'm trying to say, because it seems i'm talking to a brick wall, a very very thick brick wall.
I suggest getting Duke Nukem Forever for the re-launch.

:lol The Sony hatred never stops with the Sega lovers. 2-3 games look better than PS2 ones? Yeah well theres a couple of PS2 games that look better than some Xbox ones. What's your point? Stop blaming Sony for Sega's failure.

I don't think anyone would give a fuck. They've all moved on. There's nothing the Dreamcast can do that the PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox can't do better -- and with much better controllers, to boot.

By your logic, there's a huge untapped market for new PSone games, too -- and look how those rare few offerings just race up the charts!

Also SHENMUE IS DEAD HAW HAW THAT SERIES REALLY BLEW

However, if you could promise a Tech Romancer 2 from Capcom, I know at least ONE gamer who'll KILL to help you meet your agenda.

http://www.shinforce.com/dreamcast/previews/SpeedDevils.htm

I am positve its millions upon milions of people out there who would be very happy to play more dc games if they seen or heard about the news.

Actually no, there is a reason that the Dreamcast failed, nobody bought one.
And nobody will buy one 10 years later when the hardware is outdated.
And cut the crap with your 'dreamcast graphics aren't dated line', they ARE dated and in 2009 when the Xbox1080 Ps4 and the Nintendo ultra revolution are announced, it will look worse then first gen PSX games.

I think you need an doctor

JackFrost2012 said:
But why would a developer make a game for your revived Dreamcast, with an install base of i, when they could make a game for a system that people still actively play?

If you bring back the Dreamcast, it will compete with PS3 and 360 for developer attention, if nothing else. Why make a DC game, then?

Well of course when all this takes place in the future, i mean i aint trying to compete with the other systems in terms of graphics, but in games, yes i want too. Its like why pay 50 bucks for all these new games, when you can grab cheaper games that are actually better.

Matter of fact, this project might happen sooner then 2009, i said 2009 only because it seems like more sense to bring it out then, but it all depends on how fast i get things done and do things. Best believe tho, you will hear about it around winter of 2007, you can bet money on that one.

See my plan is like this, i wanna change the world anyway, you know help people and animals and all that good stuff, so while i'm doing that, i have other things which i like to do, so one of those projects is bringing back the dreamcast.

Havent really figure out the hardware issues tho, i really doubt sega would want to make more dreamcast systems, so i guess those who dont have one is well out of luck hahahahhaah. Maybe something else might change on that issuse tho, all i know all my friends has a dreamcast, i got 3 of them. So i'm str. :lol

Cold Shadow said:
Actually no, there is a reason that the Dreamcast failed, nobody bought one.
And nobody will buy one 10 years later when the hardware is outdated.
And cut the crap with your 'dreamcast graphics aren't dated line', they ARE dated and in 2009 when the Xbox1080 Ps4 and the Nintendo ultra revolution are announced, it will look worse then first gen PSX games.

I think you need an doctor

I dont agree. See you keep looking at this thread in terms of graphics and hardware or newer stuff, thats your problem.

How many people still play old games and still have xbox 1 and ps2 and gamecube?

I think you know the answer to that one, so i choose not to correct you. :lol

Datrio

See my plan is like this, i wanna change the world anyway, you know help people and animals and all that good stuff, so while i'm doing that, i have other things which i like to do, so one of those projects is bringing back the dreamcast.
Every next post of yours makes me laugh even harder :D

Who the hell are you? Seriously, do you even listen to yourself? "I wanna save the world, so while I'm at it, I'll also revive an old console" - ffs, even if I'll believe you you'll be so damn rich you can do anything, if you'd want to change the world to better you wouldn't waste any money on such things as reviving an old console.

Unless you'll be another Ghandi, you can't change anything.

Seriously, how much do you want to put into this revival of Dreamcast thing? $1m? $30m? To get the developers interested and release the games under cheaper prices, you'd probably have to spend at least $100m a year (rough estimate). And what about Sega? Thought of them and how will they act when they'll hear some rich idiot is trying to revive their console behind their backs? Believe me - they won't be that happy.

swirlcrash0sb.gif

I'm not seeing 2009 there anywhere.

