• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub (Evolution Studios/PS4) announcement trailer. [PS3 WHEELS ARE SUPPORTED]

mazillion

Anybody know if drive club will have visible damage to vehicles. May seem petty but it's kind of a big deal to me. I want a driving game with GTA IV quality vehicle destruction at least.. :/

Liamario

Banned
FYI there will be a new and updated demo at Gamescom next month :)

Good job. I played the first 2 motorstorms and enjoyed them (though they had some problems). From what I can tell in the driveclub footage, the handling looks like a lot of fun. I really hope you hit that 60hz. It's what is going to decide whether I buy this game or not.

R3TRODYCE

Man we really need some direct feed footage. When they were cutting between shots of the original trailer and the demo footage, it looks like a joke. Really strange that this is the only upcoming exclusive Sony seems unwilling to do that with - I guess it must just be really unfinished, but does that mean the original trailers were bullshit? Not again, Evo.
My thoughts exactly, great initial trailer but the game play doesn't look anything like that but I'll take the wait and see approach.

p3tran

Banned
the better this game can be, the better for everybody.

please add some interesting (realistic) driving mechanics, and make them available by choice or by difficulty level, so that you can cater to more than the casual arcade racers out there.

magawolaz

FYI there will be a new and updated demo at Gamescom next month :)
iGD2GNWV4qYLc.gif

GameSeeker

Can we get some Direct Feed at Gamescom?

I think this is an important piece of feedback for Evolution as well as the other sister Sony studios.

1) We want direct feed gameplay. Having to rely on off-screen footage does the game a disservice.
2) We want the footage in a high quality format. The poor compression/bitrate of YouTube destroys much of the detail and beauty of the new worlds you folks are creating. Figure out someway to release high quality footage along side the standard YouTube videos.

i-Lo

I think this is an important piece of feedback for Evolution as well as the other sister Sony studios.

1) We want direct feed gameplay. Having to rely on off-screen footage does the game a disservice.
2) We want the footage in a high quality format. The poor compression/bitrate of YouTube destroys much of the detail and beauty of the new worlds you folks are creating. Figure out someway to release high quality footage along side the standard YouTube videos.

Hopefully, they'll provide their video to gamersyde.com.

SilentFlyer

So 250,000 polygons per car??
That seems incredibly low.

From what I can remember
PGR3 - 100,000+ polygon car.
Forza 4 - 300,000+ polygons per car.
GT5 & Project CARS - 500,0000 polygons per car.

I think it was said that Forza 5 is to have cars be made up in the millions of polygons range.

Probably a mistake. Turn 10 claims they have 400k of polygons in Forza 3, and those car models were mostly crap.

Doesn't seems to be a mistake. The question is that are those polygons in-game or in photo-mode. Because Rushy replied

@ixYi The actual in-game models you race with average 250,000 - Not photo mode, front end or maya models which are often used for quotes.

Portugeezer

Indeed. Next gen is all about the image quality and it's sad to rely on off screen footage which pretty much kills detail and makes it harder to tell the difference from current gen.

Funny how this gen off screen would help games look a bit better, next gen it makes them look worse.

Doesn't seems to be a mistake. The question is that are those polygons in-game or in photo-mode. Because Rushy replied

Basically the Driveclub gameplay models will be of similar quality to photo mode in last gen games. And at launch. I always thought the photo mode models look ridiculously good so I'm okay with this, but then on next gen consoles you have better textures and whatnot to go with it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Indeed. Next gen is all about the image quality and it's sad to rely on off screen footage which pretty much kills detail and makes it harder to tell the difference from current gen.

Funny how this gen off screen would help games look a bit better, next gen it makes them look worse.

Preach. I think direct feed, uncompressed footage is even more important for next gen racing games considering how accustomed gamers are to looking at current gen bullshots and photo mode captures. The differences are not very apparent in these horrible off screen videos.

bud

So 250,000 polygons per car??
That seems incredibly low.

From what I can remember
PGR3 - 100,000+ polygon car.
Forza 4 - 300,000+ polygons per car.
GT5 & Project CARS - 500,0000 polygons per car.

I think it was said that Forza 5 is to have cars be made up in the millions of polygons range.

i'm pretty sure gt5's cars are around 250k-300k polygons.

edit:

AW: What did it take to create GT5 Prologue?

