• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Ferrari, Lambhorgini, Italy, Replay confirmed?

FranXico

REALLY hope this is the new Project Gotham Racing 2 that would be fucking great.
Not expecting a GT or Forza out of this (and frankly, I don't want any more fucking GT)

Seconded.

There already are too many pretentious "simulators" out there. Let DriveClub do its one thing right, instead of trying to be a jack of all trades. The "social" aspect of it, where players challenge each other interests me.

S1kkZ

Look, I'm not complaining it got delayed, I'm complaining about the lack of news! No screenshot, no new footage, nothing :(

this so much. what happend to the full race video that was promised almost 2 months ago?
wasnt that video finished and sent to sony pr?

Just wanted to jump in and say that the UI Concept was created before DRIVECLUB went into production, and is therefore not representative of the final product. Nor are the cars or locations used guaranteed to be in the game either as they were just used for demonstration purposes.

It's a cool concept though :)

Yes, the concept looks very clean, and organized. Something I would love to see in the final product. Hopefully you guys didn't stray away too far from this...

wizzbang

Banned
Fuck this thread. :(
I just spent 10 minutes watching PGR2 videos on youtube, mannnnnnn
That game graphically still looks half decent (like an early 360 game) - I miss the menus too with the little spinning discs coloured for your trophy (gold, platinum, bronze etc) - the kudos bip bip bipsssssss on the cornering.

Downloading ghosts from XBL like a decade ago to see how other people pulled shit off, man that game was the future.
Then there's this too.
JackBlack.jpg

Fucking hardcore Jack Black, hard-core.

This is the first racing game I've been excited about, ever. I never played Forza or Gran Turismo or any of that, but this looks quite good.

Maybe it's because it's free with PS+, but I think I'll actually enjoy it.

jet1911

A bit off topic but what's up with all these games that are coming out in a couple of months and that we almost know nothing about? Driveclub, Infamous, Titanfall etc. Makes me sad :(

Skeff

A bit off topic but what's up with all these games that are coming out in a couple of months and that we almost know nothing about? Driveclub, Infamous, Titanfall etc. Makes me sad :(

New console launches stole all of the thunder for November, December was sales figures and christmas, pushing games already released. We're only just into January But I'm sure all three of those games currently have people making new trailers when they got back from xmas holidays, so expect a lot more information at the end of January.

wizzbang

Banned
New console launches stole all of the thunder for November, December was sales figures and christmas, pushing games already released. We're only just into January But I'm sure all three of those games currently have people making new trailers when they got back from xmas holidays, so expect a lot more information at the end of January.

This week, now that pretty much everyone is back to work should start to see information leak, I suspect late Jan and early Feb to really kick shit right into gear.
Also bear in mind the asian new year is coming up, any asian focused development will be on hiatus too.

NeoGash

Fuck this thread. :(
I just spent 10 minutes watching PGR2 videos on youtube, mannnnnnn
That game graphically still looks half decent (like an early 360 game) - I miss the menus too with the little spinning discs coloured for your trophy (gold, platinum, bronze etc) - the kudos bip bip bipsssssss on the cornering.

Downloading ghosts from XBL like a decade ago to see how other people pulled shit off, man that game was the future.
Then there's this too.
JackBlack.jpg

Fucking hardcore Jack Black, hard-core.

Holy shit, that's real? Yet another reason Jack Black is the true god and the world's religions are wrong. What a legend.

wizzbang

Banned
Holy shit, that's real? Yet another reason Jack Black is the true god and the world's religions are wrong. What a legend.

Yep, real photo, I remember when it came out.
PGR2 was fucking HARD - getting the TVR 12 was not an easy fucking task at all. I think I platinumed like 10% of the races or challenges or whatever at best.

