• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams Early Access launching April 16 - PS4

Typhares

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-begins-april-16/

What is included in Early Access?
Early Access is exactly that. Early entry into Dreams, designed for creators to get hands on with the tools. It won’t feature everything that the full release will have (our story mode being a big piece of that) but you’ll get our full tool set for creating, our interactive tutorials and arcade games, templates and additional content created by Media Molecule and access to what you, the CoMmunity, made during our Dreams Creator Beta. You’ll also be getting the first hands-on with new features and content as we add them.

When is Dreams Early Access launching?
Dreams Early Access will be launching April 16!

How much will Dreams Early Access cost?
Dreams Early Access will cost $29.99 MSRP (+applicable tax) in the US and $39.99 MSRP (+applicable tax) in Canada.

Which territories will Dreams Early Access be available for?
Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada and all European territories.

What languages will be supported by Dreams Early Access?
At launch, Dreams Early Access will be in English and French in North America.

How do I participate in Dreams Early Access?
That’s an easy one! You’ll be able to purchase Dreams Early Access from PlayStation Store on April 16, 2019.

Can I pre-order Early Access?
No, but you can sign up for updates here.

If I buy Dreams Early Access, does that mean I get access to the full version of the game when it’s released, without paying any extra / twice?
Early Access is intended for Creators who will participate and contribute to Dreams Early Access, and in return, will have the full version of Dreams upon release.

….and when would that be? ;)
Ooo, cheeky! We don’t have a release date for the full version of Dreams to share right now. But when we do, you’ll know about it! And then we’ll keep telling you. And then probably tell you another 5,672 times.

Will my Early Access / Beta creations carry over to the full game?
Yes. Early Access is the launch of the creation tools of Dreams and this will then roll into the full version of the game.

Will Early Access include VR?
Dreams VR is not included in the initial Early Access offering. It’s still planned for Dreams and we’re super excited for it. We’ll be sure to share more details about it as soon as we’re ready.

Is there any NDA for Early Access?
No! You can stream, share and create to your heart’s content.

How can I stay up-to-date on everything Dreams?
We’ll update you on all things Dreams as and when new things happen! We’ll detail new features through blogs, streams and on our social channels, as well as on our feedback forums on indreams.me.

Is there a cap to Early Access? Is there a chance I won’t get in?
Dreams Early Access is limited yes, but it’s a big limit. That being said, to avoid disappointment, we do recommend you purchase as soon as you can to enjoy all of the creator tools available.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
If I am "lucky enough to be chosen to buy this product" at that point, I'm still not sure if I will yet. I had a lot of fun messing with the creator during the beta, but I also know that the time commitment to creating something good might be more than I have in me.

INC

Dam.....oh well

Cant wait to see what people create tho, loved what I've seen so far, wonder who'll make the first worthy BR experience

Another question

In terms of using your own audio, can you only use the mic to import, or can you import .wav or mp3

Mic only will make a lot of the voice work and audio sound cheap

julio_grr

What's funny is that State Of Play could actually have been good if they had waited 4 little days.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

I just can't believe how many people are overlooking this tool. It blows my mind to think a revolution is about to start and people are twiddling their thumbs.

Last edited:
It's the first thing I thought of. I'd assumed it would be there because it would then make a big splash. Just stupid.

Not really, they want creators aka people that are interested already. They don’t a million people expecting a game rushing to buy early access. Zero incentive to sell to the public at the moment. First impressions are important for this game to succeed. Hey are selling tools for now, YouTube of gaming at the end of the year.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Not really, they want creators aka people that are interested already. They don’t a million people expecting a game rushing to buy early access. Zero incentive to sell to the public at the moment. First impressions are important for this game to succeed. Hey are selling tools for now, YouTube of gaming at the end of the year.

Yes, after giving it a little more thought, I agree.

Enjay

Banned
Just make sure whatever you make is good, wholesome, non attractive, and safe. Otherwise it's just gonna get censored out.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Just make sure whatever you make is good, wholesome, non attractive, and safe. Otherwise it's just gonna get censored out.

