• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub PS+ Edition Has Been M.I.A. For 100 Days

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Originally scheduled to release on October 7, 2014.
http://tiny.cc/driveclubpsplus

Or going by the original release date, 426 days.
http://tiny.cc/ps4launch

Blog update
Update: We know many of you were looking forward to playing the promised PS Plus Edition and we are truly sorry for the delay. Our first priority is to provide you with the best possible experience while playing DRIVECLUB. With the high volume of new players and additional server load the PS Plus Edition is anticipated to bring, we are currently not confident that we can guarantee the best online experience. Until we can ensure that everyone can enjoy the full social connected online experience, we will be postponing the release of the PS Plus Edition until further notice.

October 30 update
We are also very conscious that we have disappointed so many of you who were looking forward to playing the promised PS Plus Edition. Our first priority is to provide you with the best possible experience while playing DRIVECLUB. With the high volume of new players and additional server load the PS Plus Edition is anticipated to bring, we are currently not confident that we can guarantee the best online experience. Until we can ensure that everyone can enjoy the full social connected online experience, we will be postponing the release of the PS Plus Edition until further notice.

Apparently it will come sometime this century?
Yes, we're still hard at work on making the necessary server updates & upgrades to support the PS+ Edition.

Scooby Doo, where are you?

Moderator note: This thread is for discussing the unreleased PS+ version of DC. It is not for reviews, evangelizing, or comparison with other racers. Please use one of the many other DC threads for those purposes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wonder if they'll just skip it and eventually make Driveclub a full freebie PS+ title down the line

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
『Inaba Resident』;147500819 said:
Isn't the game fixed?
Where is it?
I lend it from a colleague and I've played it for like 6 hours now. I think it's showing the "Disconnected from servers" stuff for 20 minutes of that time.

So it's not yet perfect. :p

JayEH

Crazy isn't it? I thought the game was stable now and they've been adding new content for a while. Shame since I really want to check it out.

Jigolo

I lend it from a colleague and I've played it for like 6 hours now. I think it's showing the "Disconnected from servers" stuff for 20 minutes of that time.

So it's not yet perfect. :p
No game is perfect. You'll find this "disconnected from servers" in any online game

benny_a

No game is perfect. You'll find this "disconnected from servers" in any online game
Sure, one out of 8 attempts or so I also disconnected from EA's server when playing FIFA.

But that message is only displayed for a short moment and then I say okay and get another connection established.
Driveclub does that all in the background while having the text scrolled by on the screen.

nikos

Sony seriously doesn't get enough shit for this.

Whenever anything Driveclub related is posted, half the comments are of people complaining that the PS+ version isn't out yet.

Anybody interested in the game should just buy it already. It's well worth it.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
These companies surely likely to screw consumers over and over. It's only the gaming industry where false promises carry on without much of a debacle.

#waitclub continues...

maybe someday it will finally be ready for primetime!

i feel bad for the people who got PS+ and wanted to try it and their subscription expired.

I agree. I understand fixing the game for the people who purchased it, but they said that this would be a PS+ title too. I don't care how people try to spin it, they said this and they should be held accountable for it.

Whenever anything Driveclub related is posted, half the comments are of people complaining that the PS+ version isn't out yet.

how about you just buy it for me and if i truly like it, i reimburse you 100%?

jmaine_ph

I refuse to buy driveclub until this is out. If your going to tell me this was delayed due to issues then why should I buy your full product?

Gestault

If a game is advertised as part of a paid service, and after-the-fact, people are told it isn't available for the service many buy a year at a time, this isn't a reasonable reaction. If quality concerns are why a subscription-based version of a game isn't being released, what does that say about paying for it individually?

Z_Y

Agree with this. I even see people getting upset in DC threads when someone points this out. It's ridiculous.

Case in point....and this is a thread devoted entirely ro the delay!

No I will not just buy it already. I'm only interested enough to try out the free version. Will decide form there.

v1lla21

Okay. Might as well buy the game now. If they haven't completely fixed it, why release the PS+ just to have people complain about a free game.

Darknight

I still dont get how this demo is supposed to destroy their servers. Doesn Sony give them servers? I also dont think DC is as big as some shooters so dont get the stuff with the servers. If they had shit servers from day1, not sure why they didnt let Sony know or ask for some backup from their boss.

Portugeezer

You can't just hand out Driveclub to everyone...

Slow and steady.

untitled-kljjklkl1pysg8.gif

Magwik

Banned
At the very least they are talking about it still. Is it that hard to believe the extra PS+ user base from the release would be s lot of strain on the network and servers? Does it still suck? Absolutely.

For the people who don't show faux "concern" online this is just a glorified demo that has less than 20% of the full game. People who are genuinely waiting this to come out have little interest in the game to begin with.

Atomski

『Inaba Resident』;147500819 said:
Isn't the game fixed?
Where is it?

Add a few million free versions and the game will probably go right back to broken for everyone.

One of the things that probably helped it was people just stopped playing so those who still are dont have many issues.

For the people who don't show faux "concern" online this is just a glorified demo that has less than 20% of the full game. People who are genuinely waiting this to come out have little interest in the game to begin with.
I still think if one of the big three promised a demo of a big first party title and then last minute said oh never mind. Shit would still look bad.

Brofist

The amazing thing is they actually sold some launch day PS4s because of this title. I know a few people personally who listed it as a reason for preordering.