Xanadu

Banned
Yep, real photo, I remember when it came out.
PGR2 was fucking HARD - getting the TVR 12 was not an easy fucking task at all. I think I platinumed like 10% of the races or challenges or whatever at best.

i only made it to the porsche GT1 lol, i was pretty young though

Just wanted to jump in and say that the UI Concept was created before DRIVECLUB went into production, and is therefore not representative of the final product. Nor are the cars or locations used guaranteed to be in the game either as they were just used for demonstration purposes.

Rushy, I need footage. A share video or something at least, man. I needs this.

If DC isn't coming out before April I might just have to get NFS.

LakeEarth

Back when the photo came out, someone on the forum claimed that he played someone on PGR2 who sounded like Jack Black. When he asked, the guy said "dude I get that all the time".

The game is looking better and better and if the UI is anything to go by, I think there's gonna be customizable avatars. Including customizable paint jobs on the cars. I'm going to love this game!

Will buy at a discounted price because of PS plus on day one!

mreddie

Dammit, I was hoping Lambo and Ferrari were in, they have to be or else this game might be ignored. Also Zenvo and Spyker have also been hinted.

Jel44

Banned
PGR2 was great but PGR3 holds that special place in my heart. I used to use the RUF Supercar Concept in all the races against its category and I wish that car would appear more often in video games.

God almighty, will there be ANY news or media coming out this month for this game???

I just want one full multi-car race vid :(

GIVE US MORE! .....please......

Please Don't post anything about Drive Club, since they want to ignore us, after promising an all grid race trailer back in October, we should ignore them.

viveks86

Is that interface the games actual in-game menu, or a mobile alert version?

It looks great either way.
It's a pre-production concept. But the point of a concept is to communicate the team's desired outcome internally. I'm hoping a lot of this has made it to the actual game. It looks really good!

I wish Rushy had revealed a little more in his response. We are just starved for info at this point. :/ 

This game has fallen off of the map since the delay. I'm pretty sure it's not coming out in February. Is Destination Playstation where we might hear more about this game?

Anion

I think I'm projecting but yeah, I just want more PGR, I don't mind if it's like 10% more sim like in the handling but definitely not more 'arcadey'
I loved PGR2 so much, fuck I wish I could play that right now, I actually miss my Xbox 1 :(

Dude, PGR2 was the best man.
Ah, good times
:'(

I loved the showroom aspect.
Man, I would like walk around and check out the Porsches and then go to the Ferraris and pass by the Subaru section. Dude soo good.
I loved racing in the cities. Ah. Such a beautiful game.

v1lla21

I don't know if any of you are watching the Golden Globes but there is a Sony commercial that shows off some Driveclub footage. There's two BAC Monos if I'm not mistaking.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Please Don't post anything about Drive Club, since they want to ignore us, after promising an all grid race trailer back in October, we should ignore them.
Ummmm what? They submitted the video to Sony PR. If you're going to not talk to someone, not talk to Sony PR. Which is weird. The footage probably got outdated as they added more effects and no longer reflected how it looked at it's current stage in development.
Maybe if we use more hash tags and "@" @Rushy will comment on more #DriveClub info. #Thethirstisreal.
Just keep on keeping on @Rushy33. #Day1 #Driveclub
Will we have a moon race in Driveclub?!
The moonlit and headlight illuminated night race? Soft light scattering off reflected hoods. Soft shadows on the entire dashboard...

Hey, do you guys have time to add Moon Races?

But it was a sexy menu

:(

KOHIPEET

Originally Posted by v1lla21

Skip to 48 seconds It's only like 2 seconds.

Might be OT but in the trailer, there is that shooting scene, in the desert. It instantly reminded me of Savage Starlight for some reason.

Am I the only one?

I am the only one. :(

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I get the feeling that whenever this actually comes out, it'll be buried by other games. It's not coming out february imo. They are way to silent about it.

I never believed the February rumors though I'd love to be wrong. March is packed. I'm guessing april/may. Marketing push once infamous is out the door.

And by marketing push I mean SCEA won't do shit, but maybe scee will.

Top Bottom