• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Japan complete preview - Free DLC releasing Monday, Jan 19

From SymbiantXenos's video.

pZaedGp.gif

Are there any images of the new course maps? I want to see if this Takahagi course actually matches up with any parts of the roads I used to drive on.

DavidDesu

Can't wait to play this after work. Evolution have done more than enough to completely overturn the negativity from launch. Its the most fun I've had with a racing game ever and they keep adding little things to improve the experience and fixing issues us users have had such as no manufacturer colour options in the car select screen (apparently coming in next months update) and removing track race infrastructure. From now on I'm playing the game without that and corner markers and crowds and just going to enjoy learning the tracks properly and pretending I'm there for real :p Looks good enough to fool you. My PS4 has delivered.

nib95

Banned
Only tested the first of the new tracks and already in love. Beautifully balanced in terms of elevation changes, corners and pacing. Love the bright red mini gated walls, the blossom trees, the gorgeously lit tunnels etc. Lots of eye candy everywhere.

Just had a quick blast on all three tracks and they're great.

If anyone is interested in joining a club, search for Kuso Club, I believe it's open to join, just the two of us at the minute, club level 12 I believe.

Nyx

Just had a quick blast on all three tracks and they're great.

If anyone is interested in joining a club, search for Kuso Club, I believe it's open to join, just the two of us at the minute, club level 12 I believe.

All three? There's five! ;-)

mekes

Nakasendo is such a great track, so much variety and scenery in one track, I love it!

The game in general, just amazing, top quality racer.

Hey guys I'm new to gaf go easy on me please. Love this game it's awesome I've been playing since launch I've maxed out my levels but can anyone tell how I swap out liveries? I've been stuck using the original 4 paint jobs since day one!

Withnail

re multiplayer time trials, maybe they still have to update the playlists but this update added the client-side support. I'm assuming it's just like a normal race but where everyone has their own track instance.

mekes

Hey guys I'm new to gaf go easy on me please. Love this game it's awesome I've been playing since launch I've maxed out my levels but can anyone tell how I swap out liveries? I've been stuck using the original 4 paint jobs since day one!

In the garage, the option is there.

Evo will be releasing a shortcut to change colors before starting a race soon. February sometime, I'm sure they said on Facebook.

Go into the garage on the menu screen. You should be able to work it all out from there.

Mullah88

Is mp time trial where everybody has the same car in a point to point track (or circuit) but your opponents will be ghosts like when someone has a shitty connection.

Mullah88

I've not looked actually, but when creating challenges, is it possible to creat without the flags?

We should be able to have options like chase cam only or hood cam, dash cam. Force the other player to achieve the same or better results from the same view

benzy

I've not done any weather races but any word in increased spray from wheels? New wipers work better?

Could be a placebo but I don't recall the wheels giving this much spray before.

arynpq.gif

Is mp time trial where everybody has the same car in a point to point track (or circuit) but your opponents will be ghosts?

Not sure. I'm away from the game now but when I was playing I couldn't connect online to check it out. :\

In the garage, the option is there.

Evo will be releasing a shortcut to change colors before starting a race soon. February sometime, I'm sure they said on Facebook.

Thanks can't believe I've not spotted that previously I'd clicked on the club slot and only the owner could customise d'oh!

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Evening gents

Mind I ask how does the developer approaches the track layout design? how does the team conclude a track layout? everybody pitches in or is it one guy?

I do know almost by heart the most famous racetracks in the world from racing sims way back since 2003. I've lapped hundreds of thousands of kilometers on tracks both real and fictional and always found my self wishing I could change aspects of them because most sections could always be better. I don't find my self doing it that much with driveclub tracks.

Now, I'm not saying all the tracks on this game are great, but a great deal of them are spectacular from a driving point of view, and so my interest on how they are created has risen. Although I suspect we have some serious motorsports adepts inside Evolution who have gone through the same experiences as myself throughout the years. I am also willing to bet the guy who designs the great ones, does it secretly with a few select cars in mind.

salute and cheers

farisr

Adds a new option to Event Settings to race without crowd, track infrastructure and corner flags.

Can't believe they actually did this. Evolution is awesome. This is like one of the first things I wanted an option to remove because I thought they were ruining the look of their awesome tracks but I honestly thought I was like an extremely small minority that wanted this and didn't feel like it would be addressed at all. (Plus the game still looked awesome)

nib95

Banned
Anyone think the wipers and rain are more audible now? Just sank an hour or more in to the game on the new tracks and I'm supposed to be working lol. So worth it though. Incredible additions. Can't wait for the new tours and vehicles!

viveks86

Anyone think the wipers and rain are more audible now? Just sank an hour or more in to the game on the new tracks and I'm supposed to be working lol. So worth it though. Incredible additions. Can't wait for the new tours and vehicles!

They definitely are. I could hear the wipers on a venom while driving. Don't remember that

KidJr

Cannot wait to get the update with this game, starting to find it really challenging now (I'm only onto the super cars, driver racer level 24 I believe). While this game is no sim but any stretch of the imagination, its so unforgiving which I love it for tbh.

Putty

Could be a placebo but I don't recall the wheels giving this much spray before.

arynpq.gif

Not sure. I'm away from the game now but when I was playing I couldn't connect online to check it out. :

That exact same footage is what's got me intrigued.

Can't believe they actually did this. Evolution is awesome. This is like one of the first things I wanted an option to remove because I thought they were ruining the look of their awesome tracks but I honestly thought I was like an extremely small minority that wanted this and didn't feel like it would be addressed at all. (Plus the game still looked awesome)

That is pretty cool. I feel like this is something a PC developer would do, but not the kind of thing we usually get on a major console game. They're adding lots of nice little touches and options in addition to the big stuff.

Top Bottom