• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mullah88

FYI, you can turn off all of the hud, or choose individual hud components to turn off. You can also set opacity of all components. I know that's not quite what you are asking for, but it would be possible to have everything off, except for the map.

i knew that, was just saying...would be nice

can I send a PSN friend request via PSN online (PC)? I can't see to find the option... or can you only send requests direct from the PS4/3?

Handy Fake

Just gonna leave this here

yaqakv.gif

Where's the artistic license? This is too real. I expected a dragon. Cancelled.

Navy Bean

Why does everyone compare this to FH2? They seem like very different games. I love the driving freedom and open world of FH2 but I can't wait to try out Driveclub and hope it is a completely different experience. My $.02.

psn

It's happening, I can get Driveclub late this night or early tomorrow... So pumped.

Are the servers up yet?

Why does everyone compare this to FH2? They seem like very different games. I love the driving freedom and open world of FH2 but I can't wait to try out Driveclub and hope it is a completely different experience. My $.02.
The 2 big exclusive racers on competing platforms are bound to draw comparisons but I agree with you.

I'm loving it! I'm not a huge driving fan so I dont have huge knowledge on some stuff, but car handling is great and some track layouts are superb, although I dont enjoy india as much.

Another gif, AI trying to overtake or simply slamming the other AI lol

So each "location" has multiple tracks right? How varied do the tracks feel, even though they're set in the same area?

viveks86

I'm loving it! I'm not a huge driving fan so I dont have huge knowledge on some stuff, but car handling is great and some track layouts are superb, although I dont enjoy india as much.

Cool! What about the club aspects? Are you part of a bigger team yet or are you still flying solo?

India for the layout or aesthetics?

India looks to have some of the more interesting layouts to me.

DrTeflon

India for the layout or aesthetics?

India looks to have some of the more interesting layouts to me.

Aesthetics, feels too "brown" to me

How many point to point tracks are there per location?

Are all locations/tracks unlocked from the beginning?

If you go into single race mode they are.

Cool! What about the club aspects? Are you part of a bigger team yet or are you still flying solo?

Not yet, all I know is that certain cars are locked behind club levels.

Can anyone tell me if the game uses the touchpad for anything? I had to take my controller apart to fix a thumbstick and i damaged the ribbon connecting the touchpad to the motherboard. I can click it but i cant swipe. I need to know if i need a new controller for tuesday.

Edit: i cant think of any use swiping the pad would have.

Gestault

But shouldn't it do the opposite? Cause the sensors to dim the lights instead?

If the ambient light is brighter, you need more light in the dash instruments to stand out more. It's exaggerated here, but most cars after 2008 have a sensor either right on the dash or behind the rear-view mirror that adjusts on the fly.

Tunnel lighting has already been updated to look even better, you'll hopefully notice the improvements in a future game update ;)
I just love when I see something about DRIVECLUB that blows my mind and you drive by with "nah, looks already even better".

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Some local journalist blasted the game on magazine forum and advised not to buy it, until you tried the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom