• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PS Plus Edition Coming Soon

Slay

Hi guys, i'm running a major Playstation Forum in Greece and one of my moderators posted a video with the new features of the PS Plus edition for driveclub.

https://youtu.be/SIL3cuac2jg

In the video you can see him running the Ps Plus edition with many options labeled with the "coming soon" phrase. He says that the new version is better than the original planned one, and he gave us the car list.

Volkswagen Golf GTI
Mini Cooper Works GP
Audi A1 quattro

Bentley GT V8
Mercedes A 45 AMG
Lotus Evora S

BMW M3 GTS
Maserati GranTurismo
Alfa Romeo 4C

Bac Mono
Audi R8 V10
Marussia B2

Pagani Zonda R
RUF CTR3
Koenigsegg Agera R

I must tell you that he got the Ps Plus edition in october through the hong kong store, before it was removed.

You can read the original post (in Greek) in the link below.

http://www.ps4forums.gr/vb/content....ρχεται-συντομα-η-PS-Plus-εκδοση-του-Driveclub

UPDATE:

new video cars and locations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRhTMEfHHpk

October 2014 (PS Plus cancelled edition)

B1TYnHhIEAA-iPD.jpg:orig

May 2015 PS Plus edition

CEy3roqWMAEF_N1.jpg:orig

update:

New video with the enviroment and event settings, it's the same with the full game, and after the end of the race you get the replay too.

https://youtu.be/A98v5EhY8HI

An E3 'available now' announcement seemed plausible to me.

People keep saying that but it won't happen. The last thing Sony want at E3 is everyone talking about how their servers couldn't handle the PS+ edition and they've had to pull it.

E3 is a time for good press, driveclub is too risky.

lolsauce, I assumed it had just been cancelled at this point. I remember buying a PS4 and 12 months of PS+ when I went back to school in August of 2014 partially because I wanted to play Driveclub. Almost 12 months later, I've sold my PS4 and never got to see what DC was like.

Checking the PS+ thread every day for a solid two weeks after release was infuriating. That entire experience was incredibly disappointing.

Soon as in actually soon it soon as in PR speak soon. Because soon started to feel pretty far away and I broke down and purchased the full game, something I was going to do anyway. I think most people that felt the same way have already done the same.

Lebneney

Banned
Inb4 it's shown off at E3 as "ready to download right this instance."

I'm just going to opt for the full version, it's quite cheap now anyways.

edit: It seems you have beat me to the punch good sir.
An E3 'available now' announcement seemed plausible to me.

Slay

Maybe i didn't communicate this in the right way. As i said he had the PS plus edition from the start, and it worked like they said it would (available tracks, cars etc.) But NOW he sees a different UI , a new tour called Startline, while the main tour is now locked. And the game now has the wheather effects and the replay function.

It's been nearly 7 months.

You'd think people who are desperate to play it would have done so. Sony screwed up and they should make amends.

Maybe i didn't communicate this in the right way. As i said he had the PS plus edition from the start, and it worked like they said it would (available tracks, cars etc.) But NOW he sees a different UI , a new tour called Startline, while the main tour is now locked. And the game now has the wheather effects and the replay function.

Weather was always going to be in the plus edition, so were replays. Only thing plus edition would lack is less cars and tracks.

I think your so called friend is confused with what is called a patch.

djjinx2

What-Year-Is-It.jpg

They should just give the game away on PS Plus now, it's been way to long a wait. I was day 1 NO regrets ;)

Hasney

Weather was always going to be in the plus edition, so were replays. Only thing plus edition would lack is less cars and tracks.

I think your so called friend is confused with what is called a patch.

Right, but the PS Plus version has never been patched until now and it's change what they have access to, so they're clearly gearing up for something.

elfinke

I picked up DC for $15 just the other day, it's so cheap now that a PS+ edition is almost not worth it in comparison.

That being said, I'll support anything and anyone that puts a demo of their product out in 2015.

Armadilo

Banned
if PlayStation said during E3 that the PS version is now available they would look bad and should, the truth is that they should just give the full game out to PS plus members and call it even and say sorry and then we could finally hold hands and move on, But I do wonder if PS plus versions of first party games were going to be a thing before this happened ? Knack PS + version, Killzone PS + version etc..?

Yeah some of the recent patches made it seem like it was happening soon.

I was just wondering if they would be dumb enough to save it as a E3 announcement

Armadilo

Banned
but if they were finally going to launch Driveclub PS+ version why not just launch it any time ? When they showed the game in the trailer last year they said it was a PS plus bonus game for the month, so just say it's out

Armadilo

Banned
guys off topic question- but how long does it take to become a member, I really want to start threads but can't and since I can't, I get in trouble for bumping really old threads just because they are similar to what I want to talk about. Please and thank you

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Does the final game look better than the version running on demo kiosks? Because that version looks worse than Forza 5.

Top Bottom