• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Ferrari, Lambhorgini, Italy, Replay confirmed?

viveks86

I had posted a showreel from one of Evo's designers a couple of days back and SolidSnakex had noticed a Lambhorgini Aventador in their UI concept:

The UI designer posts here, so he could confirm it. What i'd like confirmation on is whether or not the Lamborghini Aventador mentioned is in the game

untitled59ze0.png

There have been no previous mentions of Lamborghini appearing in the game.

I decided to have a look at the video once more and noticed this screen as well:
AORncRS.png

Is it integrated with the share button, or is this an in-game photo mode that allows sharing?
Also, I'm not a major car aficionado, but notice the logo on that car, the stallion on the grill (quite blurry) and the yellow logo above it. I have no idea which model it is, but the moment I saw it, it screamed FERRARI.

Just like the one below:
ferrari-f12-belinetta-1-620x413.jpg%3Fw%3D812

EDIT: It is a 599 series Ferrari!
The car in the screen is actually a 599 series Ferrari.

And then there is this screen, which says 'Italy' and 'Replay'.

hR5ckAd.png

Also notice all the social networking features (above and below):
vDAnhyZ.png

Here's the full video for those who hadn't seen my original post:
http://vimeo.com/83485220

Can someone from Evo comment on these? These are UI concepts, but can we expect them to be in the actual game in some form?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I have a feeling this game will come during summer or next fall.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The car in the screen is actually a 599 series Ferrari. Maybe 599XX.

Hype if they have Ferraris though. I'm not up to date on what licensing is like but I hope it's not as shitty anymore.

The car in the screen is actually a 599 series Ferrari. Maybe 599XX.

Hype if they have Ferraris though. I'm not up to date on what licensing is like but I hope it's not as shitty anymore.

I think it's still an expensive license, but it's one that most seem to be willing to pay. Porsche is really the only outsider right now due to their EA contract.

Sad that Porsche is locked. Did they get exclusive rights since Porsche unleashed?

Lambo > Ferrari > Prosche anyway to me so I really don't care.

This game looks better and better I wish Sony could negociate licensed deal for both Ferrari and Lambo for their first party (This and GT)

Sad that Porsche is locked. Did they get exclusive rights since Porsche unleashed?

It apparently expired at one point. Years back when GT5P was in development a member of GTplanet got to visit Polyphony and Kaz was asked about Porsche. He said that they were currently in discussions with them about including their cars in the game. A few months later Kaz was asked again and he mentioned that Porsche had signed another exclusivity deal and shortly after that EA was bragging about Porsche only being in NFS.

viveks86

Is it still rumoured to come out late Feb?

For now, yes. The rumor stands. 22nd for Japan launch and 28th for the rest of the world.

Lambo > Ferrari > Prosche anyway to me so I really don't care.

This game looks better and better I wish Sony could negociate licensed deal for both Ferrari and Lambo for their first party (This and GT)

Fingers crossed! All the screens in the UI concept look like in-engine shots. Makes me think they are in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think it's still an expensive license, but it's one that most seem to be willing to pay. Porsche is really the only outsider right now due to their EA contract.
Didn't the Ferrari license have exclusivity at some point? Maybe to Microsoft?

Couldn't see big wigs like EA or Polyphony not buying it in that period anyways if it was available. Maybe Porsche didn't want Ferraris at that time.

Mortemis

Banned
For now, yes. The rumor stands. 22nd for Japan launch and 28th for the rest of the world.

Fingers crossed! All the screens in the UI concept look like in-engine shots. Makes me think they are in.
That's like what, a little over a month away and we still don't have confirmation? I'm getting the idea this game will come out in late March, or early April to not launch the same time as second son.

At least I hope so, summer is really pushing it and fall is way too far away. D: This game is sounding better and better.

Didn't the Ferrari license have exclusivity at some point? Maybe to Microsoft?

Couldn't see big wigs like EA or Polyphony not buying it in that period anyways if it was available. Maybe Porsche didn't want Ferraris at that time.

