• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub INSANE new gameplay B-Roll footage (Nilgiri Hills, India)

Snow you say?
ixxfpy3YaGRXb.gif

Them mountains.

Vol5

So yeah - While I do agree it looks somewhat incredible and I'm fine with 30fps, my only issue is that there seems to be a complete lack of AA which realistically I don't think will be added before release. This is my biggest notch against DC and what makes it worse is the "Footage from PS4" vids are complete bollocks as they clearly have AA applied while actual gameplay footage I've seen, AA is completely absent, which is a pity as some of it is a tiny bit distracting.

On the whole though it's looking great and I'm there day zero.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Looks better than what I saw last week. Love that Huayra engine.

Shame it's still far off was the reason to pick up a PS4.

We have not been invited to the preview event, so I don't expect we'll get this, sorry.

I'm sure someone can supply the b-roll. ;D

Just a friendly reminder...just like YouTube does with video, it also compresses audio quite a bit. In fact, it will even re-compress MP3 files upon upload. Compressing an already lousy, garbage audio file = very very bad.

If you take even the highest quality MP3 file and throw it into an analyzer, you'll see that anything over 13-14kHz is immediately gone. The waveform is actually totally chopped off because the information just isn't there. And yes, that information IS important.

Therefore, discussing the audio quality of the cars for instance, based on YouTube videos, is probably not going to result in good discussion based on factual evidence. Unless someone has access to the raw CD-quality WAV files (or even better, the 24-bit digital raw recordings that would likely be available in-game), I'd reserve judgement. Just my two cents.

(Source: I'm an audio engineer)

viveks86

And there is Antigua - they've mentioned it on E3 presentation:

Yeah but it looks like it isn't featuring in the game for launch. DLC, probably.

Just a friendly reminder...just like YouTube does with video, it also compresses audio quite a bit. In fact, it will even re-compress MP3 files upon upload. Compressing an already lousy, garbage audio file = very very bad.

If you take even the highest quality MP3 file and throw it into an analyzer, you'll see that anything over 13-14kHz is immediately gone. The waveform is actually totally chopped off because the information just isn't there. And yes, that information IS important.

Therefore, discussing the audio quality of the cars for instance, based on YouTube videos, is probably not going to result in good discussion based on factual evidence. Unless someone has access to the raw CD-quality WAV files (or even better, the 24-bit digital raw recordings that would likely be available in-game), I'd reserve judgement. Just my two cents.

(Source: I'm an audio engineer)

Well, we have this :)

Raist

Banned
So yeah - While I do agree it looks somewhat incredible and I'm fine with 30fps, my only issue is that there seems to be a complete lack of AA which realistically I don't think will be added before release. This is my biggest notch against DC and what makes it worse is the "Footage from PS4" vids are complete bollocks as they clearly have AA applied while actual gameplay footage I've seen, AA is completely absent, which is a pity as some of it is a tiny bit distracting.

Huh?

Vire

Looks okay I guess...

HOLY SHIT!

Fix the aliasing and this game could be one of the best looking games ever made.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone have some Forza 5 gifs or images they can put up next to this? I kinda feel like Forza 5 looks a bit better too. Lighting definitely looks way worse in Forza 5 though.

ref

Anyone have some Forza 5 gifs or images they can put up next to this? I kinda feel like Forza 5 looks a bit better too. Lighting definitely looks way worse in Forza 5 though.

(taken from preview thread)

Forza visually isn't really comparable aside from the car models. They had to make tons of sacrifices visually to get 60 fps. Forza looks fine in motion, but once you get still, you can really see how meh it really looks.

nib95

Banned
I'm not saying Driveclub doesn't look fantastic as it does but IMHO Project Cars looks better.

I don't want to start a pissing contest.

He says whilst posting a non gameplay poster shot with ultra aggressive depth of field that is blurring most of the shot out. If you want to debate graphics, posting bullshots is not the way to do it. Gran Turismo and Forza would have just as much of a run at that competition as any other.

inmvPfbkWtdBz.gif

That's the only decent one I could find in a very short/quick search on Google.

Peru

Looks great. Really surprised by Jeff Gerstmann saying it was a very standard racer to him and nothing stood out when he played it.

Game looks great visually with new tricks applied, as pointed out in this thread - but nothing shown has suggested any original twist to the racing game formula in terms of gameplay, modes.

Gestault

[deliberately picked poor images taken from someone else]

Want to know why people are surprised when they see previewers say Forza 5's visuals have merit compared to other games? Insincere, echo-chamber posts like this designed to mischaracterize the game. That's not to ignore obvious advantages in things like lighting and "scene" in Driveclub, but this is a garbage post.

Nafai1123

Banned

On the whole though it's looking great and I'm there day zero.

There is absolutely AA in the game. Just because there is some aliasing on powerlines and sharp edges at night in certain lighting doesn't mean the game has no AA. It would be glaringly obvious if it had none at all.

wapplew

semvdyJ.jpg

ao067c8i.png

(taken from preview thread)

Forza visually isn't really comparable aside from the car models. They had to make tons of sacrifices visually to get 60 fps.

Please, those images have been used to death.
Don't turn another Driveclub thread into VS thread.
Let's talk about Driveclub ok? Oh, I forget about the first rule and the second one.

SDCowboy

Maybe this is a stupid question, but does this game feature only exotic and race cars, or will "regular" cars be in it as well?

Amir0x

Banned
Looks okay I guess...

HOLY SHIT!

Fix the aliasing and this game could be one of the best looking games ever made.

it's already one of the best looking console games ever made, just jesus christ @ the detail

absurd detail. just obscene detail

Top Bottom