• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Photomode |OT| The better you look, the more you can get away with.

15803495899_64751ec8f1_o.jpg

WOW !!!

Some of the pics posted here as just crazy...

Woo, my copy comes in today! :D Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to download the update until this weekend :(

Off-topic: It'd be awesome if game patches/updates on consoles could be downloaded and installed via USB like system updates.

BraXzy

If it wasn't for the fact I was in this thread, I would take this as a photo of an actual Aston Martin. Whadafaq!

I just showed the family and none of them said anything other than ooh nice car. Then I said looks pretty real right? And they're all like o_O

shandy706

Haha. Honestly their faces look really good, a shame the bodies are so fucked up.

Haha, yeah..the faces are really good.

Screwy/lower poly spectator bodies is probably something we'll have to deal with this gen, even in 30fps racers...especially at any LOD beyond the closest one.

That NPCar is really rough too. It's neat seeing the assets that get sacrifices in different games in similar genres, while different things get a major focus. It fits the style of racer though.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Some random images. Don't look quite so vibrant on my monitor compared to my telly.

kcoyod.jpg

wopvrb.jpg

Even his shirt is wet!

easqtm.jpg

bzswda.jpg

These last two are the same image but the first is untouched by camera settings.

Without Filter

jnitbw.jpg

With Filter.

rewibi.jpg

Haha. Honestly their faces look really good, a shame the bodies are so fucked up.

Crowds will always play second fiddle in terms of resources in a racing game. I think we need maybe three or four more gens until we get a realistic or high poly crowd.

...Nah, even then, I'm sure devs will still prefer the least amount of effort possible on the crowd lol

Noobcraft

Crowds will always play second fiddle in terms of resources in a racing game. I think we need maybe three or four more gens until we get a realistic or high poly crowd.

...Nah, even then, I'm sure devs will still prefer the least amount of effort possible on the crowd lol
There's definitely a balance, I think GT5 had some pretty good crowds if I remember correctly. Especially at the London track.

I was just able to induce screen tearing by using photomode on a really taxing part of a track with heavy precipitation and stormy clouds.

So I guess this game is using a soft-vsync, although I cannot recall a single tear during real gameplay, so I guess that's good.

Anyone else notice this?

dr guildo

If it wasn't for the fact I was in this thread, I would take this as a photo of an actual Aston Martin. Whadafaq!

I just showed the family and none of them said anything other than ooh nice car. Then I said looks pretty real right? And they're all like o_O

Thank you for your comment, glad to see someone appreciating my pics !

EGOMON

Holy Heavens this game is unbelievable !!
EVO already achieved and surpassed the reveal of this game, Bravo!

Top Bottom