• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams Stream And Beta Sign Up Info On The 4th

This game could be a good education tool. Wonder if multiple people at once can experience your game or someone else's? If not that would be a good idea for the inevitable PS5 version......

If this takes off I'm sure Microsoft will bring out their own equivalent.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This game could be a good education tool. Wonder if multiple people at once can experience your game or someone else's? If not that would be a good idea for the inevitable PS5 version......

If this takes off I'm sure Microsoft will bring out their own equivalent.

Multiplayer is going to be added after launch, so, yes, multiple people will be able to experience your game at once, if that's what you desire.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
A few pics from the stream:

32709241078_a83e66d896_b.jpg

32690216728_2f962a7524_b.jpg

46563297701_62f52da9e1_b.jpg

46563296781_f1956ed60b_b.jpg

just signed up for the beta! As an animator, first thing i'll do is animate that fish for people.

not knowing how rigging is handled in Dreams, biggest problems I forsee with the sculpt so far is that its not modeled in a neutral straight pose. And the mouth doesnt look like its meant to be closed so the teeth fit properly around the lips. will see what i cna do once i get in there and comfortable.

not sure what i want to do with Dreams though. do i play other peoples creations. do i start working on my own small scale games. or do i just start creating!! part of me just wants to create.

Sony needs to make this available on Steam and sell "tools pack update" as DLCs. This is one of the most ambitious games ever created but they need a different approach to make it something as big as it can become.

If I were them, I'd try a deal with the Epic Store, too. We would get incredible games if the PC community laid their hands on it.

Sony needs to make this available on Steam and sell "tools pack update" as DLCs. This is one of the most ambitious games ever created but they need a different approach to make it something as big as it can become.

If I were them, I'd try a deal with the Epic Store, too. We would get incredible games if the PC community laid their hands on it.

while smart, its not happening, but something they COULD do is give it mouse support. i mean why give it keyboard support with no mouse support! wish I could hook up a wacom tablet to my ps4!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
just signed up for the beta! As an animator, first thing i'll do is animate that fish for people.

not knowing how rigging is handled in Dreams, biggest problems I forsee with the sculpt so far is that its not modeled in a neutral straight pose. And the mouth doesnt look like its meant to be closed so the teeth fit properly around the lips. will see what i cna do once i get in there and comfortable.

not sure what i want to do with Dreams though. do i play other peoples creations. do i start working on my own small scale games. or do i just start creating!! part of me just wants to create.

My advice from personal experience would be to concentrate on one discipline at a time. It's overwhelming to say the least. Each discipline is deep and goes deeper the more you find out. Whatever you are inclined towards in the real world, I'd settle for that. It really is a complex and comprehensive set of tools.

Hopefully, when the game releases (or the NDA is lifted), people will finally get to see the brilliant stuff being made.

Last edited:
damn! if i get a beta code on friday, i'm gonna have to wait 30 more minutes before i finish the REmake 2 demo now. was hoping to get the beta code sooner.

is there anywehre to find new info aside from the Mm stream from the other day? i keep looking for some more beta info, even if its just from Mm themselves, but theres only that one short stream video

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
damn! if i get a beta code on friday, i'm gonna have to wait 30 more minutes before i finish the REmake 2 demo now. was hoping to get the beta code sooner.

is there anywehre to find new info aside from the Mm stream from the other day? i keep looking for some more beta info, even if its just from Mm themselves, but theres only that one short stream video

Nothing I'm afraid, just me and you, questions and my vague (under DNA) answers. Ask away. I can't be specific obviously but I can maybe give something approaching a satisfactory answer.

TagZ

Nothing yet for me, I wish there had been at least an email confirming that I had signed up.

If I don't get in, I don't get in but, if it's cause I didn't do something correctly for the sign up that would suck. Really looking forward to this game.

Last edited:
nothing for me. was really hoping to come in here to see people had been notified yet whether they were in the beta or not.

has Mm twitter alluded to anything?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Just to remind folks, there's another stream today at 5pm GMT. It's covering more of the user created content in Dreams and offering more tips and tricks.

1 and a half hours to go!

Last edited:

julio_grr

I still have nothing in my mail account tied to my psn account :(
I am currently afraid I won't be able to join the beta this week-end. Or it has been sent through psn directly but I can't connect to it right now (work)

julio_grr

Looking at that twitter feed, if you have not received a code yet, you're pretty much screwed. They only random picked a happy few.
I have nothing.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Looking at that twitter feed, if you have not received a code yet, you're pretty much screwed. They only random picked a happy few.
I have nothing.

This whole thing has been a cock up. Some people won't even receive their codes until the 14th and then it's not guaranteed.

Grinchy

Banned
I have to say, it's very annoying how they're handling this beta. I hope I get a code when the US ones go out, but I feel for anyone who doesn't. With how long and drawn out the development has been and how poorly they're doing this "public beta," it really is annoying to anyone who has actually been anticipating this for years.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
This FPS looks pretty sweet. The people who spend 3 months making a "level" are going to put together some really crazy stuff. I can already imagine a lot of "remakes" as well like complete Timesplitters 2 levels and whatnot.

Found a EU code in my spambox, they must have sensed my excitement.

Only 10 days left? Won't be able to put much time into this, I hope there is some kind of list on that beta forum of stuff one should definitely check out with limited time.

man its SO powerful that I'm distracted and cant focus on where to start. i may ahve to come up with some design docs.... i feel like the utlities people are going to be creating for the community to use as a whole is going to be insane

Grinchy

Banned
If I get in, I'll probably just come up with some kind of very simple concept and then learn just the things I need to learn to pull it off. That's kinda what I did in LBP, though I can't claim I was ever great at building levels there.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
man its SO powerful that I'm distracted and cant focus on where to start. i may ahve to come up with some design docs.... i feel like the utlities people are going to be creating for the community to use as a whole is going to be insane

Pick what you consider the most important discipline for your needs and only concentrate on that for the beta. Trust me, don't get lost in the maze.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone get anything? I didnt even get a no
Nothing for me. I did finally see a newsletter confirmation from a week ago sitting in my spam box. It's weird because I checked that spam box over and over again when I was trying to get that set up so I don't know why it wasn't there until now.

Seems like 1% of applicants got into the jan 11 wave. Fingers crossed for secind wave on the 14th, but doubt ill be able to play much during the workweek

Anyone from the us get one?

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Seems like 1% of applicants got into the jan 11 wave. Fingers crossed for secind wave on the 14th, but doubt ill be able to play much during the workweek

Anyone from the us get one?

It seems to be a limited batch but more go out today. I've just been looking at 'cloth physics' someone did. People are already pushing it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Nadda for me either.

As I said above, more go out today so it's not too late! Don't expect it, just 'pray'! Some of the stuff I've been looking at today is just extraordinary and things are just getting better and better. I personally find making things very difficult and I've expressed my frustration elsewhere but every time I see what others have done it brings be back again.

As I said above, more go out today so it's not too late! Don't expect it, just 'pray'! Some of the stuff I've been looking at today is just extraordinary and things are just getting better and better. I personally find making things very difficult and I've expressed my frustration elsewhere but every time I see what others have done it brings be back again.
I'll keep watching with my fingers crossed.

Top Bottom