• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub (Evolution Studios/PS4) announcement trailer. [PS3 WHEELS ARE SUPPORTED]

I wish they would just confirm 60FPS already. They aren't doing themselves any favors teasing 60 if they aren't going to hit that mark. Just setting themselves up for disappointment.

i'm pretty sure gt5's cars are around 250k-300k polygons.

edit:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20071119/free/71119002.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gt5-500k-polygons-a-car
Kazunori Yamauchi: “We had maybe 300 polygons in a car in the first game. Now we have about 500,000 polygons in each car. Back then, pieces of the car were more like symbols. Now they are real and reflect light.”

Of course, I assume that is on the high end & on a few select cars.

That said, having a next gen racer with the same amount of polygons is disheartening.
I mean Forza 5 is on a completely different level.

ShamePain

Banned
So Forza 5's cars have 4 times the amount of polygons of DC's. And the amount of cars on track is yet unknown, but Turn10 aims to have more than in Forza 4, which had 12 offline, 16 online. That's a pretty big difference to me.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Polygon counts are literally the worst metric to measure anything whatsoever.

So Forza 5's cars have 4 times the amount of polygons of DC's. And the amount of cars on track is yet unknown, but Turn10 aims to have more than in Forza 4, which had 12 offline, 16 online. That's a pretty big difference to me.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gt5-500k-polygons-a-car

Of course, I assume that is on the high end & on a few select cars.

That said, having a next gen racer with the same amount of polygons is disheartening.
I mean Forza 5 is on a completely different level.

Turn 10 also claimed to have 300-400k polygon cars in Forza 3. Turns out, it was closer to 45k in game and less than 200k in photomode.

Polygon counts literally mean less than nothing. Look at the cars for yourself. Do they look good? Great! Mission accomplished.

RaijinFY

What are you talking about? It's the same off screen handheld footage like with every other video I seen.
When is Evolution going to start showing footage that is more than 35% done.

Also when I read Kotaku, I was expecting them to crash in the u-turn section harder than anyone that has played the demo build before.

iW6uXHIG4qH0l.gif

I was correct.
I'm surprised they didn't glitch out of the track the way they played lol.

One thing is sure though, the game looks a lot more colourful than what the trailers have shown so far.

This had to be done in purpose. I mean, I'm sure Schreier has to have played at least a racing game in his life.

I felt so bad for the developer watching the video.

Good lord, it's nearly unwatchable.

Struggling around turns is one thing. But the constant twitching of the right stick to adjust the view? That makes no sense.

gruenel

Looks like Amazon Germany is currently sending out Driveclub coupon codes for those who preordered a PS4... coupon codes worth €49, so you can preorder the game for just €20. That's pretty awesome, I guess even the upgrade from the PS+ version will be more expensive. Right now it's the #1 video game bestseller because of this.

murgo

Looks like Amazon Germany is currently sending out Driveclub coupon codes for those who preordered a PS4... coupon codes worth €49, so you can preorder the game for just €20. That's pretty awesome, I guess even the upgrade from the PS+ version will be more expensive.

Yeah, I got that mail as well. I'm not really sure if I should take the bait though. How much do you guys think they'll charge for the PS+ upgrade?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This had to be done in purpose. I mean, I'm sure Schreier has to have played at least a racing game in his life.

I felt so bad for the developer watching the video.

i remember playing evolution studios wrc 3 at an e3 years ago and it was twitchy as hell. i'm a very experienced racing gamer and i probably looked like that playing that game. i have no idea if the final shipped game was like that, but i definitely can imagine that another racer by (mostly) the same team could be in a similar state prior to launch.

EDIT: wtached the video completely. seems a bit twitchy maybe, but the real "problem" it seems is impacts seem to send the car out of control. which it should. doesnt look like a game you'll be able to constantly scrub walls and other cars and set record times, thats for sure.

gruenel

Yeah, I got that mail as well. I'm not really sure if I should take the bait though. How much do you guys think they'll charge for the PS+ upgrade?

No clue but I can't imagine it being less than €20. Since I prefer physical games anyway, I just preordered the game now.

Robbok

Looks like Amazon Germany is currently sending out Driveclub coupon codes for those who preordered a PS4... coupon codes worth €49, so you can preorder the game for just €20. That's pretty awesome, I guess even the upgrade from the PS+ version will be more expensive. Right now it's the #1 video game bestseller because of this.

Yeah, they got me with that, too. I had not planned to purchase driveclub @ launchday, because PS+ edition is probably enough fun for the first months. But hey - for 20Bucks i´m in.

murgo

I caved.. damn you Amazon! :D

BTW, I'm still looking for people to drive around with when this launches. My PSN is murgolicious. Any new friend is appreciated!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit, I've completely missed this thread! Does this mean that my G25 will work for this game on launch? Please say yes Rushy! Pretty please?

Bradach

I just got a Logitech GT Force Feedback Wheel. I'm very happy that this game will support it and that the PS4 in general will work with PS3 wheels

I just got a Logitech GT Force Feedback Wheel. I'm very happy that this game will support it and that the PS4 in general will work with PS3 wheels
Last I heard, and contrary to the thread title, we still don't know exactly which wheels will work and which ones won't. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Addnan

Last I heard, and contrary to the thread title, we still don't know exactly which wheels will work and which ones won't. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

You're right. They just said if the PS4 supports the wheel then they will do everything to support it in the game. No list of wheels was ever released or that every PS3 wheel would work.

Aspiring

I really can't wait to see some good direct feeds of this with a newer build. It is my most anticipated launch game and hoping it blows me away!

I really can't wait to see some good direct feeds of this with a newer build. It is my most anticipated launch game and hoping it blows me away!

I'm hoping for official direct feed footage from Evolution. A car with a really nice and high detail cockpit (any Pagani would fit this description) on a new track would do the trick.

KOHIPEET

I just wish they'd added more "regular" cars. These hypercars are boring to me, they're way too fast to be enjoyable by non-superhumans with slow reflexes. For fun cornering, I'd go with a stock GT-86 any time over these hyper-super-mega sport cars. I still have some hope though as they've said they'll keep adding new cars after release.

Give me my yaris for god'S sake

Shaneus

I want this game so bad
to look like the reveal trailer!
My one takeaway from the E3 trailer is that the guy who put it together is the same guy who put together the promo trailers/intros for PGR3, 4 and Blur... all in-engine (though doubtful it was real-time, shit would be hard to edit at that speed!). So I'm pretty confident it will look damn close, if not better than what we've seen in the trailers.

jett

D-Member
Those who are expecting 60FPS are setting themselves for disappointment.

Definitely not expecting that shit at all. Games that target 60fps aren't freaking locked to 30fps. The demo at E3 didn't even hold 30. It's just bullshit at this point.

Of course, I am hopeful it's actually true.

I just wish they'd added more "regular" cars. These hypercars are boring to me, they're way too fast to be enjoyable by non-superhumans with slow reflexes. For fun cornering, I'd go with a stock GT-86 any time over these hyper-super-mega sport cars. I still have some hope though as they've said they'll keep adding new cars after release.

Give me my yaris for god'S sake

So true.

Supercars in games offer the same excitement as domestic cars of the real world.

We drive Ferraris and Lambos all day in games, give us a 2000 Ford Ka.

Top Bottom