• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams Game Informer Coverage This Month

julio_grr

All the videos I see raise so much questions. For example : Can I create an A.I. ? Can I make path planning for this A.I.? Will there be some logical assets like predefined A.I.? (basic enemies ?)

ar0s

It says "Clone wire"

All the videos I see raise so much questions. For example : Can I create an A.I. ? Can I make path planning for this A.I.? Will there be some logical assets like predefined A.I.? (basic enemies ?)

Yes, yes, yes.

Last edited:

julio_grr

Do you know if it will be possible to publish a "non-editable" level? I mean every level you share with others they can edit it or can you block it so that it is experienced the way you want?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Do you know if it will be possible to publish a "non-editable" level? I mean every level you share with others they can edit it or can you block it so that it is experienced the way you want?

Yes, you have complete control of how much of what you make is made available to the public. You can do it on an asset by asset bases, a level bases, and you can even just allow certain people to edit your level.

gotta say that timeline doesnt seem intuitive. at the minimum you gotta have the timeline open at the same time as the camera view. none of this switching screens just to check the changes you made. i imagine its the same for animation, which if youre not actively looking through a camera as you're manipulating values and timing, is a definite deal breaker in those regards for me personally.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
gotta say that timeline doesnt seem intuitive. at the minimum you gotta have the timeline open at the same time as the camera view. none of this switching screens just to check the changes you made. i imagine its the same for animation, which if youre not actively looking through a camera as you're manipulating values and timing, is a definite deal breaker in those regards for me personally.

There's nothing stopping you setting up your own work conditions. I'm going to have one camera looking at the scene, make all the animation adjustment, and then add the other cameras in afterwards. There are so many ways to approach the same discipline.

julio_grr

While these things sound great.....it's hard to imagine someone actually doing this.
Could you imagine before MineCraft what people would be doing with it??
gotta say that timeline doesnt seem intuitive. at the minimum you gotta have the timeline open at the same time as the camera view.
Yeah screen size and UX is definitely be a minus point in Dreams. Most designers use multiple screens to increase productivity. Having to constantly switch back and forth from timeline / logic to rendered view will be a pain.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
VzYwjvm.gif

manfestival

Like I always see stuff come up for Dreams. However, the pitch for this game is nonexistent. It is like they are doing even worse than their pitch for Little Big Planet. This game almost strikes me as doomed to fail.

julio_grr

Can I like several times ? :) haha
The guitare game is excellent. It's what I imagined, mixing the music with the visuals and the gameplay.
But it needs to be longer... If every game released by people is one minute long, you will quickly get bored.
Like the dogfight in space. Seems really cool but the guys spend several days on it for a 30s result...

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Can I like several times ? :) haha
The guitare game is excellent. It's what I imagined, mixing the music with the visuals and the gameplay.
But it needs to be longer... If every game released by people is one minute long, you will quickly get bored.
Like the dogfight in space. Seems really cool but the guys spend several days on it for a 30s result...

He's working on a ground segment.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

onQ123

Recently I was messing around with Photoshop & After Effects making cartoons out of friends & family members's photos so I'm hoping that Dreams will let you import images to use as a overlay when creating characters

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Looks like that worked!
This 2D flying side-scrolling game looked quick and fun too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom