• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Japan complete preview - Free DLC releasing Monday, Jan 19

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Come on EVO - stereo 3D support - you know you want to. 720p resolution drop will be enough to compensate for needing to do two views.

jobrro

Just started the download, showing as 5.87GB for me (in Australia). Pretty sure I had the latest patch.

GHG

Gold Member
What's the difference between multiplayer time trail and the regular time trails in challenge mode?

Z3M0G

Come on EVO - stereo 3D support - you know you want to. 720p resolution drop will be enough to compensate for needing to do two views.
Holy shit please yes!

Will never happen though... home 3D is all but dead.

If they can do it, they will save it for VR

Auctopus

What's the difference between multiplayer time trail and the regular time trails in challenge mode?

(I'm guessing here) You all get one chance to set a time without anyone else on the track, then it compares them all afterwards.

DavidDesu

"Adds a new option to Event Settings to race without crowd, track infrastructure and corner flags."

YES! I actually requested this of them, never expected it to happen! They must have got that request a few times then???

Can't wait to race without flags etc, just to make the tracks feel more pure, as if you were driving on regular roads, not taking part in an"event". CANNOT WAIT. Improvements to the rain weather as well.. never thought it possible! ;)

Absolutely stellar game support from these devs, on top of an already masterpiece of a racing game.

jobrro

That's just the size of every patch until now. The delta patching system on PS4 will only download what you don't have.

That's weird, because I certainly had played with weather, think I had 1.09. Maybe they made a mistake when putting it up. Don't really care, nothing like the 40GB patch for the MCC.

That's weird, because I certainly had played with weather, think I had 1.09. Maybe they made a mistake when putting it up. Don't really care, nothing like the 40GB patch for the MCC.

What he is saying is that it's showing the cumulative size of all patches until now but it will still only download the 3.3GB.

bombshell

Yeah, mine jumped immediately to between 800-900MB, so it might be bigger than 3.3GB, but not 5.87GB big as that includes the other patches too.

benzy

* Adds the option to permanently hide camera movement controls when accessing Photo Mode.
* Players can now move the camera while OSD is disabled in photo mode.

Yesssss. Thank you Evo!

Yeah mine's 5.87 GB too, and I know for a fact I had the latest version prior to this. I've been checking all night under "check for updates" and prior to this it said I had the latest version. Its no big deal, I'm just saying.

GHG

Gold Member
(I'm guessing here) You all get one chance to set a time without anyone else on the track, then it compares them all afterwards.

So everyone will be racing against each others live ghosts rather than bumper cars?

I think I'll quite like this mode.

bombshell

Yeah mine's 5.87 GB too, and I know for a fact I had the latest version prior to this. I've been checking all night under "check for updates" and prior to this it said I had the latest version. Its no big deal, I'm just saying.

But it jumped ahead when it detected you had the other patches.

Tunned

Can't wait to race without flags etc, just to make the tracks feel more pure, as if you were driving on regular roads, not taking part in an"event". CANNOT WAIT. Improvements to the rain weather as well.. never thought it possible! ;)

Absolutely stellar game support from these devs, on top of an already masterpiece of a racing game.

+1

Love this game to death, never expected there to be an option to remove the flags and crowds! Love it!

Now all we need are replays and a classic cars pack, I hope the McLaren F1 was just the start!

Konosuke

Yesssss. Thank you Evo!

giphy.gif

ViciousDS

Banned
wow.....just wow, the Jap tracks look absolutely beautiful and filled with life. I really hope Evo gets a chance to work on more great games, this studio to me has really been put on the map with Driveclub, just like Sucker Punch with Infamous SS. Don't get me wrong Motorstorm was a great game, but never did I have as much fun with great arcade physics and eye candy as DC.

now for replays!

Putty

What a fabulous update!!! I don't care what anyone else says, after the botched launch, Paul and everyone at Evo have truly knocked this thing into such an amzing game is such a short amount of time. Truly exeptional support.

wow.....just wow, the Jap tracks look absolutely beautiful and filled with life. I really hope Evo gets a chance to work on more great games, this studio to me has really been put on the map with Driveclub, just like Sucker Punch with Infamous SS. Don't get me wrong Motorstorm was a great game, but never did I have as much fun with great arcade physics and eye candy as DC.

now for replays!

any urban/town environments? can't watch the videos.

now for replays!

I have been playing Driveclub for the first time over the weekend. Would love to see them work on a new Motorstorm, with the same game engine and their experiance with Driveclub it could be something very special.

Also is there any Gaf clubs to join, would like more challenges when I log on.

Top Bottom