• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

So this is what was happening here during commute
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Wow.

otaconlink

Neo Member

Nyx

I have to admit that it took me a while to get used to this, but it is entirely physically accurate - we don't use fake shadows or mask sunlight by ambient occlusion, which often hides this 'effect'.

Under strong lighting conditions and from the right angle there won't be a shadow visible beneath the car. To show this I took a car out into the Evo car park, parked it so the sun was from directly behind and held a camera up in the air at similar angle to the chase camera.

Nothing is faked or baked in this image either ;) Number plates have been obviously obscured though.

floatingCar.jpg

Hahaha amazing!

Neil_J_UK

So, if I plan on pre-ordering the PS+ upgrade edition, is there any magical doohickery I can perform to be able to play this earlier than 10/10/2014 at 00:01? Like region swapping or anything like that.

So, if I plan on pre-ordering the PS+ upgrade edition, is there any magical doohickery I can perform to be able to play this earlier than 10/10/2014 at 00:01? Like region swapping or anything like that.

Set up a US account, buy PSN credit off Amazon, redeem credit on your US account, pre-order Driveclub and play it 3 days earlier.

Calmine

Sorry if asked but does the PS Plus edition have trophies? Kinda hope it doesn't considering it's a glorified demo.

Hey guys, I'm having this funny issue on my PS4, maybe you can help me.

Every time I purchace a game on the PS.Store website, it shows up on the PS4 library, but the purchase icon shows up as if I hadn't purchased it.

It's happening to Driveclub and it also happened with First Light.

Some pics:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2777787/bug1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2777787/bug2.jpg

The games still download and work, but it's pretty weird.

Is your PS4 set to be the primary one?

Marlenus

Well I have the taste for good things as well but £89,99 vs £329,99 is well quite uncomfortable difference for me atm.

I was about to say that it is £250 on amazon.co.uk but I just checked and it has gone up to £300. :/

The T300 Ferrari GTE is the same wheel base but the wheel is a replica of the Ferrari GTE wheel instead of the generic branded PS one and that is "only" £240.

Ploid 3.0

I have to admit that it took me a while to get used to this, but it is entirely physically accurate - we don't use fake shadows or mask sunlight by ambient occlusion, which often hides this 'effect'.

Under strong lighting conditions and from the right angle there won't be a shadow visible beneath the car. To show this I took a car out into the Evo car park, parked it so the sun was from directly behind and held a camera up in the air at similar angle to the chase camera.

Nothing is faked or baked in this image either ;) Number plates have been obviously obscured though.

floatingCar.jpg

I saw a question on this earlier and I couldn't find a real life picture to explain how the sun hiding the shadow on a car makes it look like it's floating in game. A lot of the pictures were low enough to see the shadow under the car, in this game though the camera needs to be a bit high to see ahead. The devs could have put fake shadows under it to make sure this wouldn't happen but what would defeat the point purpose of it's crazy dynamic lighting system.

Loudninja

The ad follows a selection of gamers from around the world as they pledge allegiance to their club, by taking “The DRIVECLUB Oath”. Forming part of a globally connected group, they’re focussed on earning fame and glory of their club, whenever and however they race.

Take a look, and watch out for it on TV starting from next week.

Also, keep an eye out for the official print ad supporting The DRIVECLUB Oath.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...lub-tv-ad-now/?emcid=social_20141002_32711646

Can't wait for Tuesday !!!

I've been watching the Gamersyde videos all night yesterday, such a nice game and again the sense of speed is something future racing games devs need to copy.

And the weather patch is not there yet, i think my jaw will drop even more once that comes out judging from the gifs and videos... just wow !

I'm pretty sure i'll end up buying the season pass for this game, i love some arcade fast action intense games and this looks like exactly what i'm looking for !

banagher

Haha oh really? Free is always nice I suppose. I will wait for impressions.

If anything though, doesn't the mere fact that you can do that shows that it's more than a "glorified demo"?.
I mean apart from tracks/cars, the full feature list and modes are all there.

otaconlink

Neo Member
Is your PS4 set to be the primary one?

Yes. I also tried that License option on the Settings.

And when I try to Purchase the game again through the console, it gives an error (e-82000113).

As the game is showing in the Library, I imagine it will pre-load on sunday as expected. But I'll avoid purchasing games on the website from now on.

theDeeDubs

Hey guys, I'm having this funny issue on my PS4, maybe you can help me.

Every time I purchace a game on the PS.Store website, it shows up on the PS4 library, but the purchase icon shows up as if I hadn't purchased it.

It's happening to Driveclub and it also happened with First Light.

Some pics:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2777787/bug1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2777787/bug2.jpg

The games still download and work, but it's pretty weird.

This has been happening to me lately too. I noticed Don't Starve changed to a purchase icon Monday when I was looking to preorder Mordor. My PS4 is set as my primary console. Makes me hesitant to purchase digital games from their store.

kyser73

Just watched 6 of the Gamersyde vids - I'm floored by this game. It just looks so damn good , especially the dusk/night sequences and the ToD transitions. I can see why everyone as raving about the Norway downhill at dusk one too!

In case you didn't know, the dynamic weather patch is coming day one !

I was on twitch to see a stream from Micromania french and the guys said that Evo studio told him that the patch will be available at the day of the release.

kriskrosbbk

Anyone have an idea if you use manual transmision ,is the finger animation aligned with you changing the gears.It is right?

Oh well, cancelled my T300 £250 order with Amazon UK and gone with the T500 on Amazon ES, £40 more, can't complain. Hopefully it will arrive before the 10th!

Capture.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom