• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams will reportedly follow Horizon: Zero Dawn as an Exclusive hitting the PC platform

Blond

Banned
you know what ...

PS now , Stadia and all the streaming apps or whatever cloud shit WE DONT NEED IT

just release every game on every console + PC .. let the people enjoy the variety of games on their favorite console

no matter the games that going to PC I'm sure many players prefer Consoles .. so why not ?

Benefits to players :

More games
editable settings ( PC players )

Benefits to Companies :

$

^
^

this is a dream

I'm not trying to be one of those "exclusives" guy but there's a reason people still buy Nintendo products. They're an experience, ones that are very specific to the console. I can honestly say I still to this day think RE4, Killer 7, Wind Waker and plenty of others still feel at home on the Gamecube and gamecube only. The controller plays a big part in that.

I think as much your mindset is great, letting everyone enjoy the games they want, they want they want on the platforms they want is the dream but isn't the reality.

I wouldn't place too much stock in a Tweet from the news editor of an outlet with a history of shilling for MS like Eurogamer!

One of the first things you learn when writing essays is that a biased source can still have credible information, you just have to break it down, approach from different slants and make sure that it's still good information in-spite the bias. In this case, he's been right regardless of his biases so it's okay.

That being said, it's not like this will hurt you in any way, console still has the ability to give you 5-6 years of top tier performance and the games will only look better overtime as opposed to PC so I'm not sure why anyone here has an issue with this. Just buy them on PS5?

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Can you tell me a PS5 title going to PC?

What are you guys smoking if you think Sony are going to put their PS5 games on the PC in the next 3 years?
If you can wait that long then fine you're in a minority and you were never going to buy a PS5 anyway but if you think for one second this is going to affect the sales of the PS5 then you're crazy,

Are you afraid that your piece of plastic would be as useless as an Xbox One now and the lost of sales will keep you up at night?

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
And it sure won't be the last :D no point in getting an PS5, since their multiplat games are even worse looking compared to Series X lol
Wouldn't this mean there's no reason getting a Series X too If you're wanting the best performing multiplats?

SleepDoctor

Banned
I wouldn't place too much stock in a Tweet from the news editor of an outlet with a history of shilling for MS like Eurogamer!

Ahhhh the good old "he's xbox fanboy argument, don't believe him". But when he shits on ms hes a "credible" source.

Keep it coming guys 👍👍👍😂😂😂😂

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I'm not trying to be one of those "exclusives" guy but there's a reason people still buy Nintendo products. They're an experience, ones that are very specific to the console. I can honestly say I still to this day think RE4, Killer 7, Wind Waker and plenty of others still feel at home on the Gamecube and gamecube only. The controller plays a big part in that.

I think as much your mindset is great, letting everyone enjoy the games they want, they want they want on the platforms they want is the dream but isn't the reality.

yeah I got what you mean .. I'm big fan of games since Atari ( good old days ) then PS got me to the end , but still I believe each device is characterized by its distinctive games for many years but if the gaming industry plan to share games then its not the end of the world still I'll stick to my favorite controller on my lovely couch playing games I like ..

VertigoOA

Banned
Meh...

How about some good stuff. Bloodborne, GoW and GT. Then we can start the hype train

if it’s b-tier stuff like gravity rush, PlayStation all stars and infamous... meh.. that can stay in the 5$ k-mart bin.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member

What are you guys smoking if you think Sony are going to put their PS5 games on the PC in the next 3 years?
If you can wait that long then fine you're in a minority and you were never going to buy a PS5 anyway but if you think for one second this is going to affect the sales of the PS5 then you're crazy,
I dunno, I think Sony sees the money. They will probably do a mix between timed and console exclusives on PS5. Regardless, to be able to match the power of the PS5 in a PC, it's gonna cost you way more than $399-499. Good for those who already have beefy PCs, but that price tag is gonna deter a lot of console gamers from getting a PC.

VertigoOA

Banned
I only see this as Sony throwing peanuts. How long after Halo:CE PC release did it take MS to do this?

I’m mostly expecting Sony to put some of its biggest sellers after they’ve had their console run.

Going Pc only is more tempting than ever but I won’t wait 3 years for Bloodborne 2 post console release.

Last edited:

Godfall is.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Many first party ps4 games can already be played on PC via PS Now..... god of war, horizon, us, bloods borne and more.

As for PS5 era games, MLB has already been announced by the league as a multiplat game coming in 2021, so chances of a PC version is very good.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, im expecting all of Sony's first party games to go to PC starting with PS5 and obviously some PS4 exclusives as well. Dreams didn't even come to mind but damn, it's a perfect fit for PC.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Personally, im expecting all of Sony's first party games to go to PC starting with PS5 and obviously some PS4 exclusives as well. Dreams didn't even come to mind but damn, it's a perfect fit for PC.
Better fit on PC since modding/building community on PC is 10x more than any console building game.

And with kB/m it makes it much easier too.

manfestival

I still can't see Dreams having some sorta mass appeal. Makes total sense for a game like Dreams to be put on PC where it can at least be exposed to a bigger market. It just seems like a niche side project more than an actual marketable game and probably doomed as an investment considering how long it has been around and how little actual mainstream interest it has received. In b4 that one guy that anecdotally tries to be the counter argument for these statements.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I'm not sure what your angle is here. Do you think PS5 will release games simultaneously on PC and PS5 in the future? Is that what you're getting at?

Dreams isn't a traditional game. I mean have you seen it? Of course it's an exception. It's not a game designed to sell PS4s by any means and again Sony isn't interesting in selling PS4s all that much anymore. The generation is over it's done.. who cares if the games make it over to PC.
I fully except games like God of War and others to make an appearance on PC in the future as well and I fully expect you to be back to me saying "HAHA you said 3 years God of War is only 2 years LOLZ"

The lack of a bigger picture sense is astounding in these fanboy threads.
Some of the posters in here I wouldn't trust selling Lemonade in a lemonade stand.
Well, um, MLB will be going multi platinum day and date?

People been saying for years Sony would follow suit with releasing games on PC too. Maybe not at the start, but this is just the start. Money is made in software. The metric for success isn't so cut and dry anymore with hardware. It hasn't been for a while. GaF just seems to live in a bubble.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Sony should just do what they do best and march to the beat of their own drum, stop listening to the opinions of whats good for the brand or what will rake in more money. These are pc warriors who beg for almost every console title to hit the platform, yet consoles are plebs?... let historically proven consoles that hove stayed at 3rd place continue to talk and mentally massage its fanbase with noise.. just do you sony... as the sony of past has done and be a industry lead alongside nintendo.
And that's why arm chair warriors need to learn to stay in their lane. If Sony stays stagnant in an industry that's constantly moving forward, they'll whither off and die. They gotta level up. They gotta follow the tech and new business models. And they will.

kyoji

And that's why arm chair warriors need to learn to stay in their lane. If Sony stays stagnant in an industry that's constantly moving forward, they'll whither off and die. They gotta level up. They gotta follow the tech and new business models. And they will.
because being the industry leader since they entered the playing field is stagnant right? selling 100 mil + consoles 3 out of 4 gens thus far really points to that. following companys who have yet to show any real results outside of talking a big game is not the wave, but maybe they should look into hiring more astro turfers to change the perception

Pejo

I really hope with all of these PC releases, we get cross-play. I know for FPS/TPS it's less desirable due to how busted mouse aiming is, but i'd love to be able to play with my PS4 fanboy friends without having to double dip on PC and Playstation consoles.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Please do not put words in my mouth, I simply stated that people will make any and every excuse to why Sony games are appearing on the pc and yes I believe, IN THE FUTURE, Sony will indeed start releasing their games simultaneously with said PC versions.

And I stick what my logic, why now and not when Microsoft started doing this very same thing. It's not rocket science, the money from pc users have been there for years fir Sony to take advantage of so why all of a sudden to it now when they are leading in sales amoung other things.

Noone has yet to explain this.

This isn't really a "now" thing. Sony has been experimenting with this for awhile with Japanese devs. Street Fighter V is the one that comes to mind where they helped fund the game and it still came to PC. Death Stranding is the other and while that has yet to come to PC, they have also let Quantic Dream start Publishing elsewhere. Its been writing on the wall for awhile they were looking into this. It makes sense to get as many players as possible to buy software. Software will always be the driving factor.

I expect these games to come to the epic store due to the lower cut they take.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This was to be expected and good news. The mods would be insane.

Even PlayStation fans were saying it would make sense to treat this IP like Minecraft.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Better fit on PC since modding/building community on PC is 10x more than any console building game.

And with kB/m it makes it much easier too.

Agreed. Not my type of game but the creations some have made is insane.

Larxia

Meh...

How about some good stuff. Bloodborne, GoW and GT. Then we can start the hype train

if it’s b-tier stuff like gravity rush, PlayStation all stars and infamous... meh.. that can stay in the 5$ k-mart bin.
Well as far as I'm concerned Gravity Rush is the exclusive I'd like to play the most.

Ar¢tos

How would you even set the thermometers for the dreams on pc, since there so many possible pc configurations?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Releasing games on PC isn't a win for Microsoft if they can't sell consoles, I think SONY getting involved in the PC market is not a big deal but SONY fans should be outraged.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Ahhhh the good old "he's xbox fanboy argument, don't believe him". But when he shits on ms hes a "credible" source.

I wouldn't give him time of day irrespective of what platform he's commenting upon due to his association with an outlet I hold in low regard.

*Also, I couldn't give a toss about Sony publishing on PC. Its just not a big deal to me.

Last edited:

sendit

you know what ...

PS now , Stadia and all the streaming apps or whatever cloud shit WE DONT NEED IT

just release every game on every console + PC .. let the people enjoy the variety of games on their favorite console

no matter the games that going to PC I'm sure many players prefer Consoles .. so why not ?

Benefits to players :

More games
editable settings ( PC players )

Benefits to Companies :

$

^
^

this is a dream

Development time of adapting each game to a different platform. Streaming solves this problem.

SleepDoctor

Banned

Can you even name a ps5 game not named godfall??? Nice try tho 🤣🤣🤣

thelastword

Banned
And it sure won't be the last :D no point in getting an PS5, since their multiplat games are even worse looking compared to Series X lol
Borrow me yourt Series X and your PS5...….I didn't know you got it so early.....You lucky guy...
Godfall, first announced PS5 game is already confirmed on PC too.
Godfall is.
Godfall is not a first party game and even then it's exclusive to PS5......People should not expect GT7, Spiderman 2 and GOW 2 to hit PC.....Some of the older PS4 games can possibly make the cut, but selective at best....

mcjmetroid

Borrow me yourt Series X and your PS5...….I didn't know you got it so early.....You lucky guy...

Godfall is not a first party game and even then it's exclusive to PS5......People should not expect GT7, Spiderman 2 and GOW 2 to hit PC.....Some of the older PS4 games can possibly make the cut, but selective at best....
I cannot believe 3 people responded godfall when my post was about Sony games.

I'm taking it people haven't done their homework and haven't even done a tiny bit of research on the only announced PS5 game before coming in to shit on the PS5?

SleepDoctor

Banned
I cannot believe 3 people responded godfall when my post was about Sony games.

I'm taking it people haven't done their homework and haven't even done a tiny bit of research on the only announced PS5 game before coming in to shit on the PS5?

Lacking reading comprehension of course. No need to repeat myself if you're too emotional to even understand what you're saying lol.

Kokoloko85

Lol twitter guy making it sound like its an advantage not being exclusive lol and microsoft has an advantage,,.... Horizon is 3 years old at this point.
Just remember who sold 100+ Million consoles and had the best exclusive games this gen and who sold under 50 million consoles and hasnt been that impressive with their own studios exclusives. Microsoft has a great way of promoting themselves... ms employee’s i mean xbox fans seem to be trying to twist everything now days Lol.... the 360 days aint coming back boys

hunthunt

Banned
Im pretty sure they are preparing their own PlayStation Store for Windows in a close future, they have a giant portfolio and want more money for more first party games and Im ok with that.

Top Bottom