• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Photomode |OT| The better you look, the more you can get away with.

The best thing is that all these effects seem to have come with zero impact on frame rate. Quite funny considering how many people here on GAF were calling Evo incompetent arseholes for not being able to produce the game on time and with the weather effects on launch.

Right now, even with it's semi broken online, graphically it's head and shoulders above anything else that claims to be next gen on consoles.

PJV3

This thread is crazy, they need to get the people at Evolution on the New year honours list, hand a few knighthoods out for services to blowing the mind.

Merun

For those with wheels and want to contribute to this topic, you are in luck.
zzppbg.png

I have no wheels to test though :/

Kessiah

Neo Member
Your screenshots are coming from the share fonction (extraction in USB) or captured by a HDMI game recorder ?

Screenshots I take by the share fonction look worse that on screen.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When Replay mode hits it's going to increase the quality of photo mode outputs by a ridiculous amount.

Instead of hoping to catch the right moment with the photo mode button, we'll be able to go through our replays looking for the exact moment.

I can't wait to see what happens to this thread post Replay mode.

I really really hope replay mode had Forza style FF/RWD buttons with variable slow motion. Soo good. Slow motion + HUD off = amazing video clips.

also as it is a track racer it should have decent camera positions. I really missed those in Forza Horizon 2 - the cameras were really difficult to work with.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How?
Rainy weather mean less lights.

you can set it to heavy rain but clear sky. When I'm racing with random clouds I often get blazing sun poking through during the race too. Sure there were some in this thread - a couple of close-ups of the back of cars for instance.

Couple of mine

TEH-CJ

Banned
You guys do realize the lighting engine has been upgraded right? so has the AA. it looks like a completely new game. Its incredible.

garyBig

You guys do realize the lighting engine has been upgraded right? so has the AA. it looks like a completely new game. Its incredible.

Well, if I had done anything else yesterday than just rainy and snowy tracks, I might have noticed something.

Juz

This thread is ridiculous af right now brehs.

Gonna try and get some of my pictures in later today.

the amazing thing to me is despite all the weather and all the effects and all that, not a single dropped frame anywhere. Game handles like a dream too. Augh, so good. Sucks they had such a rough start but hopefully word of mouth spreads now that the game is as it was originally intended.

Tfault

Not working with a T500RS (even when taking care to not map any function to R3).
:sadpanda:

Not working on my T500RS also :(

Apologies, I've just been informed that this is scheduled for a later patch.

Thanks for that. Can you tell us if it should/will work on a T500RS once patched?

Must be satisfying to read all the positive reactions now. Your team are doing a great Job.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, I wish image quality were better in game. The game is still rather jaggy and texture filtering is just awful. Everything else about the visuals is mind blowing but those two components really detract from it. Really wish they could improve it a bit.

when was the last time you played it?, I think they have improved the AA in recent patches, looks pretty clean now imo and I wouldn't call it a jaggy game.

I don't know if some of you are modifying these pictures but when i play the game the image quality and AA does NOT look anything close to what these pictures look like.

And i have tried the game on my expensive Bravia TV and on my PC monitor.

Also when i use the PS4 screenshot thing, the pictures look like ASS.

I don't know if some of you are modifying these pictures but when i play the game the image quality and AA does NOT look anything close to what these pictures look like.

And i have tried the game on my expensive Bravia TV and on my PC monitor.

Also when i use the PS4 screenshot thing, the pictures look like ASS.

The photomode does improve the image quality and AA.

Are you using photomode, or just screenshotting gameplay?

abuC

These pictures are insane, I really hope Evolution uses that engine for some kind of open world RPG as well.

Screenshot thing from the PS4 have not tried photo mode.
In some way this is false advertising the game graphics to people, because some people will think that the gameplay actually looks like those pictures, YES they are somewhat close to it, but the image quality when actually playing the game is NO WHERE near that nice looking.

I know i know it's nitpicking but its the truth.

AuRoN89

Banned

This is true but the differences are really minimal, and relative only to AA, not the "quality"

In some way this is false advertising the game graphics to people, because some people will think that the gameplay actually looks like those pictures, YES they are somewhat close to it, but the image quality when actually playing the game is NO WHERE near that nice looking.

The image quality IT'S THE SAME, with a bit more aliasing (this evening i can post some comparisons for you if you want)

Of course you can't zooming like that while playing, that's why there no lot of details.

AuRoN89

Banned

look

http://i.imgur.com/qzel8cg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8Hvbusc.jpg

Can you spot any dramatic differences (beside the environment)?? Not me, a part the very softly jaggies over the door. (that disappear if you zoom in)

Some shadows are even BETTER on the non-processed image.

Other than a few aliasing issues, it honestly is.

And those aliasing issues are mostly gone now.

shandy706

If only the fireworks were reflected. Would certainly add to the shots.

Basically every light/object in the game reflects or casts on everything else. I don't understand the fireworks thing.

Top Bottom