• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams |OT| A World Of Pure Imagination

Psykodad

Banned
Battle 1 of Wedding Week is live! Lee and Sam are getting married this week and are celebrating by going head-to-head in Dreams most competitive levels! Todays battle is Last of Us Survival mode - who can get the most kills and win the first point?

I wish people would start using custom animations.
All these amazing tech-demos being held back by Dreams' procedural animations. They're too basic.

The community needs more dedicated animators.

Last edited:
Battle 2 of Wedding Week! Lee & Sam are away getting married & are celebrating by going head-to-head in #DreamsPS4 most competitive levels! Todays battle is #Connect4 Lee is currently ahead 1-0 and has promised a sweep, can he pull it off?

Battle 3 of Wedding Week! Lee & Sam are away getting married & are celebrating by going head-to-head in Dreams most competitive levels! Todays battle is Pong Lords! The score is 1-1 who can pull ahead as we enter the second week of the tournament?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
HEARTFELT Message For Everyone By GentlemanTom. Helpline numbers at the end of the video so please take the time to pause there if you need help or know of someone who needs help.

Battle 4 of Wedding Week! Lee & Sam are away getting married & are celebrating by going head-to-head in #DreamsPS4 most competitive levels! Todays battle is Crayonas! The score is 2-1 Lee only needs 1 more victory to win the cup!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
SUPERB Writing And Acting In This Lovely Platformer Topher Thebes And The Enchanted Crystal By VerbalCreative

Last edited:

orioto

Good Art™

A vid to showcase the system of the game, with a map featuring a progressing story, stars for levels, scores, a cumulative score, and things to unlock with a certain numbers of stars.
We divided maps into worlds cause this map is already 91% of game thermo lol.

Also the gamepay of the game completely changed, i mean not the deep gameplay but the system. Less punitive, no more switching orbs, just a fun combo system for the scoring that you can see in the video. Purple orbs don't kill you, they just lower the multiplier if you don't change them with your power before touching them.

Also there will be a demo with 5 levels including a boss in some weeks, hopefully for Halloween!

Three

Does Dreams work offline? Or is an internet connection required at all times?
My god gaf you're slipping. Why has nobody answered this yet?

You create offline I think but to be able to play other people's levels you need to be online.

Last edited:

Miles708

My god gaf you're slipping. Why has nobody answered this yet?

You create offline I think but to be able to play other people's levels you need to be online.
Thanks.
It would be neat to be able to save some other people's work offline, to be able to play them at any time. If I'm not mistaken, they shouldn't even be that big in size, since Dreams pratically re-creates the game for you on your machine.
You could have the last 10 played levels, or your favourite X creations, just saved on your console.

NeilH1982

Banned
The problem I have with these type of games is that I just don't have the imagination nor the creativity to create anything worthwhile.

Background noise is generally hidden by the game sounds (though it's still there, it's especially noticeable on that Creepy Exorcism video), it's more of a clarity and quality issue. It's sounds like you're talking down a pipe or your mic is in the center of a big empty room, and you're sitting in the doorway talking at it. Too bassy, too echoey. Compare your audio to GribbleGrunger GribbleGrunger 's, you can always hear and fully understand what he's saying. With your audio sometimes it's hard to understand.

We've been playing around with our audio and I think we've made some real progress:

We still need to re-record our outro but its a good benchmark to show we've definitely managed to clean it up

Top Bottom