• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams Stream And Beta Sign Up Info On The 4th

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This is just a heads up really but 'hopefully' NDAs won't apply and streaming will be allowed. In which case this thread can double as a general thread for chat, vids and pics until the game releases. I have some pics and gifs banked and ready to go, so fingers crossed.

Stream and beta sign up information on 4th at 5pm GMT.

The actual beta starts on the 8th. Although it's more open, there are still going to be limits and because not everyone who signed up for the Newsletter got in, I'd assume they'll add those first. In other words: GET SIGNED UP.

Newsletter sign ups: https://www.mediamolecule.com/blog/newsletter

Sometimes the confirmations for the Newsletters appears in the 'Spam' folder so take that into consideration.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Can you describe it a little bit more or is it too risky?

Tron like graphics. You get a power early on to rewind time and forward time. As you do this, platforms rotate, flip and move. This becomes quite the puzzler as you realise once you're into a sequence and have moved across some of it, the section you are on is next to be flipped but the section ahead is on 'red' which kills you. You have to fast forward and rewind before you set off in order to memorise the patterns. You also get sections that pull the platform down that you're on when you rewind and then flip immediately back to their original state, throwing you in the air and allowing you to reach higher places. It's rather well done!

Aight, I'll sign up. Not gonna create stuff but tuning in a couple days before it ends should give a good idea of the user content we can expect. I've read it's rather complicated so I really don't know what I'm going to find lol.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Aight, I'll sign up. Not gonna create stuff but tuning in a couple days before it ends should give a good idea of the user content we can expect. I've read it's rather complicated so I really don't know what I'm going to find lol.

All I'm doing is viewing and playing. My status is 'Play' but I reckon my 'Curate' status will also rise in the next week or two. It really is just fun to explore. No knowledge of the tools necessary.

Last edited:

GamesAreFun

Banned
I'm in, can't wait to try it!

Many of your may be seeking a Dreams Beta invite. Unfortunately we are only able to distribute codes to people who joined the newsletter before December 7th.

Perhaps not... :goog_pensive:

Grinchy

Banned
I'm still in the same boat as before - I try to sign up for the newsletter but it never sends me the email to confirm. It was like this when I tried to sign up last month as well :(

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm still in the same boat as before - I try to sign up for the newsletter but it never sends me the email to confirm. It was like this when I tried to sign up last month as well :(

Are you using the same email you use for your PS4 account? It has to be that one if you're not.

Grinchy

Banned
Are you using the same email you use for your PS4 account? It has to be that one if you're not.
Yep, that's the one I'm using. I'm starting to wonder if I signed up for it many years ago when I was big into LBP1 and 2 and for some reason unsubscribed or something and it's halting the process.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yep, that's the one I'm using. I'm starting to wonder if I signed up for it many years ago when I was big into LBP1 and 2 and for some reason unsubscribed or something and it's halting the process.

It wouldn't hurt to contact MM on Twitter. Send a direct message though, not a tweet. They sorted me out with mine. At the end of the day, you might not even need it this time. I just mentioned that 'just in case'.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
So now I'll post a couple of pics of things we've seen in this stream. I don't think there will be any problem with that now:

yZND67b.gif

46563296781_f1956ed60b_b.jpg

46563297701_62f52da9e1_b.jpg

32690216728_2f962a7524_b.jpg

A static pic doesn't do this justice but I'll post it anyway:

32709239678_6a0a94f14d_b.jpg

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

This is supposed to be impressive? I just heard my PS4 backlog laughing and shitting all over this.

Yeah, one would think you could develop a much better game in 1 week. Now please move on. We know you don't like dreams so there's little point in repeating that dislike.

Last edited:
Yeah, one would think you could develop a much better game in 1 week. Now please move on. We know you don't like dreams so there's little point in repeating that dislike.

I'm not buying a media molecule game for their shitty campaign yeah at launch. But should I wait a year untill something has been created even remotely looking like an indie? Buy it if you want to mess around with some tools I guess but this has no value for people wanting to play real games.

This will be a ps+ title riddled with microtransactions before you can blink.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm not buying a media molecule game for their shitty campaign yeah at launch. But should I wait a year untill something has been created even remotely looking like an indie? Buy it if you want to mess around with some tools I guess but this has no value for people wanting to play real games.

This will be a ps+ title riddled with microtransactions before you can blink.

Whatever, fella. You just don't know how ignorant you sound right now ... but you will at some point.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I have a feeling I am going to eventually end up buying this just to play everyone else's stuff, and never touch the actual creation half of it.

It's what I did for 4 days. I just can't believe the quality of some of these games and sculpts. I never expected people to be making the quality of experiences they are after just two weeks. There's a marble game that looks like an indie game already, and I believe that was done in less than a week. The big take away from what I've played of the good games is they actually play well. Someone has made a really good FPS perspective camera and lots of people are now using it. That's the big difference between Dreams and LBP. You didn't really have control of gameplay in the same way as you do with Dreams. This is a proper development tool and as more people perfect certain aspects of games, other people will benefit if they share it. Luckily most people are sharing their logic so hopefully that continues.

Last edited:
Not gonna buy it but I hope this game will be success for MM and Sony. I'm watching twitch vod right now and it's crazy what people already come up with. Fucking crab destroyer of worlds lmao.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Not gonna buy it but I hope this game will be success for MM and Sony. I'm watching twitch vod right now and it's crazy what people already come up with. Fucking crab destroyer of worlds lmao.

That's fair enough. Think of it as Youtube but for Games, animation, films, art, music etc. It's a service as much as it is a fully fledged development tool. It's going to be added to over the 10 year plan too, so improvements are going to make it even more capable.

That's fair enough. Think of it as Youtube but for Games, animation, films, art, music etc. It's a service as much as it is a fully fledged development tool. It's going to be added to over the 10 year plan too, so improvements are going to make it even more capable.

I wasn't aware they intend to support it for that long, but that's good to hear. I put in for the beta on the 4th, but never got an e-mail back. Do you happen to know if they haven't sent those out yet, or do you think I was just too late?

bitbydeath

Bit late to the party but have signed up now.

10 years? So should work on PS5 too then?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I wasn't aware they intend to support it for that long, but that's good to hear. I put in for the beta on the 4th, but never got an e-mail back. Do you happen to know if they haven't sent those out yet, or do you think I was just too late?

The sign ups end on the 11th. It's not too late.

This is why I've been saying for a long time the PS5 will have BC. I've also drawn what I consider a rational conclusion about there not being a touchpad on the PS5. The reason for that is the fact Dreams has a 10 year plan and the only feature it doesn't cover is the touchpad. The reason I'm not completely invested in the idea of there being no touchpad is because of BC. Some games use it, such as swiping in Killzone, so perhaps a redesign and MM don't really know all of it's functionalities yet?

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Bit late to the party but have signed up now.

Tearaway Unfold heavily uses the touchpad so I would'nt bet on it not being supported anymore by MM...

Yeah, it was a punt to be honest. It's just odd it's the only feature they haven't supported. People are even using the speakers on the Dualshock and I can't even find that feature LOL.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, it was a punt to be honest. It's just odd it's the only feature they haven't supported. People are even using the speakers on the Dualshock and I can't even find that feature LOL.
If the touch pad is not supported, I'll put on a tinfoil hat and say that the PS5 controller won't have a touchpad and they're just making sure that every level is still playable when they release the PS5 version.

Top Bottom