Fowler

You know, bringing back the Dreamcast isn't so much of a stretch if he's gonna change the world and help animals and shit. Cuz animals need help. Poor bastards.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I dont know people keep saying the dreamcast is old and outdated, i mean why you think people keep playing dreamcast now, the graphics looks good on the games.

There are some mighty fine looking games on SNES, PSX, and Saturn too. Why do people keep calling them dated?

I dont agree. See you keep looking at this thread in terms of graphics and hardware or newer stuff, thats your problem.

How many people still play old games and still have xbox 1 and ps2 and gamecube?

Aren't you the one who wants to release new games ????
You want people to play 'new games' on a old console when there is no real reason to do that.
And how are you going to sell your product, video game stores won't be restocking dreamcast games.

jett

D-Member

The question here is, who the fuck would want to play your shitty-ass homemade games?

Tellaerin

My theory is that 'U.2.K. Tha Greate$t' is actually Dave Halverson, and he's finally snapped. After the Play staff talked him out of using his life savings to try to build a time machine (so he could sabotage the Playstation launch and bring back the golden age of 2D platformers), he reluctantly switched to Plan B: Use his publishing riches to 'bring back the Dreamcast', and 'help animals' by offering them starring roles in the 500+ new mascot-based platformers he'll be hand-coding for the system between now and 2009.

Diablos said:
:lol

Was this image made prior to PS2's launch? If so, Sega fanboys had to be crying :lol :lol :lol
No, I made it just after the Dreamcast died. Oddly enough, they were still crying!

Speaking of ads that came out early in the DC's life. Does anyone have that picture that Sega released of the kid crying because of the shortages Sony had for the PS2s at launch? I'm still amazed that they actually made that.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I'm still convinced this guy is a joke character, but dude, what don't you understand here? The nostalgia that surrounds the Dreamcast isn't a result of the system, it's all the great Sega and other titles attached to it. Sega has moved on, and you seriously need to as well. Honestly, what's the point of releasing games for an incredibly outdated system? Do you think the people that once owned a Dreamcast haven't moved on to other consoles? WHAT IS THE POINT?

MC Safety

Ah, well, since we're discussing the Dreamcast ...

Can anyone please post the postcard Sega sent out announcing its condolences at the PlayStation 2's shipping malaise? The picture was of a small boy sticking his tongue out at Sony's misfortune.

That was cool. A little weird, but cool.

If you are so damn rich, why do you live in an apartment? Why don't you plan to buy an Xbox 360 this fall instead of 4 years from now when it is $120???

I do respect you for planning to help peoples and animals and stuffs though. :lol

callous

You must be a multi-millionaire, because nothing less is going to get decent developers to develop decent games for the Dreamcast.

Jeffahn

dark10x said:
Yeah, I hate Sega...

sega.jpg

(not that my collection of DC and Saturn stuff is particular large nor is that actually all of it). I have most of those big Saturn cases, but they are packed away at the moment.

Oh, and I wasn't a late comer...

launch.jpg

You sure all those raindrops in MGS2 are particles? You and half the forum.

LMAO :lol funny stuff.

How many people you think play dreamcast, care about dreamcast, wish dreamcast came back, want more dreamcast, bought other gaming systems, and still play thier old games?

Again, i say over 5 million or 10 million. And for the dude who said i will have to spend 100 Million to bring it back, thats bs. I dont know how the money issues go in making new games or getting the word out, but i do believe its not that much, probly under a million.

mj1108

Drinky Crow said:
And that brick wall appears to be your fundamentally retarded sense of brand association coupled with your ego-fueled nostalgia.

BUY A PS2.

Fuck, BUY A GAMECUBE. BUY A DS. Anything.

You know you've hit rock bottom when Drinky suggests you buy a GameCube or DS. :lol

Top Bottom