MS had the exclusive rights to Ferrari on MS platforms for some time. That's why only the 360 version of Shift received the Ferrari DLC.

sant

A game like this needs Ferrari and Lamborghini to be taken seriously, glad it looks like they are going to be included. If they got Porsche somehow that would really win over a lot of car fans

http://jeyauto.com/data_images/ferrari-599-gto/ferrari-599-gto-02.jpg

I was about to ask you what game that was from before I did a reverse image search...

wizzbang

Banned
REALLY hope this is the new Project Gotham Racing 2 that would be fucking great.
Not expecting a GT or Forza out of this (and frankly, I don't want any more fucking GT)

sant

REALLY hope this is the new Project Gotham Racing 2 that would be fucking great.
Not expecting a GT or Forza out of this (and frankly, I don't want any more fucking GT)

GT feels likes its stuck in 2004 like every other big Japanese console game

wizzbang

Banned
GT feels likes its stuck in 2004 like every other big Japanese console game

Oh you don't need to tell me man, I've been berating GT for several years, I loved it but those motherfuckers are _clueless_.
Infact I found this article today which I thoroughly agreed with
http://www.themindofgame.com/2013/12/30/polyphony-digital-gran-turismos-fall-grace/
ESPECIALLY this line.
Record proper engine and tire squeal sounds rather than relying on audio from the PS1 era.

Fuck GT just totally fuck GT.

sant

Oh you don't need to tell me man, I've been berating GT for several years, I loved it but those motherfuckers are _clueless_.
Infact I found this article today which I thoroughly agreed with
http://www.themindofgame.com/2013/12/30/polyphony-digital-gran-turismos-fall-grace/
ESPECIALLY this line.

Fuck GT just totally fuck GT.

I have that guy on PSN and I've seen him playing GT6 quite a bit

Anyway, I skipped GT6 and since I don't want an Xbone, FM5 as well. Hopefully Drive Club does an okay job of filling that void.

Oh damn Ferrari alone would be enough for me.

I'm convinced this is gonna be the next big thing in racing the more I see and read about it.

bombshell

Did we even know Italy was a location in the game?

This makes it how many locations so far? Scotland, Norway, Chile, India, others?

Edit: I somehow missed both the title and OP text mentioned Italy...

BONDO

Oddly, compared to other games(watch dogs, infamous) the more i hear about this game the more excited i get. I feel like the delay did this game some good.
Cant wait to pick it up.

PGR reincarnated would be freakin amazing.

NeoGash

Ferrari and Lamborghini are my two favourite car manufacturers, so that would be awesome. Currently driving a 599GTO in Forza Horizon so that pic stood out straight away.
I think if Driveclub is anything like Horizon, it will be the best racing game available on next-gen hardware for quite some time. So far I don't think any really good next-gen games have come out, but I think early next year will show us our first few with Driveclub, Infamous and Titanfall.

Rushy

Just wanted to jump in and say that the UI Concept was created before DRIVECLUB went into production, and is therefore not representative of the final product. Nor are the cars or locations used guaranteed to be in the game either as they were just used for demonstration purposes.

It's a cool concept though :)

Just wanted to jump in and say that the UI Concept was created before DRIVECLUB went into production, and is therefore not representative of the final product. Nor are the cars or locations used guaranteed to be in the game either as they were just used for demonstration purposes.

It's a cool concept though :)

Thank you for the clarification Rushy!

Oddly, compared to other games(watch dogs, infamous) the more i hear about this game the more excited i get. I feel like the delay did this game some good.
Cant wait to pick it up.

PGR reincarnated would be freakin amazing.

These are the vibes I am getting and it would be fantastic if that turned out to be the case.

I'm highly disappointed at these guys. They simply disappeared. No news for more than a month. I was expecting the game would release in Feb/March, but I guess that's not gonna happen. June or later, maybe.

wizzbang

Banned
These are the vibes I am getting and it would be fantastic if that turned out to be the case.

I think I'm projecting but yeah, I just want more PGR, I don't mind if it's like 10% more sim like in the handling but definitely not more 'arcadey'
I loved PGR2 so much, fuck I wish I could play that right now, I actually miss my Xbox 1 :(

I'm highly disappointed at these guys. They simply disappeared. No news for more than a month. I was expecting the game would release in Feb/March, but I guess that's not gonna happen. June or later, maybe.

I'm highly impressed and proud that they held the fucking thing under what could only be IMMENSE pressure.
Fuck games which aren't finished or the best they can be, I have literally, literally 30+ AAA games unplayed right here in my collection.

Let them finish it properly and be done with it, let all games be finished properly, delays are a good thing instead of releasing shit like BF4.

orioto

Good Art™

Maybe it is actually releasing in feb and they're too busy finishing to have fun taking videos ?

Top Bottom