I sense this is going to be the next storm in a teacup, especially useful if you want to focus on a single console manufacturer in a console war pinch (instead of observing a sweeping industry trend).

I just “freed” Lady in DMC V on PS Pro and I am not seeing any censoring really... not sure why there is a lens flare effect in some scenes after considering how you see here then and there... btw...

Psykodad

Banned
Sooo... am I the only one getting kinda anxious about not receiving any details on when we get to download EA?

Already took the day off on the 16th, because I'm dying to work on my animation short....

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Sooo... am I the only one getting kinda anxious about not receiving any details on when we get to download EA?

Already took the day off on the 16th, because I'm dying to work on my animation short....
I think you just buy it from the store on the 16th. If there are more users than they can handle they will just remove the listing from the store to prevent more people from joining.

Psykodad

Banned
I think you just buy it from the store on the 16th. If there are more users than they can handle they will just remove the listing from the store to prevent more people from joining.
Yeah, but an email with a exact date and time would be nice so people can download straight away.

Enjay

Banned
That usually translates to they're only sending codes to influential people on twitch and youtube for this wave.

julio_grr

I'm kinda excited also myself, but I don't expect to be able to play before end of the day. I would not have taken the day off :)

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
I'm kinda excited also myself, but I don't expect to be able to play before end of the day. I would not have taken the day off :)
yeah, well, I could take the day of anyway. Slow days at work atm anyway, so might as well do something more productive.

Psykodad

Banned

Ar¢tos

Less than an hour, but it feels like time just drags on. lol

Edit:

Are we allowed to stream this time?
Yes, it's on the first post:

Edit: its only 4.3GB? I was expecting a 30GB download!

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
So I played the intro. I'm curious about trophies in this game. The early access has none yet I'm sure the final game will. So say there's a trophy for doing in the intro, how will that work in early access?

Also they changed the voice during the intro. Odd. I quite liked the Scottish accent lady.

The game is only 2.6GB, it's really tiny, even for early access.

Last edited:

julio_grr

The game is only 2.6GB, it's really tiny, even for early access.
It's only the creator tools. I expect the full game to be much bigger.
I'm in. You can easily purchase it from the PS app on smart phone.
Unfortunately I'll be able to launch it only tomorrow :(

vkbest

It's only the creator tools. I expect the full game to be much bigger.
I'm in. You can easily purchase it from the PS app on smart phone.
Unfortunately I'll be able to launch it only tomorrow :(

Mmm don’t expect the game much bigger, the creations you can make with editor are tiny (a few MBs), and full game will use editor to make story game.

Psykodad

Banned
Yes, it's on the first post:

Edit: its only 4.3GB? I was expecting a 30GB download!
Probably overlooked that part in all my excitement.

Anyway, animating is frustrating. The more detailed you try to make animations, the harder it gets to make nice transitions.

Massive respect to all the professional animators out there.

Probably overlooked that part in all my excitement.

Anyway, animating is frustrating. The more detailed you try to make animations, the harder it gets to make nice transitions.

Massive respect to all the professional animators out there.

actually as an animator this was one of my concerns with their animation system. their generic system of tweens and eases seems fine for general/basic movement, but if you want to do legit animation it looks cumbersome to do detailed and realistic work.

i kinda want to pay 30$ just to try it the systems knowing i wont get too deep into it.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
actually as an animator this was one of my concerns with their animation system. their generic system of tweens and eases seems fine for general/basic movement, but if you want to do legit animation it looks cumbersome to do detailed and realistic work.

i kinda want to pay 30$ just to try it the systems knowing i wont get too deep into it.
How does the system differ from something a pro would use?

Geki-D

Banned
Weird.. It said 2.6 on the store, but when the download started it was 4.36. Maybe because I'm in Europe and it has more languages.
I'm in Europe too, though if it said 2.6 on the store but is actually bigger, then that makes sense. Pretty sure I only saw the size on the Store.

Last edited:
Top Bottom