• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub (Evolution Studios/PS4) announcement trailer. [PS3 WHEELS ARE SUPPORTED]

Megasoum

Banned
I really wish mods would take out the PS3 wheel thing from the topic since it's not true. Breaks my heart everytime I see it.

jett

D-Member
The size of the jaggies in the 1080p video almost make the game seem like it's not actually running at a full 1080p.

That'd be fine, though.
If it's now running at 60fps!

edit: It is 1080p.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm so confused about this game... I love it so much, but did Evolution ever confirm the framerate? I've heard that it was 60... then 30, now 60 again?

orioto

Good Art™
The size of the jaggies in the 1080p video almost make the game seem like it's not actually running at a full 1080p.

That'd be fine, though.
If it's now running at 60fps!

Actually, i didn't really noticed any sign of lower res, axcept, but that may be nothing, the crisp font of the ui looks almost not coherent with the game.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Actually, i didn't really noticed any sign of lower res, axcept, but that may be nothing, the crisp font of the ui looks almost not coherent with the game.

I wouldn't use youtube footage as an indication of anything, their encoder seems to prioritize text, especially.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They're targeting 60fps, but they don't know if they'll get there.
But it should be ready for launch in less than two months! Can they switch from 60 to 30 and vice-versa that much, without the data taking damage?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
But it should be ready for launch in less than two months! Can they switch from 60 to 30 and vice-versa that much, without the data taking damage?

Launch titles tend to evolve a lot as SDKs and knowledge of the hardware evolve very quickly in the last few months of development. Anything could happen, really.

Putty

They're targeting 60fps, but they don't know if they'll get there.

I don't think they will. I think realistically they knew...but i'm sure they did things internally (cut back) to see what running at 60 would do to the overall presentation. I know we're only a few months from launch, and obviously the vids so far have no other cars on track, and yet there are dips into the 20's. I think 30fps will of been the long term target with everything chucked at it. Love to be surprised if they achieved it but i'm expecting 30.

Yoshichan

And what exactly takes the "hit" if they go with 60fps? Less trees? Worse lighting during the day? Worse textures on the road?

I have bad news about your sDetector
KuGsj.gif

It is way off... damn it!

Putty

And what exactly takes the "hit" if they go with 60fps? Less trees? Worse lighting during the day? Worse textures on the road?

Would be many things really. I think the lighting will be one of the biggest resource strains, but given this aspect of the game is quite fundamental in the bigger scheme of things, they would of left pretty much untouched.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Got all videos, it's basically raw quality footage so the encoding at 35 mbits max should look nice and crisp. I expect around 750 to 850 MB per video.
First video in more or less 30 minutes, unless I did something wrong with the encoding :)

patchday

Having been playing GT5 a lot recently, I think people are put off by how much is going on in Driveclub.

A lot of tracks are very plain in GT, especially the real racing venues.

I'd much rather drive along a real track than a fantasy one. When I turn on my TV and watch a real race (or visit the real life version of the track), I like to see the actual details. NFS Shift added some extra eye candy along many of their tracks which upset some folks who actually visited the real thing (Willow Springs).

I could go into more detail why its important to try to be as accurate as possible. Virtual sim racers want to feel the same bumps along the surface. 'Some' of us also want to keep the same decor around the track so we are using them as a proper point of reference, etc

To be clear, yes I am defending GT's dedication to accuracy to their 'plain' tracks. They got that part right

Here is a gif from today's new trailer to make the wait for the uncompressed vids a bit easier.

6Gq9.gif

Looks great, thank you

Arukado

Got all videos, it's basically raw quality footage so the encoding at 35 mbits max should look nice and crisp. I expect around 750 to 850 MB per video.
First video in more or less 30 minutes, unless I did something wrong with the encoding :)

Warblegarble_4f9e64_4768288.gif

Looking forward to them.

patchday

You and me both. I'm surprised such blatantly false and unproven info is allowed to be in a title.

According to the devs DriveClub supports the wheels on their end as stated in their tweet right? Granted, the wheel makers have yet to confirm this statement is true. So not saying you're wrong--- but it gives me a little hope seeing it there in the title. It's like- positive reinforcement. I like the title for that purpose.

Megasoum

Banned
According to the devs DriveClub supports the wheels on their end as stated in their tweet right? Granted, the wheel makers have yet to confirm this statement is true. So not saying you're wrong--- but it gives me a little hope seeing it there in the title. It's like- positive reinforcement. I like the title for that purpose.

All the devs said is that the game supports the PS4 supported wheels (aka the driveclub wheel that was announced recently). But since none of the PS3 wheels are announced as supported for PS4 then, until confirmed otherwise, none of the PS3 wheels work on PS4.

Heh, I remember it being said that it was up to the manufacturer, which is good, because I think Thomas would rather see his stuff work and be an option.

Damn, work connection am cry.

Top Bottom