KY: We have 120 people working on the game, 40 of whom are car modelers. Roughly speaking, it's taken us three years and 320,000 man-hours to get this far. For the very first Gran Turismo, one car model took us an average of one day to create. It now takes us 180 days to do one car. In GT4, we used 4000 to 5000 polygons to create one car. That's basically the number of polygons in one car's light assembly in GT5 Prologue, where a whole car is on average 200,000 polygons.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20071119/free/71119002.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Hopefully, they'll provide their video to gamersyde.com.

I like the way you think ;)
Anyway, we'll be at Gamescom and hopefully by that time we'll have master our new camera so we'll be able to make some great offscreen footage of that new demo :)

Saberus

still looks like ass.

I am playing Motorstorm 2 these days and that game looks great and is fun! this game looks like ass and plays like ass

You played it??

As for looks, I think it looks good, but its to early to judge right now, next month should give us an better idea what to expect.

Also..little side note.. I switched over to mac now and whats up with the cool Gifs killing my browser.. aaaaaaak.

You played it??

As for looks, I think it looks good, but its to early to judge right now, next month should give us an better idea what to expect.

I am just saying...you could FEEL the fun factor even while watching the videos of Motostorm. 16 players, open levels, chaotic racing.

Here we have one car with ridge racer handling, a narrow boring look track and that's it...

still looks like ass.

I am playing Motorstorm 2 these days and that game looks great and is fun! this game looks like ass and plays like ass

I think it looks really fun, there's a video of someone who know how to play it and he's drifting smoothly around corner etc that remind me of Ridge Racer a little bit. really looking forward for PS+ edition with strong possibility to upgrade to full version.

I am just saying...you could FEEL the fun factor even while watching the videos of Motostorm. 16 players, open levels, chaotic racing.

Here we have one car with ridge racer handling, a narrow boring look track and that's it...

oh come one, the handling won't be anything like Ridge Racer, I'm hoping it's gonna be a little bit more complex than that. anyway, I always like evolution handling in their games, motorstorm series have great handling, and even the motorstorm rc games have really really good handling that's super satisfying when I manage to get that 1 perfect lines in a corner

oh come one, the handling won't be anything like Ridge Racer, I'm hoping it's gonna be a little bit more complex than that. anyway, I always like evolution handling in their games, motorstorm series have great handling, and even the motorstorm rc games have really really good handling that's super satisfying when I manage to get that 1 perfect lines in a corner

I dunno, I am not feeling this game at all. It just looks so fucking boring even when compared to that new Need For Speed game.

Those original bullshots were nice though

Chamber

love on your sleeve
still looks like ass.

I dunno, I am not feeling this game at all. It just looks so fucking boring even when compared to that new Need For Speed game.

Those original bullshots were nice though

Work. In. Progress.

Say it with me now.

THIS! THIS! THIS!

NEED WIPEOUT ON PS4 DANG IT!

honestly, unless they change the game drastically, I'd say leave wipeout alone. we got quite a few wipeout games for ps3, psp and even vita, but they really just felt like 1 game with track expansion, all plays mostly the same too. if Wipeout ps4 is just the same game and handling with prettier graphics, then I'd say just leave the game alone.

now if they're adding some kind of oculus rift support with 1st person cockpit view, then yes by all mean, make a new wiipeout please.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Can't wait to see the new updated demo. Should look absolutely fantastic.

I will cross my fingers for 60fps too. But we will see.

Korezo

Is this game even being developed using a wheel? Games like GT and forza are demoed in wheels because the game plays best and is meant to be played with wheels, while the guys at Driveclub don't even know what wheel is going to be supported. This game will probably get tacked on wheel support and play like crap like Burnout paradise wheel gameplay.

ethomaz

Banned
Is this game even being developed using a wheel? Games like GT and forza are demoed in wheels because the game plays best and is meant to be played with wheels, while the guys at Driveclub don't even know what wheel is going to be supported. This game will probably get tacked on wheel support and play like crap like Burnout paradise wheel gameplay.
If I'm not wrong Forza is developed with controller and after implemented the wheels support... GT are developed with wheels and after implemented the controller support.

I think how you develop is not a big deal but how you implement the wheel support in the game... you can added a great wheel support even after finish the game development.

Raymo

I'm thinking the same. I wouldn't count on well-implemented wheel support at launch based on what they were saying.

Top Bottom