• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombshell

Thanks for the impressions man, sounds great. I wonder if some of the vehicle customization options could be enhanced in future via patches

It sure can. They have said they are looking to expand the game in the future based on community feedback. They are already bringing photo mode and replay mode as free patches based on feedback.

Just don't leave your window open.

post-10702-Snow-inside-the-car-something-zEmw.jpeg

Oh goddam. i don't want this to happen to my IRL car.

i would be so angry.

Isn't the crew a ubi game?

Motorstorm pacific rift is one of my all time fav games on ps3 so this game is in good hands.
It is, I've not seen much hype for it. I was kinda curious for it, the reveal made it look quite good - but having played the beta, I shall politely decline that game.

le-seb

Hey guys, a question for those able to play the game already: we know that the tracks load really quickly, but how long does it take to load the game from the PS4 home screen?

Jimrpg

Since I'm at work basically doing nothing, I'll post a summary of my thoughts so far:

- Graphics are really good. There is aliasing, however; though it's not much. Lighting effects are simply unmatched. It changes accordingly during the race and changes the whole 'feel' of the race.
- Controls are the best in a racing game for me. I'm not a big fan of sims as it's too complicated for me, but I always enjoyed a lot of arcade racers: Test Drive, NFS, etc. The controls are exactly what they said, somewhere between a sim and an arcade racer.
- I just LOVE the way challenges are presented to the player! Beating other players' score is really awesome and gives more reason to keep trying again and again.
- The UI in general is excellent. As is the menu music.
- The difference between each car is incredible. It really works really well to show the strengths and the weaknesses of each vehicle.
- The sound! Oh my GAWD the sound of the cars and environment is superb.

If I were to complain about something, is the fact that customization is very limited. I wish we could design our own liveries and change wheels, exhaust, etc. like in Forza.

Otherwise the game is 90+ material easily.

Are you playing online and can you do single races or tournaments with a number of races in them without having to be part of a club? Or do u have to race in a club all the time? It's just difficult to meet up all the time and race together.

Hey guys, a question for those able to play the game already: we know that the tracks load really quickly, but how long does it take to load the game from the PS4?

Pretty quick. The first loading was like 30s, but now it's just the average load time.

Ibuki

Banned
I'm looking forward to racing with you guys so I don't have to deal with assholes. I'm pretty bad at racing as it is, I don't need people running me off the track.

M.W.

lol, I'm already planning out my late Monday night/early Tuesday. Get home from work at about 530, take a nap until 8 or 9, watch a movie until 11:59 ish, then giggle like a school girl until the game is unlocked at midnight. Yes I am PST so it's midnight for me!

Ibuki

Banned
lol, I'm already planning out my late Monday night/early Tuesday. Get home from work at about 530, take a nap until 8 or 9, watch a movie until 11:59 ish, then giggle like a school girl until the game is unlocked at midnight. Yes I am PST so it's midnight for me!

It's confirmed that it unlocks at midnight? I only saw the play at midnight message for Alien Isolation when I was on the PSN store last night.

Jimrpg

It is, I've not seen much hype for it. I was kinda curious for it, the reveal made it look quite good - but having played the beta, I shall politely decline that game.

I'm just sceptical of a lot of ubi soft games as their game design is kinda by the numbers. Not saying driveclub is a revolutionary racing game but I'm liking what I see in these screens and videos a lot.

Looks like he is racing against a bunch if asshats who don't know how to drive.

That's certainly true. I was taken aback a little when the car almost immediately ghosted when he was spun out though.

Thankfully, there seems to be a small window where you can correct the car yourself, but it's pretty aggressive in making sure you don't stray too far from how it wants you to play.

Not a big issue, but some leeway would have been nice.

freakout.gif

lol, I hope you're playing the game right now, and that all your training will be able to make up for my shitty driving
Sadly not, I'll get my review copy sometime next week :(
But I can (and probably will) work on my driving in Motorstorm Apocalypse (does that count? :D), although, I'm already in the middle of the second "campaign" and it's getting kinda hard.

M.W.

It's confirmed that it unlocks at midnight? I only saw the play at midnight message for Alien Isolation when I was on the PSN store last night.
I would assume it would! Is this not the case? Why have a pre load if you can't play it at midnight? Does anyone know the answer? I was just assuming lol

Ibuki

Banned
I would assume it would! Is this not the case? Why have a pre load if you can't play it at midnight? Does anyone know the answer? I was just assuming lol

I sure hope so. I just found it odd that Alien Isolation would have the midnight ET message and not Driveclub. Both have the preload message though...

mollipen

i don't know how some people play in 3P view for driving games if there's other view options available.

I'd say that I have no clue how people play with views like the in-the-car one. I always go either third person or the one where you're juar hovering over the track and see nothing of your car, depending on the game.

And man, the Cube hate. :( I have one in real life and love it to death. I'd be ecstatic if they added it to the game. It would go well with CuteClub that I created last night in the game.

I'm just sceptical of a lot of ubi soft games as their game design is kinda by the numbers. Not saying driveclub is a revolutionary racing game but I'm liking what I see in these screens and videos a lot.
It has some really good points. The map is freaking huge, and I mean huge and there are some really nice winding routes between city locations, as well as a few race tracks that you can go on, but you can't 'race' in the proper sense from what I could see.

For me there was just too many numbers flying everywhere, didn't feel very coherent and the whole 'crew' aspect just didn't come across at all, compared to the club aspects of this game, or Horizon.

That either shows how well Evo has pulled off that aspect of the game, or how poorly Ivory Tower have executed it.

I wouldn't say it is comparable to this game at all, DRIVECLUB is far more compelling.

Nice to have another game where you can turn the HUD off completely, or certain elements only, though.
syhoud.gif

Tried the multiplayer today and hmm, I can't really judge it right because of how low the player count on there is at the moment, I want full rooms but I keep getting into rooms with only a few people, sometimes one even. However, I am glad to say that the online is REALLY smooth and I had fun, apparently you get shown events that refresh for new ones if what is displayed is not to your liking. Already I have been getting club invites, challenges from people and what not which really kept me engage in going at different things within the game. I think the only disappointment this game has is in the customization, It's very limited however, it can be easily fixed with updates and such.

Also, please Sony release dat DLNA so we could play our custom soundtracks! aside from that, game is a ton of fun and plays great. It looks incredible and I think people should leave the judging to the people who own the game. Trust us when we say it will look INCREDIBLE on your displays, it's the reason why I'm taking a shit ton of pics. I can also confirm that there is no city track, as far as i'm concerned the buildings are just in the background. I'll leave you all with moar pics!

dugdug

Banned
So, this might be a dumb question, but, are you forced to be a white guy in this one? Or, rather, is there any driver customization?

Its a small thing, since I know there's no story, but, that's a little problem I have with the Horizon games, that, I'm surprised they didn't change with the second game.

Loakum

Banned
May be your TV, because it is really smooth for me. I'm used to 144Hz and 120 Hz with Lightboost and this is really really smooth for me. Impressed how smooth 30fps can look.

Aaaand btw: I got it, thank you, random shop in Hamburg. If someone wants it and lives near Hamburg, I can give you the name and address.
WXmWJQ.jpg

Now I have to unlock moar cars, even tho it's almost 3am here.

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom