• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I just tried it out and did a 1:20:xxx and that was with a couple of mistakes, so I have to disagree, 1:18 is definitely possible. Keep in mind it's an optimal lap.

Following the ghost I can see how it is possible :(

But then I think the target times are too close together, and too far from optimal.

For example: 1.28/1.26/1.25 ------(huge gap)------ 1.18 (optimal)
Should be: 1.28/1.25/1.20
or add recognition for getting within a second of the optimal time for each event.

sneaky77

There are no "bugged" times on the leaderboards, some people are that fast. Also you can see their ghosts running around but not if you are that fucking slow that you can't even get 3 stars.

I saw one obvious bugged time in a club challenge yesterday.. I had the first time a couple of days ago at 4:02, and the top time was 1:10 or something like that...

lordxar

Yep I raised this too a few pages back - there needs to be a score reset if you stop, reverse or go the wrong way around the track. I just don't bother going for the leaderboard on drift events now.

OK that's pretty bad. I didn't think you could go that far back. On the plus side it looks like the offender has good car control!

Is anyone having trouble accessing their dlc? I'm trying to play it but it says i need to download it and when i go to download it says that that the dlc is already installed.

Rushy

On the subject of high score tables. Let's talk about the Driveclub problem of scoring drift events:

http://youtu.be/XIx9N5u55qk

Thanks to everyone who reported the issue, we have now fixed this. Expect it in a future game update.

Yes, known bug that Evo seems to want to call a system issue. Bug them @driveclub on twitter if you can.

It's a Store side issue, we're working closely with their team to resolve this for a the few affected.

However many people have resolved this by following these steps:

1 - System Settings > PSN > Activate as Primary PS4
2 - Reboot the PS4
3 - System Settings > PSN > Restore Licences

Additionally make sure you've downloaded the content from same region store as the game (US disc then use the US Store).

It's a Store side issue, we're working closely with their team to resolve this for a the few affected.

2 - Reboot the PS4

Additionally make sure you've downloaded the content from same region store as the game (US disc then use the US Store).
Thanks for the update Rushy! I assumed it was a store issue, since it is similar to the issues with LBP3 DLC. Unfortunately none of the recommendations above have worked for me. I feel like I've tried everything at this point aside from Initialization. Hopefully the store folks can resolve this quickly, as I was really eager to try the new tour pack!

Merun

Thanks to everyone who reported the issue, we have now fixed this. Expect it in a future game update.

Great to see community feedback being taken into account. Good job Rushy and all the people at Evo. I can't wait to put some nice and clean drift I can be proud of, and be in the leaderboard.

Sir TapTap

If the DLC is truly a store issue I hope they patch the store/OS soon. DC is still the only game I'm having it in and none of the troubleshooting steps work.

viveks86

Didn't beat it well enough. I'm a few races from finishing Ignition (the BMW series and the main one) and I beat your times on a number of events.

Come on, man. I'm okay, but I'm not THAT good ;)

Lol. Time to create challenges and settle this once and for all :p

djjinx2

2 - Reboot the PS4

Was having a go at your challenge earlier :D

Not even top 10 Rushy tut tut

Add me plz? GgT-Wolves-FC

IKizzLE

2 - Reboot the PS4

Bought the physical copy from amazon and downloaded the DLC from the store. Did all of your recommendations on top of deleting my save and the 2.5 gb patch and rebuilding the database from safe mode and none of it still works. Based in the US, US copy and primary ps4.

And its only the Ignition Pack. All the other DLC works. Topic here has several people with the same issue(page 3): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949609&page=3

F-Pina

Just kicked out my first club member. I have an open space if anyone wants to enter.
Club name: Nerd Monkeys

Don't enter the club if you don't intend on playing at least once a week. Tks.

2 - Reboot the PS4

These steps didn't work for me.

On the PSN webstore it gave the option to "Download to my PS4" but it hanged when I clicked it. I bet that's related to this issue. The web store seems to be down right now, hopefully they're fixing it. Is there an actual download for the ignition pack, or is it just an unlock?

There's a thread here where a few of us have documented our experiences with this particular issue.

2 - Reboot the PS4

Worked for me!
If only I knew before reinstalling my game twice...
Thanks Rushy :p

Time to take that M4 for a spin c:

garyBig

Man that new "never even lightly touch any wall EVER" thing feels like a game of 'Operation' sometimes. Glad they're going to fix that.

HTupolev

Man that new "never even lightly touch any wall EVER" thing feels like a game of 'Operation' sometimes. Glad they're going to fix that.
It's more like "never touch a wall lightly as that'll instantly slow you to a crawl, but feel free to smash into a wall heavily, as long as the game doesn't decide to give you a collision penalty."

"720P"

lol
It's an accurate description of the source video file that was uploaded to youtube.

Trigonx

I saw one obvious bugged time in a club challenge yesterday.. I had the first time a couple of days ago at 4:02, and the top time was 1:10 or something like that...

The challenges themselves bug out by changing the challenge, thus having a quicker time. The challenge that I had happen to me was a 3 lap race with a start time of 8:20am originally. I attempted this challenge around 5 times initially, came back to the challenge a few days later with it asking for only 1 lap and had a start at midnight.

Shaneus

Is anyone else having problems in photo mode where sometimes the post-processing doesn't kick in at all? Okay, wait... it just did it's thing after (I kid you not) around a minute. It's done that a few times, take longer than it should to do anything.

Notifications don't work and the second menue of the home screen when you go down is locked. Use to work at launch.
Second menu... the challenges? They're working fine.

leng jai

I sincerely hope this weather update has "saved" Evolution to an extent. I don't know know how accurate those posts about them being in trouble was but I really want a new Motorstorm and DC2.

Kumubou

I'm curious about something: How are current drift scores going to be handled? Are all of the events going to be reset, or only the top X scores, or only scores that would have violated the old rules, or do those ghosts get re-scored somehow? I have a lot of really high drift scores (of varying levels of jankiness) and I'll be a little sad if the clean ones get dropped... but that's life.

Crazy how DLC is being made and going to be sold before the network gets fixed or 100% of features get activated..

Do you really think the track designers or car modellers work on the network issues? Different people doing different jobs and no need to hold back single player features for the online side which is mostly fixed (global leaderboards take ages to load, not everyone gets into races from multiplayer lobbies).

IKizzLE

Ok, so they are fixing that?
Good. It's the thing I hate most about this game. Touch a wall, during a race, and your done. Add on top of the fact that the tracks are very narrow and the AI is super aggressive and you get a frustrating time.

Now all Rushy has to do is fix the Manual downshift issue. Never played a game where you can't just downshift whenever you please. Ridiculous that you have to wait until its at a very low Rev limit.

IKizzLE

2 - Reboot the PS4

Hey Rushy, not sure if anyone has reported this, but will you guys be looking at Manual downshifting and the fact that you can't downshift when you please?

Top Bottom