• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drink of Choice

Melon

Banned
This thread is being made for Sandyman Sandyman

Hello Neogaf, I have come to ask you what your drink of choice is? Be it beer, liquor, or a cocktail. Post your favorite drink or cocktail recipe here!

My favorite drink: I like whiskeys, especially bourbons. My bourbons of choice are Rebecca Creek, 1776, and Old Forester 1922.

My favorite cocktail is one I learned in Italy’s bar; Lovecraft

Yog Sour’toth

• Wild Turkey 81 proof bourbon
  • Bergamot Liquor
  • Honey mix
  • Fresh lemon juice
  • 4 drops of Creme de cassis.

Shake it up and put it in cocktail glass. Add the 4 drops of creme de cassis and serve.

i dont mind a whiskey sour those are nice

do that shit dirty as fuck, no measurements

Article-Best-Whiskey-Sour-Cocktail-Recipe-1-1000x617.jpg

whiskey
lemon juice
1 eggwhite
sugar

whatever amount you want just put it all in a protein shake bottle shake that bitch up real good

mekes

My fave is a good Old Fashioned, preferably with a quality bourbon. I cant drink many of them, but it’s my special treat drink if I’m out having a few drinks. A local bar to me used to make a cherry twist on an old fashioned which I really enjoyed. I kept the recipe. Bulleit rye, Luxardo, Martini Rosso, Bathtub cherry brandy and Peychauds bitters. They changed the menu a year back so I stopped going!

A really nice cocktail is the French House cocktail. Infuse gin with thinly sliced strawberries for a week or so. Freshly squeezed lime and a little tarragon. It is REALLY good. Its freshly sweet but not overly, the tarragon gives it a nice slight aniseed kick. Made well it combines really well, nothing too strong, just a very well balanced drink. Anybody in London, you can find it in Hawksmoor restaurants.

Last edited:

Sandyman

Neo Member
My fave is a good Old Fashioned, preferably with a quality bourbon. I cant drink many of them, but it’s my special treat drink if I’m out having a few drinks.

A really nice cocktail is the French House cocktail. Infuse gin with thinly sliced strawberries for a week or so. Freshly squeezed lime and a little tarragon. It is REALLY good. Its freshly sweet but not overly, the tarragon gives it a nice slight aniseed kick. Made well it combines really well, nothing too strong, just a very well balanced drink. Anybody in London, you can find it in Hawksmoor restaurants.
I once had a drink in Italy that’s literally just this:

Rye whiskey
Red vermouth
Gin

It hurt me. But it was tasty. It was the only time I liked something with gin in it.

mekes

I once had a drink in Italy that’s literally just this:

Rye whiskey
Red vermouth
Gin

It hurt me. But it was tasty. It was the only time I liked something with gin in it.

Haha. I have a thing for short cocktails but I definitely can’t have too many of them. I seem to be the only one in my group of friends who likes them! They definitely grew on me, the first one of its type that I had, it took me forever to drink 😂

Sandyman

Neo Member
Haha. I have a thing for short cocktails but I definitely can’t have too many of them. I seem to be the only one in my group of friends who likes them! They definitely grew on me, the first one of its type that I had, it took me forever to drink 😂
I’m literally the only person my age group I know that likes whiskey.

Grinchy

Banned
I rarely drink any alcohol, but I have come to like Johnnie Walker Black when I do. My dad really likes buying a couple bottles for when we meet up for Christmas. I still have about 3/4 of a bottle that I brought home with me from that visit. Haven't touched it yet, but one of these quarantined days, I'll probably get into it.

I always considered those fancy cocktails to be for snobby pussies.
I drink whiskey, sometimes whiskey and coke, beer and ocasionally Wine mixed with coke.

Liquid Cocaine. Equal parts Jägermeister, Goldschlager and 151. You can get it flaming if you want to be fancy. When I used to order rounds this is what I usually got. It'll get you there.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I used to drink a lot of Southern Comfort years ago. I still enjoy it and i usually go for it when i'm drinking outside.

During summer i may prefer beer (Guinness) though.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Jameson. On the rocks.
I don't really drink these days, but I'll have 1 or 5 Jameson's once a month.

*Nightwing

1200px-Pepsi_logo_2014.svg.png

Edit: seriously and joke song aside, I've beaten alcohol, cocaine, and nicotine addiction... kidney stone 5 times and I can't quit Pepsi. It's my one addiction I can't quit

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I don't enjoy alcohol really, but if I'm going to make a drink, Gin & Tonic.

Coffee, Tea, Coke, milk, or water all other times.

Last edited:

deafmedal

Out and about: Tito's- straight, no chaser
Home: Crystal Skull- straight, no chaser
Lakewood Temptress- favorite beer ever, don't drink too often as it'll pack on the pounds
Left Hand Milk/Nitro stouts- see above.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Double crown and coke.

And there better be a lime in that bitch or you're getting throat punched.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
istock_000016684739_medium_custom-d568bc408034e054c3af11b6c94bd062a9183867-s800-c85.jpg

If I'm on vacation in France I really like this stuff too
sAj3XDD.jpg

Or a good Leffe is pretty bomb too

Last edited:

mekes

What’s the deal with egg white in cocktails

Smoothes the texture of the drink a tiny bit plus you get a foamy top to a drink that otherwise wouldn’t have one. I’m not a fan personally, but I’ve had a few drinks with them that were okay. My partner just flat out asks that they are removed. Bartenders (sorry, mixologists 🤡) sometimes get really funny with her and refuse to make the drink. They can be a funny lot...

I'm a gin guy myself. Go to drink at the bar is a gin and tonic. If I'm drinking a cocktail it's going to be a Singapore Sling. Highly underrated drink in my opinion. My Canadian side loves a good Caesar for around lunchtime as well.

Beers I tend to favour cheap garbage because beer is beer and I don't buy into that whole craft scene. I like Tecate and Corona (rip) during the summer and the rest of the year I'll drink Bud. Although we did get Lone Star up here in Canada just recently which reminds me of good times had down in Texas. Wouldn't mind if Dixie came up here as well but I doubt that one will ever happen.

But I'll drink anything because I'm a degenerate.

Simple drink: Mimosa or Tequila Sunrise.

A bit more time-consuming: Sex on the Beach. The name is what catches the ear, but it's really a darned good drink. The cranberry juice is key--I like 100% cranberry juice, so I put in liberal amounts of it.

Domisto

For something short, Amaro. It's a bitter-sweet herbal liquer. I'll try anything but Averna is solid.

For something more, Red Vermouth. Spain has been going crazy for Vermut lately and makes loads of good stuff.

For something long, a nice fresh cider.

Top cocktails - Old fashioned or Negroni.

I've quit the beer but the best stuff is very dark and thicc.

Top Bottom