• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub (Evolution Studios/PS4) announcement trailer. [PS3 WHEELS ARE SUPPORTED]

izZWw9j6v7tvJ.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm interested, as it's one of the first Next Gen racers I've heard about, but I'm curious what they'll do with team racing. It wasn't all that in PGR4, and doesn't bring the same satisfaction solo racing does.

Something about how it looks looks.. off.. to me. It almost looked like the lighting didn't do the rest of the game's detail justice. Looks really real in some places and gamey in others.

BAC Mono in a game though :3

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
It was nice to see the guy being so enthusiastic about this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I thought these graphics were just too much. I'd get this game just to look at it. I liked the weather/time/season thing.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm interested, as it's one of the first Next Gen racers I've heard about, but I'm curious what they'll do with team racing. It wasn't all that in PGR4, and doesn't bring the same satisfaction solo racing does.

Something about how it looks looks.. off.. to me. It almost looked like the lighting didn't do the rest of the game's detail justice. Looks really real in some places and gamey in others.

BAC Mono in a game though :3
BAC Mono is also in the latest Need for Speed game, too. :p

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I thought these graphics were just too much. I'd get this game just to look at it. I liked the weather/time/season thing.

Before the guy hopped on the car I thought that the head movement was very realistic, obviously it went static once inside but I hope that they change this.

Really enjoyed this (and dude's enthusiasm). Love that they're going full first-person too, hope it works out for them. The core racing fan should love that at least, and that will be the target early on, I suppose.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The stopgap game till GT6 comes out.

This kinda reminds what Test Drive Unlimited was trying to do, but just did not work due to poor netcode and car handling / gameplay mechanics overall.

Must agree with everyone else who said it does look fantastic though. Will wait to see the announcement of what cars will be in the game though.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Yeah, along with the Ariel Atom V8 for your street legal go kart goodness.

I can't believe someone stuffed a V8 into an Ariel Atom. That thing must be easy to drive... sideways into a tree.

Duriii

Love that attention to detail and ability to open everything in the car. Koenigsegg engine bay moment, with all those closing animations and proper hand placing on things...

But I'm still not sure, if it's going to be more on pure arcade side or closer to something like PGR?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
He obviously likes cars. Kaz would be like that too if he didn't have translator san.

jaydogg691

This is the best thing for me that was shown at the press conference. A racing game from Evo using licensed cars with extreme detail sounds great to me. This game is giving me a lot of PGR 3 vibe back when the 360 was being announced and I played the hell out PGR 3. Hopefully this will be a launch title for the PS4 because I really want to play this game.

mothball

It looks as good as Project CARS... and this is just the start of the generation.

GT6 is going to be absolutely insane as long as they don't pull that standard/premium thing again.

As i've said before, this is what Need for Speed should have been a long time ago. Of course it's too early to call it, but it feels like it captures the old NFS feel from the 90's. Arcade racers are still viable, if done right.

This will be a great game if they nail the handling of it.

I like GT a lot, and i can surely like a game like this.

Loved the presentation.

vgJames

Banned
The presenter had a car fetish that scared me. Otherwise I can get behind the idea of the game, expanding the autolog feature set EA has came to use and built in the 'team' aspect a lot of racing fans had to do themselves outside of the game world on other titles like Forza.

I'll wait to see more of the actual gameplay though, see how much effort went into the racing compared to the structure. Seems as though Sony doesn't repeat the GT5-delay situation so held off announcing GT6 for now, and filled the gap with Drive Club.

Aesthetically wise it looked good but I was slightly disappointed when you consider how much racing titles often push the visuals... I cannot wait to see what Turn 10 and Polyphonic especially have to offer us next gen.

Durante

The presenter for this was amazing. I have little interest in cars, but it's like if I was presenting Titan or something. Tons of passion :p

Type_Raver

Sweet IQ, though i have to admit its not far removed when compared to pcars in its current state.

But, just show me GT6 already!

Double H

Spotted a RUF logo so Porsche is out. Promising selection of cars, nice to have an alternative taste of roster on the PS platform.

Fantastic variety of car sounds, Evolution delivers where PD flurps. Curious to know if any asset sharing has taken place. Models, shaders etc…

The road marking around the corner is kinda low poly.

But urm, yep looks nice enough.

Fantastic variety of car sounds, Evolution delivers where PD flurps. Curious to know if any asset sharing has taken place. Models, shaders etc…

Well I'd hope so, it would be absurd not to. But you never know what kind of silly pride issues and infighting might arise. Then again, some in house competition could be a good thing.

Top Bottom