• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drew Scanlon is leaving Giant Bomb

cordy

Banned
florida-damn-o.gif

Wasn't watching, but might have been a joke because of the meme?

He said he was planning this for a while, just that the whole Meme thing coincided very well to him actually leaving. Also said he is not working for another company, not working with Danny, Solo Venture and will allow him to travel more.

Fireblend

Banned
This sucks. GB West is taking some significant loses :(

Good for Drew though, he's obviously motivated for whatever comes next and he probably felt like his career was stagnating at GB. I know the feeling.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Hope they get some new people in soon. GBW gotten a bit weak since Dan left, this doesn't help.

Anticol

Banned
Wow, are they already looking for people to bring to GB West or haven;t started yet? Cause now that Drew is leaving, UPF is gonna be just Rorie and Jeff/Brad? Wth...

Zomba13

Damn, guess North Korea decided to activate Drew seeing how America is fucked with an orange in charge. Makes sense though, perfect time to strike.

DesuNe

Huge blow to Giantbomb! We love you Drew, you gave us some amazing content and helped guide GB to where it is today. All the best for the future in whatever you do and good luck on your piloting!!

icespide

Banned
I'm getting pretty close to the point where I might just unsubscribe from the giantbombcast. Jeff and Brad need other voices to balance it out. I already skip the email sections

I can't remember, was he the one playing through FF6?

Does this mean we'll never hear the end of the FF6 saga? :(

I'm getting pretty close to the point where I might just unsubscribe from the giantbombcast. Jeff and Brad need other voices to balance it out. I already skip the email sections

It's really remarkable how they tend to bleed into each other in terms of opinion and discussion.

That sucks so bad. He became the soul of GBwest.. or at least the only one who gave a shit over there. Good luck, Drew.

edit: They should just disolve GBwest and have Jeff and Brad go to the East coast.. There's no life left in GBwest.

Obligatory:

whiguyblink.gif

Best of luck to Drew. But this also means the GB crew is slowly getting smaller and smaller, as I don't think there have been any new hires since Austin left and Dan went to NYC?

Top Bottom