I'm talking about before the delay and announced that it was nerfed to a glorified demo.

kyser73

Sure, one out of 8 attempts or so I also disconnected from EA's server when playing FIFA.

But that message is only displayed for a short moment and then I say okay and get another connection established.
Driveclub does that all in the background while having the text scrolled by on the screen.

Have you downloaded all the patches? You said you're on a rental copy, so presumably that's Day 1 vanilla.

I haven't had a 20 minute wait to get online since the dark days around the launch.

Megatron

Completely disagree. Sony completely lied to us about this. Now we should reward them by giving them $60 when they still haven't done what they said they would? On principal alone I wouldn't buy this until the plus edition comes out. (Barring maybe a crazy $10 sale or something)

Griss

That is absolutely ridiculous.

I want to try the game before I consider buying it. I was told I'd be able to do so; I signed up for PS+. Since they did not let me do so, on principle alone I'll wait to try the game, and if I like it I'll buy it. I'm still super-hyped over finally getting to play it, but the wait has become ludicrous. If I was to buy it and not like it before the PS+ version comes out then I'd really feel like Sony had conned me with their business practices here, and I'm not going to let that happen.

Darknight

Add a few million free versions and the game will probably go right back to broken for everyone.

One of the things that probably helped it was people just stopped playing so those who are did not have many issues.

They should of made it offline only then. Be like that GTHD prologue from back in the day. Give them a taste of the races, graphics, weather system, control mechanics. Save the social aspects for the discounted PS+ edition if they dont want to kill their own servers. Maybe only allow leaderboards for best times on a few tracks that your friends could challenge.

Draper

That's hardly the point.

DJ_Lae

I ended up caving and buying the game anyway after seeing images and video of the game post-rain patch. It being $30 off at the time didn't hurt either.

I would probably have bought the game sooner (if not immediately) if there was a PS+ edition to get me off the fence, and I would have happily paid more for the opportunity.

The salt over this delay is so overblown. Once it does come out the game will have had a ton of free content additions and tech/gameplay improvements.

This isnt a con, just a planning and dev fuck up.

kyser73

That is absolutely ridiculous.

I want to try the game before I consider buying it. I was told I'd be able to do so; I signed up for PS+. Since they did not let me do so, on principle alone I'll wait to try the game, and if I like it I'll buy it. I'm still super-hyped over finally getting to play it, but the wait has become ludicrous. If I was to buy it and not like it before the PS+ version comes out then I'd really feel like Sony had conned me with their business practices here, and I'm not going to let that happen.

You could always just ask someone who has it to do a shareplay.

benny_a

Have you downloaded all the patches? You said you're on a rental copy, so presumably that's Day 1 vanilla.

I haven't had a 20 minute wait to get online since the dark days around the launch.
It's fully patched.

I meant the ticker (in red text) that goes across the screen when you play. I'm guessing it's been running for ~20 minutes out of 6 hours I've played it.

Megatron

It is now. But remember when it was first announced as having "most of the tracks and cars of the retail edition"? The way this thing has been handled from day one has been shameful. (Remember Rushy deleting his posts?)

Not everything is in black and white. If I play the demo now and have a good time with it I may pick it up later, as with any demo. If Evolution keeps telling me that the game isn't good enough to have a demo, why would I turn around and reward them with a sale by buying the game blind?

If they can't put out a demo, they shouldn't promise one. The consumers you have contempt for have nothing to do with Evo's incompetence here.

Atomski

They should of made it offline only then. Be like that GTHD prologue from back in the day. Give them a taste of the races, graphics, weather system, control mechanics. Save the social aspects for the discounted PS+ edition if they dont want to kill their own servers. Maybe only allow leaderboards for best times on a few tracks that your friends could challenge.

Yeah cant really argue with that. Atleast that would have gone better. Still the challenge stuff was one of the big things about the game and the weather wasn't in the game till recently.

RefigeKru

Banned
Ultimately I believe they're no longer intending to do a PS+ version, or at best they'll have it as a free game for a period but in terms of recent attention see no reason to.

The real issue at hand is they've not articulated this for people waiting, and if they're waiting.... I can't see what they're waiting for. It's completely worth the money despite the old shady money making practices.

Glorified G is right here. Those willing to post about it in a forum, apparently not playing it or feeling justified in a purchase seem unlikely to actually buy the game. As great as it would be to have portions of it for free, it doesn't feel to be moving in that direction - the issue here is Sony's lack of information.

Maybe put a hashtag out there, rally the troops.

They are already selling the game for 50% off here.

At this point I bet the PS+ edition will just be the full game for a month in the PS+ IGC by E3.

Not everything is in black and white. If I play the demo now and have a good time with it I may pick it up later, as with any demo. If Evolution keeps telling me that the game isn't good enough to have a demo, why would I turn around and reward them with a sale by buying the game blind?

If they can't put out a demo, they shouldn't promise one. The consumers you have contempt for have nothing to do with Evo's incompetence here.

If that is what you are reading into it, I dont know what to tell you. They are still optimizing the netcode for a big launch like PS plus. They obviously dont want to fuck up the second launch.

Nope, and I think that's what's rubbing people the wrong way, the lack of communication.

Personally, I'd bet it doesn't get released.

T'was a few people who disagreed with me then, but I stand by it, and it seems more and more likely. Really a gigantic fuck up on Sony's part.

Top Bottom